Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

In regards to Eldritch Blast, do people consider that Repelling Blast can only be applied once per turn like with Grasp of Hadar/Lance of Lethargy? Per the books, the former doesn't make that distinction while the latter two do. To me logic would dictate that RB was probably "meant" to only apply once, given that the other two are very similar effects.

Basically what I'm looking for is someone to justify my greedy desire to be able to move poo poo all around the battlefield.

This interaction is why it's considered an absurdly powerful combo, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

Did they include anything about 3e being too much like Diablo 2? WotC even had official sourcebooks for Diablo classes, spells, and monsters.

Too much of a good thing is a good thing.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I'll have you know, The Gygax conceived D&D wholesale and was neither inspired by nor adapted mechanics from contemporary games.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Such a small change drastically improved everybodys D&D experience, and I wish it was an official optional rule.

It is.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

doctor 7 posted:

That isn't even a house rule. It's written in the rules that at a DMs discretion they may call for an ability to be made with a different modifier. Not saying this to be "haha I know this tid-bit fact," and be all smug. Genuinely I want more people to read that section and loosen up their tight rear end ability mod assholes.

Problem is you've got armchair grognards that insist that being tired to a chair having a big burly dude crack his knuckles and say "start talking or I start breaking fingers" still rides off charisma instead of pure physical intimidation.

Literally RAW:

PHB p. 175

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

MonsterEnvy posted:

I thought FactsAreUseless told us to stop edition warring in this thread.

He also told you to stop making GBS threads it up, but here we are.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Ettin posted:

I'd be fine with that if someone can whip up a decent effort OP.

Define decent: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3877675

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Angrymog posted:

A brief overview of each of the 1st party sourcebooks and adventures?

Done. What else?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3877675