Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
My girlfriend's '01 Subaru Forester is just a jankheep. I just replaced the front rotors and pads, and noticed the half-shaft was dead. All four shocks are dead and one spring is showing some worrying signs of penetrative rust. The automatic trans shifts worryingly hard despite having fresh fluid and the engine has developed worrying, clattering noise I initially thought was a loose heatshield but I haven't been able to pin down. All the window and door seals have perished and the clearcoast is mostly stripped away, with rust spots peeking out on the edges of some of the sheet metal.

Try to keep it running, with no garage access; or convince her to start trying to somehow find a replacement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

mariooncrack posted:

Well...Can she afford a replacement car?

Hell no she can't afford a new car. She can barely afford the parts I'm currently putting into keeping this thing moving under its own power.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

KozmoNaut posted:

It's 28-30C in most of Denmark, with a UV index of 6.5 (highest ever recorded in Denmark is just over 7), humidity around 60.

I know that's probably peanuts to some of you, but as a typical cold-acclimated northerner, I am quite literally dying right now.

Yesterday was 98F (36.6C) with 88% humidity. Pretty much no wind all day. This is typical hot for this time of year in the area. A/C is a MUST.

• Locked thread