Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Can I get an Uncle Remus from Disney's Song of the South to celebrate my sharecropper heritage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Fumaofthelake posted:

You should also be able to use Groot in the power disc minigames too... The tower defense and dungeon crawl. The only requirements are that they are Marvel figures.

It sounds like you may have a bum figure.

He's working. Dont know why he didnt work in the toybox initially but seems to be fine now.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

1.0 playsets won't work in 2.0 of PS4, probably not XBone either. They fully unlock a bunch of poo poo in the spark store, but that's it, no playing them. Were I to permit my son to say naughty things he'd probably say 'thanks a lot, assholes.'

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Good deal at Target right now if you want to get the 2.0 figures. They have a "buy two get one free" deal on each figure, which three figures costed $30 after tax. Managed to get Nick Fury, Groot, and Venom. Nick Fury was hard to find and Captain America was sold out...a ton of Hawkguy and Drax through.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

5er posted:

1.0 playsets won't work in 2.0 of PS4, probably not XBone either. They fully unlock a bunch of poo poo in the spark store, but that's it, no playing them. Were I to permit my son to say naughty things he'd probably say 'thanks a lot, assholes.'

My daughter was never interested in the playsets, she just wanted to play with the toybox. Thankfully, I don't have to explain to her about how lovely Disney marketing is on this matter at least. As long as she can continue to stun-lock me with Elsa's ice attacks while I ineffectually throw cherry bombs over her head she will be happy.

Do you need to spin for/unlock all the items in the 1.0 playsets first to get them to unlock in 2.0 or is it a "you have the little statue so have the whole lot in 2.0!" type thing?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Underwhelmed posted:

My daughter was never interested in the playsets, she just wanted to play with the toybox. Thankfully, I don't have to explain to her about how lovely Disney marketing is on this matter at least. As long as she can continue to stun-lock me with Elsa's ice attacks while I ineffectually throw cherry bombs over her head she will be happy.

Do you need to spin for/unlock all the items in the 1.0 playsets first to get them to unlock in 2.0 or is it a "you have the little statue so have the whole lot in 2.0!" type thing?

"Have a statue, here everything!". This includes the playsets, which just unlocks literally everything.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
I know that I should have expected this, but this heifer runs like a bucket of rear end on the Wii U. I'm glad that if I switch to a different platform someday all my physical-loadable content will carry over.

adreaminsound
Jun 22, 2004

Am I not the ravager, the devourer of worlds? Am I not Galactus!?!

The Jorts of Zeus posted:

I know that I should have expected this, but this heifer runs like a bucket of rear end on the Wii U. I'm glad that if I switch to a different platform someday all my physical-loadable content will carry over.

The load times are pretty rough but overall I haven't gotten too frustrated. I'm insane so I think I'll buy the digital release in November which should cut load times down very significantly. 1.0 took forever to load until the digital download came out. It runs pretty well now. There's also an acknowledged bug making figures take 30 seconds or a minute to load. They're in QA with a patch for that so hopefully that works well.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Underwhelmed posted:

There's a 1.0 section at the vendor, anything from the older playsets you link is wide open and ready to use.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
Man, Loki keeps handing me my rear end and I'm too lazy to go up and switch figs to pick up right away when I die...

:saddowns:

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
I feel bad double posting, but it's worth chiming in... The reviews are totally right that the Toy Box mode is fantastic and the actual playsets are ho-hum. The extent to which the toybox is awesome is worth mentioning though. There are so many cool options for ways to make your own fun. I'm working now on a Defense of the Disney -or- League of Figures map with creeps and everything. Do we want to set up some Disney ID sharing to share Toy Box stuff?

As far as I can tell, mine is INF7041882 and I can't figure out how to make it something rational.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

I feel bad double posting, but it's worth chiming in... The reviews are totally right that the Toy Box mode is fantastic and the actual playsets are ho-hum. The extent to which the toybox is awesome is worth mentioning though. There are so many cool options for ways to make your own fun. I'm working now on a Defense of the Disney -or- League of Figures map with creeps and everything. Do we want to set up some Disney ID sharing to share Toy Box stuff?

As far as I can tell, mine is INF7041882 and I can't figure out how to make it something rational.

You are Satan aren't you? Please do not get a new generation hooked on MOBAs. Please search your wilted withered heart, and deep down see what you are doing is wrong and stop before it is too late...

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

It takes like a week or so for Disney to approve a user name.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
The updated PC client is out. It even has a cool F2P staple: characters you can try for free for awhile. It runs pretty well on my 2011 laptop, too.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
Had a go on the Spiderman set tonight. I'm quite happy to report that it follows the First Rule Of Spiderman - namely, that web swinging must be awesome, and it is. Although it's possible to swing so high or so low you break the game engine (in one weird moment Spidey managed to become permanently no-clip)

Has anyone actually tried modding the game? The PC version seems to have a heck of a lot of Lua inside its asset cache. I was really hoping there would be some kind of open programming in Toybox at some point but I guess that's a bit much to ask from a kid level game.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
I've got some extra power discs if anyone wants to trade. I have two extra Nick Fury Missile Strikes, an extra Gamma Rays (Hulk Skin), an extra Iron Patriot (Team Up), I might have an extra Iron Fist skin, but I can't find it right now. I will trade for anything I don't have, and even something I do have if it gets these to someone who wants them. Any takers? If not does anyone know of any online communities that do this?

Edit: Don't know if anyone cares, but I found this: http://infinitrader.net/

Shawn fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Oct 19, 2014

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
How old does a kid need to be to get the gameplay? My kid is almost 4 and loses his poo poo every time we walk past the isle in target with all the figure but I don't wanna go down this money hole if he's not ready to actually play the game.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

davecrazy posted:

How old does a kid need to be to get the gameplay? My kid is almost 4 and loses his poo poo every time we walk past the isle in target with all the figure but I don't wanna go down this money hole if he's not ready to actually play the game.

4 should be fine. My son is 3 1/2 and does fine playing with both his older sisters and me.

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'll Sequence your Storm.

davecrazy posted:

4 is too young imo. The game is for the 8-12 demographic, and a few parts are actually kinda hard.

Edit: i guess i was thinking about playing alone. it would be fine if you were playing along.

baby puzzle fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Oct 19, 2014

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Yeah cold day in hell my son touches the ps4 unsupervised at his age. We'd be playing together.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Oct 19, 2014

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

vulturesrow posted:

4 should be fine. My son is 3 1/2 and does fine playing with both his older sisters and me.

This is going to be the gooniest good-looking thing I've ever posted...

My 3 and a half year old likes to play with me, but she hasn't really actually figured out how the sticks and all that work, despite my best efforts... Any thoughts on how to nerd this little girl up a little?
:goonsay:

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Let her go at her own pace honestly. She'll pick it up. And if games just turn out to not be her thing... be grateful.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
You're probably right #gamergate

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Yeah my son just kinda figured it out. Marvel Lego is what he started trying to figure out and he would just be playing along with one of my daughters. Some games obviously are easier than others for him but Infinity hasn't been too difficult for him. The missions hold his attention for a little while but he mostly just likes driving the different vehicles around and stuff like that.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

lol christ I wasn't even thinking of that. that is grim.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Good news everybody!

Quorra & Sam Flynn from Tron Legacy are the last two characters to come to Disney Infinity 2.0.

Bad news: Sam's visor is covered so he's indistinguishable from Tron.

Sam - http://youtu.be/sh6m6flaGoU
Quorra- http://youtu.be/yVl3mx8Bzvk

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Is it me, or is that a pathetic line up? I guess I should be happy, just means my misses has to spend less money to get the dinsey characters. :shrug:

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
So does that mean that the only playsets for 2.0 were the Marvel ones? That's disappointing.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Gann Jerrod posted:

So does that mean that the only playsets for 2.0 were the Marvel ones? That's disappointing.

Yep. Previous gen playsets on the PS4/XBone 2.0 versions will unlock some playset building junk. That's it.

Inkslinger
May 23, 2001

This seems like such a basic question that I must have missed where it's answered in the top of post of this thread, but:

Can I lend my entire Infinity setup, base, disc, and figures to a friend to play with, or is it all locked to my Xbox account and nothing but dead plastic to anyone else?

(And is the answer the same for both 1.0 and 2.0 stuff?)

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Inkslinger posted:

This seems like such a basic question that I must have missed where it's answered in the top of post of this thread, but:

Can I lend my entire Infinity setup, base, disc, and figures to a friend to play with, or is it all locked to my Xbox account and nothing but dead plastic to anyone else?

(And is the answer the same for both 1.0 and 2.0 stuff?)

You can loan them away just fine. What'll happen is, the person you loan them to can claim ownership of a figure and it'll start at lv1 for them. Then, when you get them back, the figures will remember your profile's levels and earnings when you claim them back. Basically, the figure will store separate profiles for you and the person that borrows them.

Inkslinger
May 23, 2001

5er posted:

You can loan them away just fine. What'll happen is, the person you loan them to can claim ownership of a figure and it'll start at lv1 for them. Then, when you get them back, the figures will remember your profile's levels and earnings when you claim them back. Basically, the figure will store separate profiles for you and the person that borrows them.

Fantastic. I have a friend who's about to get a big boxfull of fun...

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

5er posted:

Yep. Previous gen playsets on the PS4/XBone 2.0 versions will unlock some playset building junk. That's it.

There's no way. I'm sure there are more coming. Right?

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'll Sequence your Storm.
Nope.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Yeah, wow, that's kind of pathetic for missions and sorta lame for figs.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Dev time was only 1 year.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Would it be wrong to assume you're already working on next year's cycle of Disney Infinity mutata?
Kinda hoping for a Disneyland playset where you can use any Disney character in the replicated theme park.
Otherwise, we can still hope for Scrooge McDuck, right?

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
I guess things could be worse for it being an annual franchise, but it's extremely weird that it seems like it takes so much time to create story-based content or playsets considering almost everything is just a much more sophisticated toybox creation. And on the physical side, all they'd have to do is design one of those crystal things and find an existing character or two to package them with.

I mean, it's really strange that they have an Aladdin and forthcoming Jasmine figure, an entire toybox set of Aladdin-themed stuff, and they couldn't be bothered to whip a few levels together using what's already in the game.

I think it's mostly disappointing because after 2 games, we basically know that anything not part of the main game itself isn't going to be getting story content, so we already know if 3.0 is Star Wars stuff as has been hinted, we're gonna deal with another year of no general Disney playsets.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Are there any disney themed playset for 2.0 that I can use my disney characters in or am I stuck with toy box stuff? Seems all the disney playsets are for 1.0 and thus not compatible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adreaminsound
Jun 22, 2004

Am I not the ravager, the devourer of worlds? Am I not Galactus!?!
No, they only made the 3 Marvel playsets. With 1 year turn around time they said they didn't have time to make more sets. You have the toy box game discs with the random dungeon crawl and tower defense but that's it.

• Locked thread