Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Rhyno posted:

Because talking about comic books gets Rhyno's rear end probated.

What about film adaptations?

I liked Man of Steel because Superman wasn't cheesy in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Sat waiting for an MOT and air con refil. Hopefully there won't be any issues

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

thegasman2000 posted:

Best of luck dude! I have a friendly garage and an unfriendly one nearby.... Why is one more booked up that the other :)

Clear with no issues.

Amazon Local was doing vouchers for cheap MOTs and aircon services with ATS Euromasters.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

That google location thing has been tracking me since before I got a google phone.
It's not just login data from computers either because it is at random points on the road
:tinfoil:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

NitroSpazzz posted:

That's kind of the point. Anytime your phone 'checks in' it drops a point on the map, depending on your phones settings this could be nearly continuous or only when you use maps or something. The downside of carrying around a little computer in your pocket all the time I guess. I'm kind of surprised though, I picked up a new phone a few days before heading to Germany and no data from my previous phone is on there.

That's what I mean though, my old phone was a blackberry which had no google services on it.
Blackberry might have my location but google shouldn't

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

It seems that data was being recorded since I got my tablet, guess it must have been picking up unsecured hotspots and pinging my location as I drove around.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

For the people with AC, supposing you didn't have AC what does the temperature actually get up to?

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Yuck that is some high heat.

Over here it's rare to have aircon in houses (I've yet to meet anyone that does have it)
Then again rainwater is generally cold already :britain:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

I suppose it would be futile to try to explain that drivers of vehicles that literally use coal as a fuel source try to avoid black smoke as it generally means they are using too much coal

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Geirskogul posted:

As a recent resident of Phoenix, I need that to be an official SA emote.

For the low low price of just $29.95 it can be.
Remember:

Lowtax posted:

LESS POSTING

MORE BUYING

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

My parent's cat kicked my old eee off the top of a 7' tall wardrobe
Twice
Aside from some keys falling off it kept going just merry until the battery died and I put a virus on it which meant it never ran properly again

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

jammyozzy posted:

I'm crossposting this here because I know automotive goons are also occasionally electrical goons, can anybody tell me how scared I should be of my kitchen wall socket:

I'm in the UK so I was expecting two pairs of leads not three, and I've never seen exposed earths outside of an industrial setting. Is my house gonna burn down? :ohdear:

I'd get a contractor to have a look if you are unsure.

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/br/BR_PDF_PTP_NEWRULESenglish.pdf

They look unsheathed in this guide

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

I'm now a qualified first aider.
CPR is really tiring so if you could avoid needing it that would be just swell

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Rhyno learn how to stitch patterns and make a thread on the SA mart for custom socks

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

some texas redneck posted:

Looks like the vet visit won't be necessary after all.

Rest in peace, jerk cat. :cry:

drat, sorry for your loss STR
RIP cat :(

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

the spyder posted:

"Sorry, we don't have any water" - this seemed strange at the time.

Did they forget the water or something?

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

kastein posted:

What's with you gents using miles? Come on, you've been on the metric system for how many years? :v:

We like to mix it up depending on what it is.

Small measurements are in mm, cm and m
Larger ones are in miles

People are measured in feet and inches

Drinks like cola or orange juice come in metric measurements but milk and beer come in pints

Road speeds are in mph

If you go to a market place you can use imperial and metric when asking for weights of things. In supermarkets/regular shops they come in metric quantities

People's weight are measured in stone

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Get well soon STR

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

I remembered last night I have a new rear-exhaust section bought for my 107 sitting in the shed
I'd been egged on by co-workers telling me I could change it myself, before common sense kicked in reminding me I only have a half scissor jack and a sloped driveway.
If anyone wants it (I seem to remember someone on here having an Aigo) then I'd swap it for a beer

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Made it half an hour into the work day before energy peaked. It's going to be a long day

Caffeine do your drat job :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Ages ago someone was asking for AI related books.
Just remembered a novel my dad read to me as a kid

quote:

American narrator Neil Mannix is a troubleshooter for multinational British Electric, and is sent to former British colony in Africa, Nyala to oversee the installation of a huge 550-ton power transformer. The newly independent Nyala is rich with oil, and hopes to prop up its shaky democracy and economy with a showcase new power station located at a remote location near its oil fields. Due to the increasing precarious political situation, the Nyalan government insists that British Electric dispatch the transformer via huge flatbed truck to reassure the populace, and suspecting difficulties, Mannix is sent to supervise the travels of "the rig". However, a civil war breaks out, and Mannix is bullied by a local doctor and an Irish nun into using the rig as a traveling hospital. He must deal with opposing armies, unsafe roads and bridges, some untrustworthy crew members and the local Nyalans who start to trek after the huge machine, which has taken on symbolic role for the populace.

• Locked thread