Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

So as far as I can tell, there's no way to get the Stitch and Merida Toxbox discs (like the Thor's tower defense thingy) without getting the starter kit? That kinda sucks big balls... I'm wrong, right? I must be wrong.

I know Gamestop sells them at $20 for the two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

So as far as I can tell, there's no way to get the Stitch and Merida Toxbox discs (like the Thor's tower defense thingy) without getting the starter kit? That kinda sucks big balls... I'm wrong, right? I must be wrong.

You are probably wrong. W bought the toybox discs separate for only €6.

Len posted:

I know Gamestop sells them at $20 for the two.

Haha, Europe finally didn't get to overpay.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Darth TNT posted:

You are probably wrong. W bought the toybox discs separate for only €6.

Haha, Europe finally didn't get to overpay.

On the one hand I want to get them because then I could get the girlfriend Tinkerbell. But on the other that's $30ish to not even play a real game.

I'm not sure who decided that they needed to make figures and not give them a playset but I don't like that decision.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
So, yeah, the Android app is a piece of garbage. Boo.

I hate how lovely the Wii U version is. I have the PC version downloaded, but my daughter refuses to play with an Xbox controller instead of the gamepad.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Following the leak last week of the Star Wars starter set featuring Anakin and Ahsoka from Clone Wars, the first official info about Disney Infinity 3.0 has come out and... Jesus....

quote:

Disney Infinity 3.0 has been officially revealed, with the Star Wars/Avengers: Age of Ultron-themed game gracing the cover of this month's Game Informer. Star Wars' Disney Infinity set will launch for $65 this fall on PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, and on mobile on iOS, and Android, and will also feature Avengers: Age of Ultron characters.

This fall, a Force Awakens set will arrive for Infinity.

And info on new gameplay features/combat, the amount of talent involved sounds insane and awesome .

quote:

Devil May Cry developer Ninja Theory is working on lightsaber combat for Disney Infinity 3.0, which stars Jedi and Sith such as Yoda, Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and The Clone Wars/Rebels' Ahsoka Tano. Sleeping Dogs developer United Front is handling the Age of Ultron-themed stuff, including Ultron, Iron Man, and the Hulkbuster. When flying the Millennium Falcon, the credit for improved vehicle features goes to Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing developer Sumo Digital.

Finally, first info on the different Star Wars sets, taking place across the various time periods

quote:

Original Trilogy characters such as Princess Leia, Chewbacca, and Han Solo join Prequel Trilogy icons like General Grievous and Darth Maul. The debut set for Disney Infinity 3.0 is called Twilight of the Republic, which, according to GI, follows Anakin and Ahsoka as they fight to uncover who’s behind a freshly minted droid army," in a story set after Attack of the Clones. In the Rise Against the Empire set, "Luke and Leia tangle with Darth Vader and his forces through memorable sequences, including the battle of Yavin as well as time on Hoth and Tatooine."

The cover also shows Toybox characters mentioned from the leak, including Quorra, one of the Inside Out characters, and classic Mickey Mouse, so at this point I'm gonna assume the rest of that list was correct too.

tl;dr Star Wars, more Marvel, more Toybox. Our wallets are fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked

Edit: Infinity Inquirer has the full article from Game Informer, and apparently moving forward Power Discs will no longer be blind-bagged.

And the Game Informer reveal trailer is here, with some shots of the new figures: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnU4CTCa3Dc

Space_Butler fucked around with this message at 18:56 on May 5, 2015

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I wasn't interested in the least, however the confirmation of Stawars OT and the external guys like ninja theory working on it have me slightly interested again.

I wonder how power discs are going to work without blind packs, isn't that just going to cause scalpers to walk in and buy everything?

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

Darth TNT posted:

I wasn't interested in the least, however the confirmation of Stawars OT and the external guys like ninja theory working on it have me slightly interested again.

I wonder how power discs are going to work without blind packs, isn't that just going to cause scalpers to walk in and buy everything?
I think the crazy aftermarket for power discs is mostly due to the blindness. I mean, unless they truly make the rare discs in super low print numbers compared to everything else. I bet like with most video game accessories this was fueled by retailers not having enough space to keep stocking racks of discs from the various waves as once everyone gobbles them up shortly after launch, they just sit there. It's much easier to gauge demand for specific sku's.

Also they're apparently doing this already, Best Buy and Gamestop are selling the Marvel Rare Disc Pack which tells you right up front it contains the Falcon and Captain Marvel tokens. And that's only so rare as the print run they've given it, which seems quite ample from the amount I saw.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
I presume the comparability issues will remain as it did between 1.0 and 2.0?

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Thank god those discs are now changed.
Also, hoorah for more playsets.

I'll be interested to see if they do some disney original ones.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Space_Butler posted:

I think the crazy aftermarket for power discs is mostly due to the blindness. I mean, unless they truly make the rare discs in super low print numbers compared to everything else. I bet like with most video game accessories this was fueled by retailers not having enough space to keep stocking racks of discs from the various waves as once everyone gobbles them up shortly after launch, they just sit there. It's much easier to gauge demand for specific sku's.

Also they're apparently doing this already, Best Buy and Gamestop are selling the Marvel Rare Disc Pack which tells you right up front it contains the Falcon and Captain Marvel tokens. And that's only so rare as the print run they've given it, which seems quite ample from the amount I saw.

We cheated the hell out of those things. Ordered a bunch online, scanned them and sent the worthless ones back. The others we unpacked and put online. :shepface: I was actually expecting them to add some aluminum foil like Nintendo did to the Amiibos.
I just can't imagine them providing the exact same amount of every disc, it goes against the whole gotta collect them all.

Unrelated, but are the American stores also on the verge of exploding due to the sheer overstock of Disney infinity stuff?

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

Darth TNT posted:

Unrelated, but are the American stores also on the verge of exploding due to the sheer overstock of Disney infinity stuff?
Every other week the major retailers here have markdown sales on all Infinity 1.0 and 2.0 figures, so I'm gonna say so. The 1.0 stuff is finally beginning to disappear, it wouldn't shock me if by the end of the year the only reliable places to find 1.0 figures is Amazon or the Disney store. Because of the Marvel movies, I bet Disney is going to try and keep the 2.0 Marvel figures in production for a while, unless they're gonna do brand new molds/costumes of existing characters (not including completely different editions like the much bigger Hulkbuster Iron Man figure).

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

So today at work I spent a good couple hours in the Empire (original trilogy) playset and I can confirm that it is fun.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

mutata posted:

So today at work I spent a good couple hours in the Empire (original trilogy) playset and I can confirm that it is fun.

I want to hope that's a play set dedicated to being the Empire but in reality it's just Hoth: The Playset isn't it?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Len posted:

I want to hope that's a play set dedicated to being the Empire but in reality it's just Hoth: The Playset isn't it?

I don't dare say too much as I believe it's embargoed, but no, it's more than that. Empire is shorthand, it's actually called "Rise Against the Empire".

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

mutata posted:

Who's your favourite new character?

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
I don't know if you can speak to this or not, but will previous characters also benefit from the combat makeover? In love how they added skill trees for all of the 1.0 characters, but it seems like it would be a lot of work for Ninja Theory to go back and give new combos for characters like Sully who just had a shoulder charge.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

So I'm on the Inside Out playset so I've primarily been using them, and among them I like Disgust the most. I played Leia for a couple hours yesterday and she felt significantly badass, which was actually really fun to see.

To be honest, I haven't messed with any 1.0 characters! I'll try some out today and see if they have been beefed up any. I didn't play 2.0 much, though, so I may not be the best source on that.

I've just been living in Inside Out this whole time.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

mutata posted:

Can you comment on whether 1.0 and 2.0 characters will be allowed in the 3.0 playsets?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

I don't know if you can speak to this or not, but will previous characters also benefit from the combat makeover? In love how they added skill trees for all of the 1.0 characters, but it seems like it would be a lot of work for Ninja Theory to go back and give new combos for characters like Sully who just had a shoulder charge.

Yeah, the most disappointing thing for 1.0 characters in 2.0 is they're not as fleshed out in combat as the newer ones. I'm sure there'd be some really cool combos and attacks that Vanellope or Rapunzel could do if they were beefed up, but I don't really expect to see it.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

xxEightxx posted:

Can you comment on whether 1.0 and 2.0 characters will be allowed in the 3.0 playsets?

If you mean can you take characters into playsets that do not take place in that character's story universe, then no, that is still a core limitation of the franchise. I hear as much bemoaning of that limitation inside the offices as I do outside of it. :/

Edit: however, you will be able to take Star Wars characters into the other Star Wars playsets so you can play through the classic trilogy as Darth Maul or whatever.

mutata fucked around with this message at 17:01 on May 28, 2015

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

xxEightxx posted:

According to some interviews, at least some Marvel characters from 2.0 will be playable in the Marvel set in 3.0. I imagine they mean only ones that make sense for Age of Ultron, so pretty much just the Avengers that showed up in the film, but at least it speaks to the long-term viability of buying Marvel figures in the series.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I bought the xbox one starter kit and some figures for my daughter. She loves it. But now I am trying to set it up on our iPad and I assumed the characters would transfer over? I have gone to the Infinity site and linked my xbox to my disney account, but it still shows online that all the characters we purchased are locked when we go to IOS.

Did I miss a step? Or do the characters not transfer from device to device?

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
You have to enter the codes they come with in their packaging.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
It's strange to me that they don't incorporate the figures into the PC version. If I plug my WiiU base into a USB port, Windows recognizes it as a Disney Infinity base.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
So they've announced more Star Wars Characters now.

They're apparently from a new show, Star Wars Rebels, set 5 years or so before the original trilogy. I have never heard/seen this show before now!

Apparently they can be used in any Star Wars Playset, once you find their crossover coin, like all other Star Wars figures.

So to recap we have.....

Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Darth Maul & Asoka.
Leila, Luke, Han Solo, Darth Vader, Chewie
These 4

Marvel
Hulkbuster Iron Man
Ultron

Disney Originals
Sam Flynn, Quorra. Minnie & Micky. Inside Out Emotions. Mulan & Olaf from Frozen.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Andrew_1985 posted:

So they've announced more Star Wars Characters now.

They're apparently from a new show, Star Wars Rebels, set 5 years or so before the original trilogy. I have never heard/seen this show before now!

It's A Good Show

No Chopper though? :mad:

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
I bought a 2.0 Marvel start pack on Friday to see how my wife and I would like this, and I've created a monster. She's been glued to building houses and decorating a house and I was just old we're going out later to get more characters.

Although this is, admittedly, a very fun game.

But one question - When 3.0 comes out, will I have to get a new Infinity pad to stand the characters on? Sorry if this has been answered already.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Doronin posted:

I bought a 2.0 Marvel start pack on Friday to see how my wife and I would like this, and I've created a monster. She's been glued to building houses and decorating a house and I was just old we're going out later to get more characters.

Although this is, admittedly, a very fun game.

But one question - When 3.0 comes out, will I have to get a new Infinity pad to stand the characters on? Sorry if this has been answered already.

You won't need a new character portal thing, the same one works with all three games. They did a digital release of Infinity 2.0 I think that worked how you're wanting 2.0 -> 3.0 to work, though of course you don't get the pack-in figures or playset.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Kelp Plankton posted:

You won't need a new character portal thing, the same one works with all three games. They did a digital release of Infinity 2.0 I think that worked how you're wanting 2.0 -> 3.0 to work, though of course you don't get the pack-in figures or playset.

Good, as long as the pad works that's the main thing. Thanks for the input!

And the MyINterior thing is strangely addicting. I didn't think I would enjoy the world building aspects as much as I am. Although for some reason, my game gets stuck on any mission Scrooge gives me. Every task he gives me I either have to restart the game and re-do the same exact task 3 or 4 times until it takes.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
The Infinity team is hosting a poll of what future characters you want to see as Disney Original figures. Go there and vote for your favorites (aka Darkwing Duck. Or Mabel).

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

I voted Wall-E, but where the gently caress is Scrooge McDuck?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

I voted Wall-E, but where the gently caress is Scrooge McDuck?

I'm sure they have some inner-company data from all around the world that states what characters sell and which ones don't. It's why Donald already has a figure yet Goofy is still in the air for this version. Does Goofy merchandise just not sell on the same level as Donald and the rest of the Duck clan?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I'm sure they have some inner-company data from all around the world that states what characters sell and which ones don't. It's why Donald already has a figure yet Goofy is still in the air for this version. Does Goofy merchandise just not sell on the same level as Donald and the rest of the Duck clan?

Most things are focus tested and have data behind their decisions. Some things still sneak through based on other reasons, though, like misspoken promises or stuff like how the more members of a team that get in the game increases the likelihood of other members getting in, etc.

Edit: the strongest driver is if there's a film coming out for the property in the future.

mutata fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jul 25, 2015

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

They should do a darkwing duck movie

It's the right time for a superhero comedy

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

mutata posted:

Most things are focus tested and have data behind their decisions. Some things still sneak through based on other reasons, though, like misspoken promises or stuff like how the more members of a team that get in the game increases the likelihood of other members getting in, etc.

Edit: the strongest driver is if there's a film coming out for the property in the future.

I'm just really surprised that Robin Hood is doing relatively well.

Honestly, I'm really behind on picking up 2.0 figures, so I'm not exactly excited about any new ones, past the Star Wars ones.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Voted Captain Hook (totally futile) but Gizmoduck needs to happen.

Chernabog would be loving awesome, too.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Apparently they're going to announce 3 more characters next week. Any ideas?

They also alluded to AntMan being added a few weeks ago.

Also, new thread in a few weeks?

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
We knew Chewie/Han/Vader etc. were coming, but unless I missed it they haven't had product listings on retailer sites. Now they're up on Toys R Us with high res shots. I personally hope they make a Grievous figure. He's ridiculous, but his design from Tartakovsky's Clone Wars series would translate to the Infinity style.

Also, Mutata, I sent you an unsolicited PM because I am rude.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

theres a bunch of Disney Infinity stuff getting announced at D23 but I can't find it compiled anywhere to copy/paste here

so here's a Kingdom Hearts King Mickey costume for the new Mickey Mouse figure, which they handed out at D23

i guess more KH content to follow? not sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

Kelp Plankton posted:

i guess more KH content to follow? not sure

Keyblade is the ultimate unlock.

Off the top of my head some of the stuff they announced and showed:

Peter Pan figure (not from the fan vote, it's from some other weird thing)
Spot from The Good Dinosaur
Two characters from Zootopia
They showed the figures for Finn and Rey from The Force Awakens but I didn't see any pictures online of them
Marvel playset coming out next spring, but the Hulkbuster and Ultron are coming out in November
-All Marvel characters released so far will be usable in this playset
Alternate versions of the Star Wars figures with light up lightsabers
Tap a Disney World magic band with 3.0 and you unlock the statue of Walt and Mickey

I'm pretty sure there was other stuff, like I think they explained the gameplay/story for the Inside Out playset, but that's everything I distinctly remember.

E: Oh yeah and they said that the King Mickey disc is a D23 exclusive but there's no way they won't ever release that one to the public. Maybe they'll hang onto it until Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out or something.

MissileWaster fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Aug 17, 2015

• Locked thread