Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Bhodi posted:

I am absolutely not going to keep track of ability cooldowns beyond "I used it today."

Your cooldowns in 4e are “today” and “this encounter.” It’s much more elegant than that biased text pretends it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
With 7 people grab the Rules Cyclopedia and run that. Appoint an actual party caller. If anyone gives you poo poo it’s the version of D&D they play on Stranger Things.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

You don't need to in 5e.

Still you guys are coming off a bit too bitter about that 4e comment. Which from checking is a true statement. It's been confirmed for years that the 4e Team had MMO's on the mind during the design phase, Mearls was even talking about the 4e design team about a month ago. The Art and Arcana guys also interviewed a bunch of current former designers and artists for the game about the topics. I also don't view it as a negative statement.

Mearls repeatedly runs his mouth to poo poo on people he doesn’t like and make him come off better. He’s not an unbiased source.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

AlphaDog posted:

Probably I'd go 1st>4th>5th>2nd>3rd for how much I like the look of the books on the shelf. 1st was neat with plain colors and looks unique. 4th looked nice and matched, but a bit bland. 5th is kinda ugly but not bland and mostly matches. 2nd ed was somewhat mismatched fonts/placement/logos on somewhat ugly black gloss. 3rd looks like pls puut JrafFIC DEisNG iS MY PasShUN in nice font luyk Papprtpus.

I read this, laughed, looked over at the 3e books on my shelf and loving guffawed.

3e had pretty good graphic design, but the books definitely didn't match on the spines.