Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump
Jan 19, 2006

Not even google maps or gmail login on the blackberry? Could be location is enabled in your computer browser?

I've got it disabled, so I don't get any data.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump
Jan 19, 2006

13 INCH DICK posted:

I found a working Acer Aspire One 160gb netbook and charger and some speakers in the dumpster last night.

Those are pretty tough ish. We have two at work, getting used outside in the rain all the time. One keyboard died after being used outside in the rain for over an hour, another got dropped completely underwater while switched on... fine aside from a few stains on the screen and a dead batter. Stole the battery from the one with a dead KB and it's still going two years later.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

thegasman2000 posted:

So my DD died. It was the cam pulley and probably the cam bearings, and not worth doing. So she will be scrapped tomorrow. I may have a deal on a 1994 Peugeot 106 Roland Garos special edition. Its got a great interior and the exterior is great apart from the lacquer peel. Its a puny 1.4l but cheap and actually pretty fun to drive, no power steering or brakes for me. I will contact the scrappy and see if he has anything else available though.

To be fair the 106 weighs about as much as a packet of fags so the 1.4 should move it decently. Surely the brakes are servo assisted though?

stump
Jan 19, 2006

thegasman2000 posted:

I am 12 miles from that car! Pewsey in wiltshire but I suspect that link says it's 12 miles from everyone.

Yup, I think your postcode is in the URL if you care about that sort of thing.

Edit: sounds like it has 12 months MOT. Can't really go wrong with any roadworthy, MOT'd car for that kind of money in my mind.

stump fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jul 21, 2014

stump
Jan 19, 2006

The free drive stuff isn't completely going away, it'll just be reduced content. Chris Harris's pistonheads article summed up pretty well why they can't do it for free anymore - the YT revenue levels are pretty shocking.

I do think it is maybe overpriced by about 50% but comparing it to Netflix isn't really fair when NF ha much bigger economies of scale. I think I'll probably subscribe for a month and see how it goes, I've always watched most of their videos, I usually don't bother with Leo Parente as I find him a bit grating, and I'm not that interested in what he covers.

• Locked thread