Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

T1g4h posted:

See, you say that, but I have a hard time putting away the second one. I think i'm going soft in my old age, even one of those fuckers will fill me up. That being said, worst habit I used to have was eating 2 Double Downs and chugging one of those 24oz cans of Monster. It's a wonder i'm still alive.

I'm still this person. One of favorite meals is to go to Qudoba and get a burrito + Chips/queso combo, and wash it down with a whatever the largest sized cup at the Circle K is of Code Red. I'm 21 and apparently have the worlds greatest metabolism, cause I'm somehow not heavier than my car.

E.: Just looked that up, that's like 1750+ calories without the drink. :newlol:

ExplodingSims fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jul 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

ssjonizuka posted:

But are you still alive? What if this was all purgatory/transition to the afterlife...~~~~

Edit: about four years ago I'd have 2 full throttles as a "treat" for myself on Friday mornings. When you feel the heart palpitations is when you were having a good time.

Jesus Christ :stare: Even just drinking a whole one of those makes me feel like I can see through time. You must have kidneys of steel.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Welp, my Jeep battery decided to go bad. I'm really starting to miss having money to burn since quitting my last job, and almost thinking I made the wrong choice. Then I remember my boss wanted me to work 6+ hours for no pay and recycle used valet tickets. gently caress That. I got better things to do with my time.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

So has anyone else here given BeamNG drive a spin? Even if it's not a proper game just yet I think still has to be one of my favorite car games so far.
If nothing else it's a great way to blow off some steam. Had a lovely day? Take it out by reducing a Ferrari to pocket sized ball of twisted metal.

Also serves as my offroading outlet since I'm a poor and can't afford a proper offroading setup.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

T1g4h posted:

Get Spintires, it's well worth the $30. I've been having a blast taking an 8x8 MTVR and just driving through rivers :v:

I played the beta version of Spintires, and it was pretty fun, but the lack of damage modeling kinda turned me off of it.
Plus in Spintires I could never do this:

And besides, where else can I get the Reliant Robin experience, without any of the actual hazards of driving a real one?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Fucknag posted:

The one thing I'll say about Florida is that the daily thunderstorms tend to keep the heat from building up too much; we're at about a constant 90F/32C high all this week, albeit at 77% humidity.

Then again, it's loving awesome when it's bright and sunny until about 3pm, then a storm dumps rain on pavement that's been baking all day. Rain stops after about 15 minutes later, and all that moisture flashes to steam and goes right back into the air -- so now it's a few degrees cooler, but 100% humidity!

You know it's gonna be a bad day when you go outside and you can see the haze in the air. You can see about a mile farther during winter when the air is dry.

As a fellow Floridian I can say this is so loving true. When I worked Valet I'd always tell people I never minded working in the rain. The rain is awesome, it's what comes after that sucks. 95F and 99% Humidity? Have fun running.

I'm so glad I finally fixed my Jeep's AC. I don't what anyone says, driving with the windows down doesn't make it any cooler. Then you're just blowing hot air in your face.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Cage posted:

For those of you that change your own oil, where do you get your oil from? I spend close to $40 to get it done which isnt bad since I need extra oil and I refuse to go to one of those cheap chain shops but Im sure I can spend almost half that if I do it myself.

Wal-mart or Autozone if they're running a special. Just get a big jug of whatever for like $15
Course I drive a Jeep, so Oil is somewhat optional. :v:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

All of yall talkin' 'bout driving without A/C are crazy people. I know I've lived through a Florida summer without A/C and I just barely made it.
This is what driving an non-breathing metal cube gets you in Florida:

It's even more fun when one of the afternoon thunderstorms rolls in. 98F with with 99% Humidity. :suicide: gently caress Florida summers Forever

Luckily we had Motronic here to post our A/C repair thread, which not only got me to fix my A/C, but got me interested enough in A/C stuff to enroll at the local tech school for their HVAC/R program, so yay!

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Motronic posted:

That's crazy. Good on you for going with plumbing for geeks.

Yeah, it's great, I should be done with that by the end of this year, and it turns out through that class I get like 26 credits to an Industrial Management degree at Valencia, so it's a double win!

I pretty stoked about it though, I always though A/C stuff was this big complicated system, but it turns out nope it's actually pretty simple, and it seems like the field pays well enough, so I should get some good money to fuel ill-advised projects!

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Viggen posted:

Wimps. (Not a setup. It was pretty loving hot - until it dropped 20 degrees in 1/2 hour. Prayed to the hail gods to pass us buy. So far, so good.)

Was that inside temp or outside? Cause my pic was the temp Inside the car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Yikes, that's pretty brutal. Although pure heat by itself isn't too bad. I can deal with that for a while, but humidity is a killer.

When I worked valet I always used to tell people working in the rain never bothered me, it was what came after the rain that I hated.

• Locked thread