Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I wonder what they 10-year plan is. Are they even planning to release another version after this? Dropping the edition version from the name and saying that the whole point is to try and get all players on board makes it seem as if they want to create the edition to end all editions. In that case, what are they going to do, business wise, to keep making money out of it? Just licensing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Masterplan has great 4E integration, but if you ignore all the specific 4E bits (monster stats, mostly), it can be used for most other games.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I'd be down with natural language like that if they took it all the way to it's logical conclusion and have a sour drill sergeant explain hit points and a patronizing wizard explain spell casting.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I think I've said it before, but I believe that completely bullshit monsters like the Medusa who turns you to stone just by looking at her can have a place in D&D, however that place should not be between Manticore and Minotaur. If you have a monster that breaks the core mechanic of the HP exchange that defines combat, you can no longer just assign it a level or CR or whatever and call it a day. It needs to have some huge disclaimer like THIS MONSTER IS BULLSHIT AND WILL gently caress UP YOUR PARTY, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK or something.