Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

You know, I think I eat far too many of my after work lunches at Taco Bell. That being said, holy poo poo the new Quesarito is pretty loving good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

13 INCH DICK posted:

If you're going to Taco Bell and counting calories you're doing it wrong.

Quotin' this. There once was a time when I could put back 2 5 layer burritos and not even flinch. If I counted the number of calories i've consumed from that place throughout the years, I'd be a very depressed man :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Geirskogul posted:

Two five-layer burritos is easy. Still bad for you, but easy.

Three whoppers? I'm having a difficult time imagining. The thing about Taco Bell is that everything is made out of the same stuff. They have six ingredients, and it seems that in-house meal designers were told to go wild with them. Hence a quesadilla/burrito hybrid.

See, you say that, but I have a hard time putting away the second one. I think i'm going soft in my old age, even one of those fuckers will fill me up. That being said, worst habit I used to have was eating 2 Double Downs and chugging one of those 24oz cans of Monster. It's a wonder i'm still alive.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Jesus loving christ, why do people insist on shifting from reverse to drive or vice versa while the vehicle is still moving :gonk:

I have a coworker that always does that in our work truck and I keep expecting to hear horrible sounds :(

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

ExplodingSims posted:

Also serves as my offroading outlet since I'm a poor and can't afford a proper offroading setup.

Get Spintires, it's well worth the $30. I've been having a blast taking an 8x8 MTVR and just driving through rivers :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Woohoo, just made my last bank loan payment today! That's an extra $115 a month I can put back now :v:

Feels awesome, I've been paying on it for the past 2 years and I'm finally done.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Is it bad that I really want the 4wd Sonoma that a local town uses for a security truck? The guy who works security is talking about trying to get them to replace it and driving it is giving me flashbacks to when I owned this:

All i'd really need to do is swap the steering column to a tilt column setup so I could fit in it more comfortably and it'd be perfect for an offroad toy.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

So far the Need For Speed movie isn't as godawfully terrible as I expected it'd be. It's not great but it's definitely watchable at least. On par with the stupid but fun Fast and Furious movies.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

cursedshitbox posted:

california!

perfect driving weather all the time. but the rest of the state sucks donkey balls.

He said for cars though, and Cali still has CARB, doesn't it?

EDIT: I'll say Arkansas isn't too terrible for cars though. No emissions, no inspections, and we have decent driving roads like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRTEEXIrmEs

Back when I still lived at that house I used to love the drive home. Still make that run occasionally just because it's an absolute blast.

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jul 13, 2014

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

All I know is, any state that will tell me my car isn't road legal because it throws a CEL is a state I want no part of :colbert:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

nm posted:

Stop buying VWs, it will be less of an issue.

Pffft. Ford, get it right :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

HotCanadianChick posted:

Oregon has mountains, is neither too hot nor too cold, rust isn't an issue, and we don't have safety inspections and we only do smog if you live inside the urban boundary of the Portland metro area. Plus registration is only $86 every two years. And no sales tax. It's pretty much the ideal car enthusiast state.

As long as you're not some sissy who moans about 6 months of rain (note I said rain, we only get snow/ice a handful of days a year, if that, and you can always live in the eastern half of the state - which is desert - if its that much of a problem)

Between this and the beautiful scenery, I keep getting tempted to visit / move to Oregon. I've got a friend who lives in Gladstone and he's been doing a drat good job of convincing me to check the place out.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

trouser chili posted:

German car party at my house.

2014 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI
1991 Audi v8 Quattro
2014 Mercedes-Benz E350 sport
Not pictured: 1970 Mercedes-Benz 250C

I still love that Quattro :allears:

You should post more about it!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

And that's why AI makes me feel like I live a really boring life most times :v:

Seriously, that canoe thing sounds awesome.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO9LYepgRq0

God, this thing sounds awesome :allears:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJMAy7Z6zys

Matt Farah gets to drive the most awesome stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Ugh, this sucks. Managed to bust my ankle up pretty spectacularly Monday while weedeating, caught a rock and slung it dead on into the bone of my right ankle at Mach 5 or so. Took Tuesday off, foolishly went in and worked Wednesday to make up some money, which hosed it up worse. Now i'm on my 3rd day of no work this week since I took Thursday off as well to try and undo Wednesday's gently caress up and i'm really hoping this poo poo is healed enough for me to go back to work by Monday. This is what I get for being an idiot and not wearing proper workboots. Lesson learned.

• Locked thread