Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Yo! NMD Raps - In the words of Lil Pump ...Esskeetit !

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/1046495010500182016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Just drop the album yeeze

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon
No Yandhi until the 13th is abolished.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

people out here foaming at the mouth over kanyes mouth drool ramblings meanwhile like 10 hours of good rap has dropped in the past few weeks that theres no way everyone has gone through completely

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

SaberToothedPie posted:

Just now listening to C5 and lil wayne going over special delivery was worth the price of admission

The way he flips xxplosive is so good

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence

40 lbs to freedom posted:

people out here foaming at the mouth over kanyes mouth drool ramblings meanwhile like 10 hours of good rap has dropped in the past few weeks that theres no way everyone has gone through completely

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Just lmao if you haven’t had Carter V on repeat since it dropped

It’s fine but nothing special, One of his weaker projects imo. I’ve heard his label rather then him picked what songs were on it which makes sense as it’s mostly “safe” pop/street raps. Worth checking out but it’s kind of a disappointment as someone that loves LB 1/2
vvv

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Sep 30, 2018

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
How’s the gates tape

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
he's running

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Issy posted:

If you think EUGENICS: THE MOVIE plot is clever, you aren't as smart as you think you are.

Issa joke and the movie really wasn't that good

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I listened to Carter V once and that's enough for me. Now, DROGAS WAVE and iridescence? That's the poo poo to keep coming back to.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I listened to Carter V once and that's enough for me. Now, DROGAS WAVE and iridescence? That's the poo poo to keep coming back to.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Sorry about ur (lack of) taste

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Sep 30, 2018

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

How’s the gates tape

Its very long, like the other Luca Brasi, its okay ive listened through it a few times but theres nothing really standing out. Its more like an album you can put on if you want some good average Kevin Gates in the background.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Yandhi coming out soon and then Yedolf not far behind, right?

Drogas wave was very good but it's no Carter V.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Good Dog posted:

Yandhi coming out soon and then Yedolf not far behind, right?
https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1046152419699187712

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Carter V is actually so good it’s hosed up

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

this is where i'm at. it's really loving good and wayne goes super hard

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I was kinda iffy on it at first because I’m not big on some of the features/hooks but drat he really raps his rear end off even on the tracks I’m meh on. The word play, flow, story telling :captainpop:

Revisited the Carter IV today to compare and V is easily better

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I feel like when I revisited IV a couple weeks ago, it had more tracks that immediately wowed me than V did. It's not like V didn't have any of those, but IV was a more consistent listen IMO. It helps that IV is almost half an hour shorter than V. V has more filler than IV.

e: Also, hahaha, I left Kanye's Spotify page up on my PC because I had it open last night to see if Yandhi was on there. It's still not on there, but guess what is! The freaky girl edit of I Love It! :cripes:

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Oct 1, 2018

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Tolkien minority posted:

I was kinda iffy on it at first because I’m not big on some of the features/hooks but drat he really raps his rear end off even on the tracks I’m meh on. The word play, flow, story telling :captainpop:

Revisited the Carter IV today to compare and V is easily better

So far I think I prefer IV but I listened to it a million times. Just so many tracks I loved, the beat on John is so good.

Also Lupe did this because he was bored:

https://twitter.com/LupeFiasco/status/1046599759048232961

Follows everyone in The Last Supper left to right.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAPhvNmzDHU

Nardwuar vs. Denzel Curry

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
2019: special counsel informs Trump of charges via Nardwuar interview

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
Wow that was a LOT of music to consume in a week

Gates
Logic
Wayne
Lupe

I'm real pleased with all the stuff - feels great to have Wayne and Lupe music available, both of these guys amazingly talented and their albums are fkn dope as hell, will get a lot of spins from me.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

September was a great month!

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Mona Lisa best song of 2018?

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Cobra Commander posted:

No, that goes to Let It All Work Out

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
milo is quitting, at least under the name milo, after his current tour

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Can't stop listening to Drogas and Carter V. It's especially great because they are such different projects but are both awesome.

Also, I am entering a beat battle that is going to be judged by Mathematics, the DJ/Producer from Wu-Tang. Are there any projects of his other than The Saga Continues that I should check out? Obviously not trying to jack his style for the battle but I think it helps knowing where the judge is coming from.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Tolkien minority posted:

No, that goes to Let It All Work Out
Best track to end 2018 in.

Carter V
GOTY

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

MrSargent posted:

Can't stop listening to Drogas and Carter V. It's especially great because they are such different projects but are both awesome.

Also, I am entering a beat battle that is going to be judged by Mathematics, the DJ/Producer from Wu-Tang. Are there any projects of his other than The Saga Continues that I should check out? Obviously not trying to jack his style for the battle but I think it helps knowing where the judge is coming from.

i mean like, all his wu tang loosies throughout the years probably?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Cobra Commander posted:

Mona Lisa's crazy but let's not forget If You Know You Know and like half the Black Panther soundtrack.

King's Dead, X, Opps, Big Shot, etc.

That thing's packed with hits.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
lets not forget drake, you are hiding a child, also.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

40 lbs to freedom posted:

i mean like, all his wu tang loosies throughout the years probably?

For sure, I was more curious if he had any other full projects that I should check out.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

temple posted:

lets not forget drake, you are hiding a child, also.
Holy poo poo, yeah. Story of Adidon wins the year.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Black panther soundtrack and drat both mediocre, best Kendrick verse that came out this year he recorded years ago

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

drake doesn't acknowledge his son because he's competition for the ladies

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

But yeah Mona Lisa with Kendrick doing Wayne's goblin flow is some muppet show poo poo

C5 2018

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Tolkien minority posted:

Black panther soundtrack and drat both mediocre, best Kendrick verse that came out this year he recorded years ago

Mediocre is not the word I would use to describe drat. I mean I get it if it wasn't your thing but man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

that crazy drake guy is right, it's twenty draketeen and song of the year is a dead heat between Nice for What and In My Feelings with everything else competing for a distant 3rd.