Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galler
Jan 28, 2008

some texas redneck posted:

And until you've been here awhile, you often don't even know what city you're in. :haw:

This is the loving truth. Outside of CBD/downtown area it's just miles and miles and miles of, essentially, suburbs with only a tiny City Name sign by the side of the road to let you know that you've left one city and entered another.

There are certainly worse places to live but get a place as far from downtown Dallas as you can.

Galler fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jul 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Motronic posted:

Is the base on those as small as it looks?

I'm pretty partial to using way "oversized" stands (like 12 ton) simply because the base is so much larger.

I do this as well although part of the reason is that I don't trust Chinese made anything to actually meet its spec. I've got four (two sets of) 6 ton stands and my safety margin assumes that each one is only good for half its rated capacity. So going by that each stand should be good for 1.5 tons which will more than cover any vehicle I'm likely to buy.

If I could get the balance right one stand should be able to hold my whole Fit up by itself :haw:

E: for anyone unaware stands sold in pairs are rated as a pair. So a pair of 6 ton stands are, when used together, supposed to be good for 6 tons. Individually they are only going to be half that. I then cut that number in half because I'm paranoid.

Galler fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jul 18, 2014

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Don't get me wrong, she appreciates the money and wants a new car. But she feels lime there's a limit to what we should take. I mean, she's not wrong. I don't want my mother to feel like we took advantage either.

I have found four Fiesta's in the area that meet the criteria, 3 of which fall under the $12k. The fourth one is the one she drive and is $12500. We're gonna check the others out Thursday morning and I'm gonna run some carfaxes.

I got my 08 Fit with ~69k miles on it for just under $10k a bit over a year ago. Based on your price range and Fiesta comment I think it would be worth looking for one if you aren't already.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

IOwnCalculus posted:

Buuut, nope, not gonna pay $4/month just to get some Chris Harris. I like the guy and his videos but that's steep.

That was my first thought as well. There are some channels I would consider paying for* but that subscription ends up being like $2-3 a Chris Harris video and I don't care that much.

* Most of these would require more frequent/consistent updates to go along with the subscription.

• Locked thread