Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I loving love Insertion. Finally something different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

paperchaseguy posted:

Any advice on adapting to a new mouse? I had an old crappy mouse that died, now a wireless logitech. And I can't aim with it for poo poo.

Also the new operation maps suck.
Just deathmatch, really that simple. Just force yourself to adjust at the fastest rate possible.

AngryGuy
Sep 30, 2008

Vahakyla posted:

satan is that you

I feel like the concept is there but the execution just went horribly wrong.

AngryGuy fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jul 3, 2014

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
I nominate reserves casual for the chillguys mode. Let's fill this mode with chillguys please

Edit: Chill ladies should also be welcome but no gauruntees, dorks n all

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Vahakyla posted:

Objectively wrong. Castle is weird and probably should be more balanced especially at A but it's alright.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Vahakyla posted:

I'm right there with you, but it's almost not the same game. Extremely open, almost no reason to buy anything but sniper rifles and shotguns, and flashbangs/smokes/molotovs are all almost completely useless. Decoys, however, are incredibly overpowered in the fog. Nothing like camping the hostage rescue zone, chucking a decoy and watching the rescuer freak out as you shoot him in the back.

It seems like there could be some great strats for it once people figure it out, but knowing the CS community no one's going to put in the time.

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
Does take me back to the days when custom maps were doing new and weird poo poo all the time though. Miss that!

It's not a comp-ready map but it's a pretty decent time in casual to buy an AUG and go huntin'

ProfessionalNinja
Sep 26, 2004
I am the Professional Ninja
Insertion had the right idea, but the wrong execution. They definitely should have fixed the bugs out before letting it go live. Seriously it was like the map creator was thinking "Oh poo poo, if you are too close to this or that then you spawn inside of each other/stuck in the environment ... oh well, maybe nobody will notice!"

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Barehanded Brother posted:

I'm right there with you, but it's almost not the same game. Extremely open, almost no reason to buy anything but sniper rifles and shotguns, and flashbangs/smokes/molotovs are all almost completely useless. Decoys, however, are incredibly overpowered in the fog. Nothing like camping the hostage rescue zone, chucking a decoy and watching the rescuer freak out as you shoot him in the back.

It seems like there could be some great strats for it once people figure it out, but knowing the CS community no one's going to put in the time.

Some friends and myself played it a lot last night. We like to go full naval attack. 3 CTs spawn A with primary rifles/p90/shotgun. 1 CT spawns B with a sniper/aug playing a close ranged support and another with a sniper spawning at D with more ranged support.

Essentially, the two snipers work as a team spotting and killing any T's unlucky enough to be near a window/outside. Meanwhile the A guys stay in the water as far back as they can, crouching to make it hard to see them, they move to the boat house, then up the beach to Yellow house if needed. Once the capture team has a hostage, they make their way back to the water and pick the either go around to D side and take the dirt road or go B side and take the ridge/paved road to the hostage rescue zone. The Two snipers will be moving along their respective sides ahead of the capture team looking for any Ts that are near the capture zone or working their way there.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
After playing tonight and last night for the first time in months, I don't like any of the new maps and I'm a terrible player.

Edit: Though the tec-9 changes are awesome. They should keep them.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jul 3, 2014

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Vahakyla posted:

Discussion > Games > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - I loving love Insertion. Finally something different.

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

ProfessionalNinja posted:

Insertion had the right idea, but the wrong execution. They definitely should have fixed the bugs out before letting it go live. Seriously it was like the map creator was thinking "Oh poo poo, if you are too close to this or that then you spawn inside of each other/stuck in the environment ... oh well, maybe nobody will notice!"

Probably the map creator was thinking something more like "Hmm, sure hope this doesn't have any bugs I didn't notice!"

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Insertion is great for casual play (is there any other map that uses fog like that?) but I agree it's not good enough for competitive play yet.

borf
Apr 5, 2006

Unbound posted:

Some friends and myself played it a lot last night. We like to go full naval attack. 3 CTs spawn A with primary rifles/p90/shotgun. 1 CT spawns B with a sniper/aug playing a close ranged support and another with a sniper spawning at D with more ranged support.

I like your plan but where is the command to choose your spawn points?

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

borf posted:

I like your plan but where is the command to choose your spawn points?

At the start of each round, you walk into zones A B C or D, and a few seconds later you're teleported to that spawn.

It's annoying because you can't buy after that, so no more 1st round Mac10's

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
I was going to buy Rainbow Six: Siege but hell, now I have Insertion.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES
Rush is literally the worst CS:GO map ever made.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Honestly Overgrown, Castle, and maybe Oil Rig are the only maps I can tolerate in this new operation.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES

IronDoge posted:

Honestly Overgrown, Castle, and maybe Oil Rig are the only maps I can tolerate in this new operation.

Remember when I got the plant on Castle. Haha yeah... good times...

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

All these maps are Call of Duty as gently caress.

At least they're more of an excuse to bust out the Mag-7, as if I ever needed any more of an excuse. :madmax:

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=279499719

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Rush is literally the worst CS:GO map ever made.

This I can agree with. It's not even a good DM map; I can't imagine playing any objective-based anything on it.

I love Black Gold though, it's like a much shinier as_oilrig. Bring back the VIP valve :argh:

Jessie Tanner
Jan 18, 2013
I don't enjoy the new maps at all, they feel more like CoD than CS to me. They also murder my poor FPS.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Jessie Tanner posted:

I don't enjoy the new maps at all, they feel more like CoD than CS to me. They also murder my poor FPS.

That might be some bug more generally in the client, I got huge drops on inferno last night whenever I looked at anyone but Dust 2 and Nuke were the same as usual even in a deathmatch with 30 people.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Overgrown is pretty fun.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

That AK skin owns

e: infact I think it might be The Only Good AK.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Need this.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Noobs, dont be afraid to goonman.I did twice, was completely poo poo, but everyone there was really nice.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
Alexander Nehr
‏@crtmn
Just a quick info, there will be changes to the mappool of #ESLOne Cologne 2014 at gamescom. More soon #CSGO

Operation Breakout maps to ESL mappool confirmed.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

Alexander Nehr
‏@crtmn
Just a quick info, there will be changes to the mappool of #ESLOne Cologne 2014 at gamescom. More soon #CSGO

Operation Breakout maps to ESL mappool confirmed.

I think we all knew that Insertion had a certain professionally competitive feel to it.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

bpower posted:

Noobs, dont be afraid to goonman.I did twice, was completely poo poo, but everyone there was really nice.

As long as you haven't played CS for a thousand hours and still make the same day 1 mistakes, everyone will be pretty nice to you. :) Hope you stick around.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/06/25/w...name=0&ns_fee=0

This scrub thinks a lack of weapon skins indicates a smurf... when it actually indicates a pro who is also financially savvy irl

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Why do people care about smurf accounts? I guess it's aggregating to get stomped for one game, but It's an issue that resolves itself in about two weeks when they've won nearly all their matches and are moved into an appropriate level.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
I purposely keep my 5 year coin unequipped to have the satisfaction of people calling me a smurf or a hacker.

I also don't have any weapon skins because I prefer free games to cosmetic items in other games.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Texibus posted:

Why do people care about smurf accounts? I guess it's aggregating to get stomped for one game, but It's an issue that resolves itself in about two weeks when they've won nearly all their matches and are moved into an appropriate level.

Caring about wins and losses is dumb anyway. What matters is how many 360 shotgun kills you get.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Texibus posted:

I make sure I throw enough games to keep my smurf account at the level I want it, so I can stomp noobs forever.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Jesus christ, Black Gold. I love maps that look like rejected concepts for CoD:Blops DLC and have bullet proof catwalks everywhere. Great selection! :thumbsup:

Also removing the tree boost from B on inferno is proof gaben hates fun.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
How can you say this when flamenco music was just restored and the deagle/tec-9 was buffed

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
Stomping noobs is a good thing to do. If I don't stomp the noobs, how will they know that they are noobs who need to be stomped?

Plus I give out great advice like "shoot them in the head". And sometimes I lose, then they get to learn what NOT to do. Like don't follow your team with only a deagle shooting randomly at the wall every 5 seconds so the enemies know where your team is heading. And don't just follow your teammate and let them pick, then run away to a different teammate when they die.

So really I'm doing everyone a service by smurfing. I'm like a saint or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Word on the street is that Cobblestone and Overpass will be played at ESL One Cologne. :v:

• Locked thread