Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!

lord_daeloth posted:

Why am I so bad at sticking with one idea?

Because the creative process isn't necessarily linear. The fact that you explored an idea to the point where you began to have problems with it is more than a lot of people will do. If you learned something from that approach, you gained something.

Now write more because that sounds interesting! I'm going to have to try some of these out with my group. We never really gave 4E a good shake, so this might give me a chance to try it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!

Frankosity posted:

Okay, so this entry is basically feature-complete for the purposes of this contest, so I'm just going to go ahead and submit it before I spend another hour reformatting the powers :stare: The math has been a bit of a challenge to balance since the hack we've done has massively changed the attack/defence dynamic, but hopefully the test encounter included should be an appropriate level of challenge.

This is Captain Hats' XCOM-inspired entry; due to time constraints I jumped in to lend a hand getting the last features in place and putting some polish on this mofo. Please enjoy EREBUS, a tactical squad-based 4e hack with a hard-on for Greek mythology! (use the download link, it's a LOT easier to read as an actual PDF.) If there's any issues getting the file off Mediafire, I can PM it to you.

:stare:
Uh... Are you looking to playtest this? Because I can see about maybe doing a playtest session with a recorded actual play within the next month or so if you're interested. This looks fantastic!

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
I'm now getting errors trying to access Erebus, 'the file is invalid or has been deleted'.

Sucks because I was shooting the link to my group, and I only downloaded it to my home computer.

• Locked thread