Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Armchair Calvinist posted:

At this point I think I've replaced every mechanical, electrical, and suspension related component on my Volvo. My gimp suit has no eyes so I can only taste the turds perpetually flowing through my moist bankrupt lips.

This but replace Volvo with Subaru. And I'm not finished fixing it yet, because it keeps. loving. breaking. in new and exciting ways. :shepicide:

My Volvos don't cost me anything, other than lost property value from just sitting there collecting dust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Let's see, since buying the Fozzy 3 years ago, I have replaced:
Engine
Transmission
Driveshaft
Brakes (rotors, pads, and calipers) twice
All four wheel bearings
Radiator
Alternator
Both ball joints
Engine and trans mounts
Passenger door latch, it was fun driving around with that door ratchet strapped shut for a week

A ton of little things I am forgetting

It still needs:
All four struts
Suspension bushings (all of them)
Shifter bushings
Steering rack
Possibly a rear diff?
Exhaust
Axles

So, not as bad as Kastein's Jeep, but more than enough to make me want to set it on fire and walk away.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I get an hour for lunch at work, but most days don't have the money for food or just don't feel like eating. The stock-room (where I work out of) isn't air-conditioned and gets up to about 88-91f right around lunch time. Except for the back room, that is built into the hill. It stays around 78f or so, and nobody is around during lunch so I just lay on the concrete floor with a fan blowing on me and a packing blanket for a pillow. Bliss.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
"Best drat Garage in Town", Smokey Yunick's autobiography, is a definite must read for AIers.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
drat, I'm sorry to hear about your cat, STR :(

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
RIP, moody catte :smith:

Always sucks losing a pet, sorry again man.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
My 12 year old Calico was given a month to a year to live last year when her kidneys almost completely shut down. She's still active and happy but she's super skinny even though we give her all the canned food she wants. She stopped wanting to come inside a few weeks ago, I expect one day she'll just wander off into the woods and not come back. We've had her since she was only 2 weeks old, my mom bottle fed and carried her around in a pouch for several weeks until she was old enough.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I'm pretty sure I would literally die if the temperature hit 110+ here, but we also tend to have 70+ percent humidity which makes everything terrible. The humidity and I do not get along, anything above about 80f and I'll be sweating just sitting still. When I visited Vegas it was regularly 95-100f and I felt pretty good.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

some texas redneck posted:

Well, sitting in the ER with 170/120 and a pulse of 150. Things are off to a fantastic start, right? :haw:

drat man, I hope you feel better, good luck.

High blood pressure runs in my family, and as I've gotten older I've noticed that mine isn't as great as it once was. Gonna have to start giving up late night burgers :smith:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Powershift posted:

I don't drive rental cars any harder than i drive my own vehicles, because i'm respectful :colbert:

Or because i beat on my own poo poo and it's not possible to drive them any harder, one of the two.

This is why I don't think I beat on rentals.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Windshield on the Corolla got loving destroyed on the way home tonight, I have no idea what I hit but it sounded big, guessing a bird of some kind. No chip, just a big loving impact spot with lots of fun spiderweb cracks. :sigh:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

NitroSpazzz posted:

Wasn't someone in here complaining that they couldn't buy old Blipshift shirts? If I'm not completely delusional they're doing a 72 hour sale of their 24 most popular designs starting August 4th - http://blipshift.com/blogs/news/14910045-the-2014-running-of-the-bs24

Hmm, time to start saving up, I need some new fun t-shirts that aren't sarcastic teen poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Goober Peas posted:

It's always the 10mm socket...

Speaking of cars swallowing sockets and 10mm always disappearing, my Celica ate a deepwell 1/4 10mm 2 years ago while working under the dash, and it still hasn't turned up.

Rhyno posted:

Which is why I bought a dozen 10mms last month.

If you're havin' import problems I feel bad for you son
Cause I got 99 sockets but a 10mm ain't one.

:golfclap:

• Locked thread