Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

fronz posted:

bottom left looks like bullshit and I doubt they ever said anything about the random side games but mostly that's canon lol

jesus, I always assumed that each cluster of Zelda games was just its own thing with similar names and motifs but not intended to be part of a continuity. Like OOT and MM are off on their own, Zelda I is off on its own, the Oracles are off on their own, etc. It's really stupid to try to create a perfect branching timeline of a million identical clonepeople doing similarish fetchquests for all of eternity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Video Viddy Games posted:

VIDEO VIDDY GAMES LEGEND OF ZELDA TRIP REPORT:

loving hell this game is awesome. no wonder ten year old me was so cut up about having it in his hands but never being able to play it. just did dungeon one! loving got me a bit of the triforce and a cool little boomerang thing. time to gently caress up other bitches. i wish i knew where i was walking. i just sort of ambled around before i found a dungeon.

make yourself a map

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Zelda 2 is much harder because it controls very poorly and link's sword is too small, op.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

LaTex Fetish posted:

I actually did the 8th dungeon in Link's Awakening before the 7th because the 7th was loving gay

I usually did the 8th dungeon first as a kid, because that game let you teleport through walls.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

jesus, I always assumed that each cluster of Zelda games was just its own thing with similar names and motifs but not intended to be part of a continuity. Like OOT and MM are off on their own, Zelda I is off on its own, the Oracles are off on their own, etc. It's really stupid to try to create a perfect branching timeline of a million identical clonepeople doing similarish fetchquests for all of eternity.
meh. thankfully it only ever factors into the games a couple of times, ganon in wind waker being the same character as the one in oot, link in majoras mask being the same link as in oot, etc

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
if I could find my grid paper notebook I would totally upload my notes from my last LoZ playthrough, complete with a (reasonably accurate) world map. unfortunately it seems I lost it in a move :v:

I can't ever lose my Philosophy 101 notes from 7 years ago with Majorly Sick Insights about Existentialism is a Humanism, but every god damned time I make a video game map it's gone within 2 months of beating the game

Valigarmanda
May 15, 2007

The frozen creature began emitting an eerie light...

quakster posted:

meh. thankfully it only ever factors into the games a couple of times, ganon in wind waker being the same character as the one in oot, link in majoras mask being the same link as in oot, etc

The Link from Oracle of Ages/Seasons is the same one as from Link's Awakening I think? I never played more than like ten minutes of those, I thought they were awful

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

theres a timeline sure but mostly this is whats going on, since its usually a different link / zelda / ganon in each set of games

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Valigarmanda posted:

The Link from Oracle of Ages/Seasons is the same one as from Link's Awakening I think? I never played more than like ten minutes of those, I thought they were awful

Please leave.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Valigarmanda posted:

You've owned your self harder than any of us could ever hope to, in forsaking the best of all Zelda games.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Valigarmanda posted:

they're good actually.

Valigarmanda
May 15, 2007

lesbian baphomet posted:

You've owned your self harder than any of us could ever hope to, in forsaking the best of all Zelda games.

I did have really lovely opinions as a teenager, I should probably try them again.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

the oracle games are 'okay'

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

the oracle games are the best handheld zeldas besides Link's Awakening, which is the all around strongest entry in the zelda franchise.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Valigarmanda posted:

man, what the gently caress.

i can forgive seasons and ages maybe if you're really gay or something, but link's awakening was loving good

Dec 26, 2012

lesbian baphomet posted:

Valigarmanda
May 15, 2007

lesbian baphomet posted:

the oracle games are the best handheld zeldas besides Link's Awakening, which is the all around strongest entry in the zelda franchise.

I completely agree re: Link's Awakening, it was the Oracle games I didn't like, I should go away until I learn to type better

Sorry for making you think I had bad taste :(

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Valigarmanda posted:

I completely agree re: Link's Awakening, it was the Oracle games I didn't like, I should go away until I learn to type better

i'm still watching you, scum

Dec 26, 2012

Valigarmanda posted:

you still have bad taste for disliking the oracle games. hope this helps

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

link's awakening

pros:
- really good difficulty curve and progression
- the most ownage bosses, inside some of the most ownage dungeons
- pick up rupees and items by touching them with the sword
- has mario, peach, shy guys, and use chain chomp as an allied partner
- some of the most powerful glitches in gaming for insane added replay value

cons:
- the best version is only in black and white

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

lesbian baphomet posted:

link's awakening

pros:

cons:

- ability to thieve
- ability to make everyone call you THIEF
- the best trade quest of all games

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

LaTex Fetish posted:

- ability to thieve
- ability to make everyone call you THIEF
- the best trade quest of all games

oh yeah that too

Dec 26, 2012

-the best boomerang in the series

Valigarmanda
May 15, 2007

lesbian baphomet posted:

link's awakening

pros:

cons:

-best music in the entire series
-boomerang is even more useful

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If Minish Cap got rid of all the poo poo that slows the game down, like the constant cutscenes and the stealth section, it would be the best handheld Zelda.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I don't know why Wind Waker and Minish Cap both had stealth sections but they're stupid and I hate them.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

If Minish Cap got rid of all the poo poo that slows the game down, like the constant cutscenes and the stealth section, it would be the best handheld Zelda.

Personally I didn't care for the collectible quest either, the puzzle pieces or whatever they were. Or the hatbird, he wasnt particularly good and talked way too much like all zelda sidekicks

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

zelda 1 and 2 and lttp and link's awakening and seasons

pros:
- made before they introduced an obligatory sidekick tutorial character to the zelda series

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Ages was better than Seasons.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
I find the npcs in these games annoying

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't know why Wind Waker and Minish Cap both had stealth sections but they're stupid and I hate them.

for some reason all the three d zeldas have dumbass stealth sections. Actually I think that Twilight Princess doesn't, but I could be wrong about that.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Ages and Seasons had stealth sections but they were fun imo.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
So how's that Zelda 1 going Video Viddy Games? Did you find any of the sword upgrades? Or the blue ring?

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

fronz posted:

Ages and Seasons had stealth sections but they were fun imo.

oh yeah, somehow those weren't bad. That must've been why I didn't remember them.

Dec 26, 2012

fronz posted:

Ages was better than Seasons.

i liked seasons' items better. especially the feather upgrade

think i liked the final boss better too but its been awhile

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

01011001 posted:

yeah, seasons had the better items, and the main gimmick (changing seasons) was way less annoying & more interesting than how ages did time travel

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I forget which one of them has the cool lava world with the hooded people, though. Perhaps it was both, or perhaps it was the greatest redeeming factor of Ages

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

01011001 posted:

seasons final boss was way cooler. but ages had the rod that makes blocks, and the area that you progressed through by playing minigames, and the cloud boss you kill with the block rod, and also you could travel through time, which is way cooler than changing the season.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

lesbian baphomet posted:

I forget which one of them has the cool lava world with the hooded people, though. Perhaps it was both

I think this one was seasons.

Subrosia iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Subrosia Owns.

• Locked thread