Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Our Hilti Tools rep was in our area at UMASS today and invited us to free lunch at Chili's. It's 20 min into our 30 min break and our food just got here. Ahhhh yeeeeeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I've been working at this place for 2 months now and someone already hates me. Me and a couple guys were wiring up a school building and it was my job to firestop all the sleeves we installed in the walls. Well eventually I was up to my elbows in red fire caulking and I would wipe off my hands on some HVAC ducts so I wouldn't get any on the ceilings tiles or grids. And out of bordem I wiped it off into the shape of smiley faces. The foreman on the job saw them and threw a bitch fit even though you can't see them from the ground and no one else gave a poo poo. Dude was so mad he called our project manager to complain about it and me, saying he wants nothing to do with me. Jokes on him though, I've been working with the PM since then doing easy rear end fiber terminations and fusion splices.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Pretty sure your fiber termination box shouldn't look like a bowl of spaghetti.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

kastein posted:

Early 90s honda accord (at least 92 through 97)

Somewhere, aceofsnett and STR are angry and they don't even know why.

I went into replacing the brakes on my old '94 Accord totally unprepared for that. What a giant PITA.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

My SS/SC had it's sunroof fixed before I bought it and it already is squeaky as hell if it's all the way open. I got to close it from wide open about 1cm for the noise to stop. I changed the OEM timing chain tensioner to the revised one a while back so my engine should be good for a while. Now if we are talking about the clear coat peeling off, that's a different story all together.

Work is a bust today. Got to the site at 8 instead of 7 because that's when the head of IT gets in. We were supposed to pipe and snake a bunch of locations back to the IDF but there is some special class in the room we need to get into ALL WEEK. You'd think someone would have known that before hand. So me and my JW are just sitting here talking about coins and silver killing time because we have about an hour of work left to do here and 6 hours left until we can go home.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Whoever built this building needs to eat poo poo. This wall is 3 cinderblocks thick with rebar in the middle. I spent 45 minutes yesterday trying to hammer drill two 1" holes through it and didn't even finish the first one before we got too many noise complaints and had to stop for the day. Just got here a little early before the buding opens up to try and finish. Wish me luck.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And the shop just dropped off a 6ft. long 1-3/16" drill bit to get through the wall. Fucker is huge.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

My friend from HS went to school in England and just moved home with a fiance. They came over last night. Dude is British as hell but drives a Mustang and plays basketball. He thinks PB&J sandwiches are gross though.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Man I love working at hospitals. So many hot rear end nurses too look at. Too bad they don't really enjoy small talk with filthy sweaty construction workers.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I got into the inside wireman apprenticeship. On one hand there is way more union electrical work than union telecom work here. On the other hand I'd have to take a $12/hr pay cut and go to school for another 5 years. I almost have all my work hours to take my Class D tests though. And I know I'd like working more with fiber optics and LV cabling than electrical work.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Lol. Easier said than done. When you have to pull the fiber cable hundreds of feet (not just plug in 10ft patch cords like you IT guys), terminate it in a dirty construction environment, and then test it and if it passes we can save the results. Luckily our shop has a fusion splicer now so we buy the FIS Cheetah connectors. You can get any type of connector with a pigtail on it and splice it. My JW and I can splice about twice as much in a day now instead of polishing.

The options for me now are to either get my Class D once I have all my work hours logged and do voice/data/video, fiber, and security systems (which is what I wanna do) or go back to school for another 5 years and get my ticket.

Super Aggro Crag fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jul 21, 2014

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

The butella & banana crepe from the food truck near my house is amazing.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Kastein and I are practically half asbestos half human at this point.

Also, shoutout to this building for being double sheetrocked with plywood behind it. I'm trying to cut out holes in the walls for outlets and what should take 5 minutes each is taking 15 now. PITA hospital. At least there are mad hot nurses walking around.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Glad you're okay STR. I never tried Ativan but I love loading up on Xanax and drinking a beer or 6, blacking out and waking up in my backyard under the picnic table.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Magic Underwear posted:

you need rehab more than him

Nah. I've been working for the past 3 months so I can smoke again. I've cut my drinking down to only Friday and Saturday. And I ran out of my monthly Xanax script two months ago and haven't renewed it because I don't care that much.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I just got done pulling 40 CAT5e cables for a remodel and the office next door just lost all their phones. Thought maybe I sliced through a trunk with the pull string and started freaking out. Luckily we found out the in-house phone guy here was dicking around with the phone cross connects and went to lunch in the middle of it.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

bend posted:

Mining update:
Down in the first layer of wash about 4 1/2 feet and starting to get 2-5 mm chunks of gold in the sluice. gently caress yeah!. found a little creek over the back too, got about 8 foot of bank with a couple of pickers in every pan. Not sure it counts as a job yet, but if this keeps up I'll have a car again by the end of next month easy.

You are living my dream.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Yay... Telephone pole bucket truck work an hour away from my house in the boonies with no cell service.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

No one told me this job site was 10 hour days! Left at 6AM got home at 6PM.

Super Aggro Crag fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jul 26, 2014

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Did a little engine degreasing and cleaning yesterday. I have a long way to go, but I took a big layer of grime off.

Looks like I'll be staying on the job I was at on Friday. That means 5 10hr days outside and a 2hr roundtrip commute. At least the OT will pay for the gas...

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Got pulled from the bucket truck job to start a job site in CT today. Except no one told me it's an 8AM start and not 7AM as usual. I showed up and the place is a ghost town. Oh well, at least I get to sleep in an extra hour the next two weeks.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I shouldn't have sweat through my god drat JEANS by 9AM. No A/C and high humidity makes for a long sweaty chaffing day for Mr. SAC here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Mother loving Sharknado 2.

• Locked thread