Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

the spyder posted:

It's 97 in Portland OR right now. It was 57 and raining last week. At least my FD has AC, too bad our old house does not.

Hell yeah! So glad our weather is back to good! Bent knuckle be damned, I topped up the charge on my car and now it blows icy fuckin cold, like I'm running my seat heaters cold. I love portland.

To answer question from previous month's thread: it's a b5.5 passat, the manual calls for a special tools to set camber and poo poo, and since I just got done replacing my subframe I figured I should have the dealer do it. That being said, since I used VW tool 3393 to install the subframe, they didn't need to adjust the camber :-/. When I swap my bent knuckle out I'm gonna set toe with the string method and see where I go. The dealer scratched the poo poo outta my freshly painted hood :grr:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

blk posted:

The Miata is becoming quite the fixer-upper. I need to:

Purchase new front bumper cover ($350) and have painted ($300)
Replace rear wheels to fix vibration at certain speeds (they apparently a little untrue and the tire guys balanced them the best they could, they're about 95% there) ($350)
Install the new fuel filler and vent hoses I got to try and fix the gas smell in the trunk ($125)
Replace the speedo cable to fix speedo shake ( :10bux: )
And now replace the AC compressor (haven't got a quote yet but I'm guessing $600)

That would put me into the car for a little over 6 grand. It'd be in great shape at that point, just not sure if it's worth it since I don't know how long I'll be keeping it - I want to move up to something else once I buy a house, hopefully in 1-2 years).

Sell me that mee-at-a for a dirty cheap price!

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Rhyno posted:

What the gently caress does that triangle mean?

loving Volkswagon.

loving Beetle.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VAG-COM-Dua...e_Tools&vxp=mtr

Scan, post results.

• Locked thread