Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Not that I mind, the toy box is where all the excitement is, but how are people leveling up their guys, can't really find a good online level suited for brand new characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

I think the cheapest route most folks are going for levelling characters, is in toybox mode to put some fans on the ground, put a character in a car, and then put the car in the air and do a bajillion tricks while its aloft. There are some youtube videos I saw a year or so ago that detail how to set stuff up.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Does anyone have any idea on how Infinity 2 is performing? In my country at least I saw quite a lot of buzz and disc trades when the first came out. But there is virtually none of that for Infinity 2. When I currently go and search for stuff we need on trading sites I see about the same amount of 1 as of 2. In addition I hardly see anything from Marvel. :confused: It makes me wonder.

adreaminsound
Jun 22, 2004

Am I not the ravager, the devourer of worlds? Am I not Galactus!?!
I'm pretty sure it sold well but people seem burned out on discs and so many different choices. I can't hardly sell my spare Marvel discs but still sell 1.0 ones pretty regularly.

As for leveling I do it in survival mode with a User Control and Mickey power disc to generate extra experience sparks. It's not a hack like the car fan thing in 1 but I enjoy it.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

adreaminsound posted:

I'm pretty sure it sold well but people seem burned out on discs and so many different choices. I can't hardly sell my spare Marvel discs but still sell 1.0 ones pretty regularly.

As for leveling I do it in survival mode with a User Control and Mickey power disc to generate extra experience sparks. It's not a hack like the car fan thing in 1 but I enjoy it.

The problem I think is a lack of core gameplay, you aren't really buying a game in the traditional sense. Compare it to a skylanders where your prices are interchangeable, here there is literally a dividing line between disney and marvel. I'm hoping in 3.0 they fix that by letting all characters be used in all game modes.

leonlai86
Feb 1, 2005

adreaminsound posted:

How many spare marvel discs do you have? I'm missing a lot for the full set and would like to complete it

adreaminsound
Jun 22, 2004

I have four different ones. Gamora's Space Armor, Falcon's Wings, Iron Fist costume, and Hydra's Motorcycle.

It's not as many as I thought but they haven't moved for a month.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
If you guys have money to waste, more characters are available to buy tomorrow! You can get Yondu, Green Goblin and Loki.

Princess Jasmine will be out the day before Valentine's.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Andrew_1985 posted:

Would it be wrong to assume you're already working on next year's cycle of Disney Infinity mutata?

I can neither confirm nor deny that the next one is most likely probably for sure being worked on.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

mutata posted:

I can neither confirm nor deny that the next one is most likely probably for sure being worked on.

What are some Disney/Marvel/Pixar things you'd personally like to create which would never actually make it into the game?

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
In lovely news, Sam Flynn & Quorra from Tron Legacy are Digital Only characters you can only buy and use on the iOS version of the Toybox. In March.

FFS.

Also, being a manchild with a heap of plastic DI toys, I'm missing Baymax, Stitch & Maleficent. Anyone know where I can buy one at a reasonable price? They seem to all be sold out in Australia.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Try Europe, we're drowning in the nuggets.

Anyone kind enough to send a power disc collection album overseas. We get power discs, but no way to store them.

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory
Basically the only reason I'm interested in this is the new Tron stuff because I am the most immense loving tron nerd you will ever meet. Why the gently caress are they iOS exclusive?! Let me throw frisbees at things on my desktop, dammit.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Nuclear Pogostick posted:

Basically the only reason I'm interested in this is the new Tron stuff because I am the most immense loving tron nerd you will ever meet. Why the gently caress are they iOS exclusive?! Let me throw frisbees at things on my desktop, dammit.

I would remain hopeful.

mutata fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Feb 14, 2015

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
So I finally got 2.0 and honestly I think it's a great improvement! I got Stitch, Cap, and the Avengers set. I'm really digging that they all play a little different. Though I think I've spent 70% of my time as Wreck-It Ralph. I also way prefer the shop system over the lotto.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Are there any playsets coming out or is the series mostly dead at this point?

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
No more playsets as far as I know

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Len posted:

Are there any playsets coming out or is the series mostly dead at this point?

no playsets, infinity 2.0 is pretty much done now.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

So this thing had a lifespan of like a couple of months, tops? That seems unusually weird and cash-in-y considering how much they dragged out the first series. Of course, this series came out less than a year later, so...

adreaminsound
Jun 22, 2004

All the Playsets for 2.0 are out. There are 2 more figures and maybe 2 more power discs coming out. Falcon team up and mrs marvel powers show up in the hall of heroes but aren't released yet.

They haven't announced 3.0 yet but teased it as Star Wars. They didn't do as many playsets because of the 1 year life cycle. I think they really wanted to make the toybox better and they mostly did that. I played an Aladdin box that was really good last night.

The big complaint I read from parents is that kids are disappointed that playsets are character locked. In a perfect world that wouldn't be the case but Disney rarely lets worlds cross over to protect their IPs I guess. The project lead talked about it on Twitter once long ago. That isn't to say they never but they won't on this I guess.

I think 2.0 burned people out with more discs, two different starters, no Disney playsets and fewer Disney characters. Hopefully they learn from 2 as much as they learned from 1. I really like the new toy box games and would like to see more variety in that stuff.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

adreaminsound posted:

All the Playsets for 2.0 are out. There are 2 more figures and maybe 2 more power discs coming out. Falcon team up and mrs marvel powers show up in the hall of heroes but aren't released yet.

They haven't announced 3.0 yet but teased it as Star Wars. They didn't do as many playsets because of the 1 year life cycle. I think they really wanted to make the toybox better and they mostly did that. I played an Aladdin box that was really good last night.

The big complaint I read from parents is that kids are disappointed that playsets are character locked. In a perfect world that wouldn't be the case but Disney rarely lets worlds cross over to protect their IPs I guess. The project lead talked about it on Twitter once long ago. That isn't to say they never but they won't on this I guess.

I think 2.0 burned people out with more discs, two different starters, no Disney playsets and fewer Disney characters. Hopefully they learn from 2 as much as they learned from 1. I really like the new toy box games and would like to see more variety in that stuff.

I think it was more the no crossover playset issue for me, all these great 2.0 disney characters and no playset to use them with.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Looking around, I can say that there have been a LOT of lessons learned from 2.0. Unfortunately, "crossover" playsets (ie, bringing Aladdin into the Avengers playset) is a decision that is made higher up, but the Toybox concept has made a lot of previously unacceptable things ok, so that's a thing.

These are just my personal observations though.

mutata fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Feb 20, 2015

adreaminsound
Jun 22, 2004

mutata posted:

Looking around, I can say that there have been a LOT of lessons learned from 2.0. Unfortunately, "crossover" playsets (ie, bringing Aladdin into the Avengers playset) is a decision that is made higher up, but the Toybox concept has made a lot of previously unacceptable things ok, so that's a thing.

Yeah I agree with this. It would be easy to patch to let them in but hard to make it fun. I assume we will get a Star Wars new movie set, a classic trilogy set, and maybe an Ultron or Disney based set.

On another note does anyone have spare gravity falls power discs to trade? I only need the two terrain discs and kitten fists to have a complete 2.0 set. I'm willing to trade multiple of my doubles for them.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I need to get my hands on a Kittens for Fists. :3:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I just want there to be a real game for Tinkerbell to be in. I'd buy her for my girlfriend if there actually was a point for it. The only character with a playset she likes right now is Groot.

adreaminsound
Jun 22, 2004

Tinker bell is playable in the brave and stitch toy box games and they had a tinker bell challenge for making toy boxes but that's not the same as a playset.

I've spent way more time outside the playsets than inside the playsets for both games so the toy box games are my favorite part.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Loki and Falcon were the final two Disney Infinity 2.0 figures released the other week. A fairly blah end to this year's iteration.

At least the weekly toyboxes they churn out are usually okay to play.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Holy crap, you guys.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

mutata posted:

Holy crap, you guys.

Assuming what I think this is, might it be a good idea to stay tuned this weekend, or might it be closer to/at E3 when we hear anything?

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

mutata posted:

Holy crap, you guys.

You can't leave us hanging with that!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Star Wars Celebration is going on right now, so. I think we can all guess what's coming.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Kelp Plankton posted:

Star Wars Celebration is going on right now, so. I think we can all guess what's coming.

Three star wars sets based on the death star run, Hoth, and the battle of endor? Because those are the only things we ever get for star wars games during the original trilogy. Fuckin' everyone but Yoda was on Hoth.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Len posted:

Three star wars sets based on the death star run, Hoth, and the battle of endor? Because those are the only things we ever get for star wars games during the original trilogy. Fuckin' everyone but Yoda was on Hoth.

Star Wars game jokes aside, if I had to guess, we're probably getting the base game with Original Trilogy stuff included, and then sets for the Prequel Trilogy, Clone Wars series, and The Force Awakens. Or maybe swap one of those out for a Star Wars Rebels set instead (Clone Wars could probably be folded into the prequel stuff).

Though I'm still hoping that Lego Dimensions being all crossover-friendly might encourage Infinity to go that direction in the future.

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Apr 17, 2015

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Space_Butler posted:

Assuming what I think this is, might it be a good idea to stay tuned this weekend, or might it be closer to/at E3 when we hear anything?

Eh, I don't think so.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
I thought we were getting not only Star Wars playsets but also new disney and marvel ones?

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
All 2.0 stuff is 40% off at Target if you use the cartwheel app.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
Looks like lego is tossing their hat in this ring, coming out with Dimensions later this year, which will combine dc comics, lego universe (movie, ninjago), and movie characters (wizard of oz, back to the future, lord of the rings). I think they took a hint from infinity and will have complete crossover from what I can tell.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Infinity Inquirer got a bunch of figure pictures from a chinese retailer of, presumably, some 3.0 Originals figures. The article has since been removed, so it's probably legit to some degree and the internet doesn't forget anything

Via Bleeding Cool

quote:

In a report that has now been taken down at behest of Disney, the InfinityInquierer (via VideoGamer) stated that classic Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Olaf from Frozen, Sam Flynn and Quorra from Tron: Legacy, Mulan and five characters from Pixar’s upcoming film Inside Out are all coming in toy form.

Glad the Tron stuff will get physical releases, if true. Not sure how the characters from Inside Out will fare in a combat game, but that just makes me more interested in how that film shakes out. Can't say I'm not disappointed that 5 figures are being set aside for that film, though, in addition to a Mickey variant, when there's still so many characters to come out (Translation: Give me a god damned Darkwing Duck and we're cool forever, Disney).

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Space_Butler posted:

Infinity Inquirer got a bunch of figure pictures from a chinese retailer of, presumably, some 3.0 Originals figures. The article has since been removed, so it's probably legit to some degree and the internet doesn't forget anything

Via Bleeding Cool

Glad the Tron stuff will get physical releases, if true. Not sure how the characters from Inside Out will fare in a combat game, but that just makes me more interested in how that film shakes out. Can't say I'm not disappointed that 5 figures are being set aside for that film, though, in addition to a Mickey variant, when there's still so many characters to come out (Translation: Give me a god damned Darkwing Duckand we're cool forever, Disney).

Only if it gets a playset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
So as far as I can tell, there's no way to get the Stitch and Merida Toxbox discs (like the Thor's tower defense thingy) without getting the starter kit? That kinda sucks big balls... I'm wrong, right? I must be wrong.

• Locked thread