Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cardinale
Jul 11, 2016

I would just like to say thank you to rap for this kind of excellent entertainment <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Toxic Mental posted:

People saying Drake is done or should shut up, you're insane if you don't want to see Drake try to come back for the comedy it would create regardless

I'm saying he SHOULD shut up, I absolutely want him to make some abysmal attempt at a comeback to this

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

prayer group posted:

also the way he says "some poo poo is just cringeworthy, ain't even gotta be that deep i guess" is really funny. like he's just completely dogwalking him up and down about all this poo poo and then hey, by the way, here's something else that was bothering me, no reason

i was listening again and this line is so good. just underscores the pure venom on the track

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Now de badman finna drop I’m upset 2

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I’m Downright Cheesed

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Gosh Dangit: The Remixes

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Toxic Mental posted:

it's better than Drake's corny rear end song but there's still nothing as good as that Metro Booming make some drums line tbh

We don't wanna here you say nigga no more is significantly funnier.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Wanted to throw out a recommendation for The Vince Staples Show on Netflix - it's great, surreal, semi-autobiographical and yeah just a wild ride. Only five episodes of sub-thirty-minute episodes and I think it's a "limited series" so there's no more to come.
I watched the first three episodes back when it came out some months ago and decided to savor it so I uhhhhh forgot about the last two and just watched those, loved it.

also listened to the Drake diss again a few times today and goddamn still what a track, just brings me joy and some of those bars are literal lol worthy.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

quote:

Back to back I like that record
Imma get back to that for the record

IS HE SAYING BACK TO BACK WAS GHOST WRITTEN???

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 19:58 on May 1, 2024

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Isn't everything Drake makes?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

who cares

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Drake probably

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Drake is the executive producer of a show called Euphoria about troubled high schoolers

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Pretty sure it means he already has more, since Back To Back was released in quick succession with another track. "You better let this be the last word because I have pre-composed something nuclear" seems to be a standard threat in diss battles these days, and it's effectiveness is iffy since the response always has something that sends you back to the drawing board. Drake made the same threats ("the first one took me an hour or two, the next one will bring out the coward in you") and is now probably wishing he didn't, since he's committed to a response before ever hearing this and I have no idea how you return fire.

I'm just here for Drake getting roasted, but "headshot of the year, you better walk around like Daft Punk" made me guffaw.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 21:29 on May 1, 2024

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

I do what the gently caress this poo poo is fun. The gently caress

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i thought the back to back line is about drake offering money to people for dirt on meek and how thats lame. genius kendrick painted some impossible to understand word painting that forces people to just fill in what they hate about drake

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

40 lbs to freedom posted:

i thought the back to back line is about drake offering money to people for dirt on meek and how thats lame. genius kendrick painted some impossible to understand word painting that forces people to just fill in what they hate about drake

didnt even think about that. lol drat

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

im ngl i really do love the pacifier line but part of me wishes kendrick turned down the weirdo a level or two the 6 minutes of voices gets in the way of calling him a fake pedophile cringe loser

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

im ngl i really do love the pacifier line but part of me wishes kendrick turned down the weirdo a level or two the 6 minutes of voices gets in the way of calling him a fake pedophile cringe loser

Hard disagree, I love that he's clowning on Drake in as many lights possible. You really get that Kendrick hates Drake to put that much effort into it and you know what I get it

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Euphoria would not feel complete without Kendrick doing the meanest Canadian accent in the world at the end

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
only e-40 is enough of a fuckin baller to rap about khaleesi and then dave&busters one line later

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

The "you're not actually black" poo poo is so played out that even Drake himself is using "come on, call me light skinned". But he's still loud and proud about where he comes from, so the brutal takedown of the entire Toronto culture is definitely more bloody.

Whether you want to call Drake black or not is whatever and he's clearly over it, but one thing that is not in question is that when it comes to TO rappers, Drake has less ghetto credibility than Snow, the 'Informer' guy; because at least that guy grew up in the most hood area of Canada. Drake is from one of the city's wealthiest enclaves. Like pretending you represent Jane/Finch and Little Jamaica when you're actually from Forest Hill is weak already, but then carrying that flag while making GBS threads all over Compton is deathwish poo poo.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 01:59 on May 2, 2024

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Not one mention of DeGrassi in the diss track.

For shame, Kendrick.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Not one mention of DeGrassi in the diss track.

For shame, Kendrick.

Look up what happened to Teddy Pendergrass. Kendrick sampled him on that track

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

DC Murderverse posted:

Euphoria would not feel complete without Kendrick doing the meanest Canadian accent in the world at the end

that wasn't a canadian accent. that was a toronto mans accent and all of canada hates it

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
euphoria
noun
: Kendrick slams Drake's head into the side of a table for six minutes and change

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

There's a pretty lazy joke about ghost writers and Tupac AI somewhere and I'm sure Drake will make them in his next track

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Kendrick bringing back the war of 1812 in this motherfucker

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
KENDRICK JUST DROPPED AGAIN

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6gdClArPXc/

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
NEW KUNG FU KENNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Back to Back

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

that OVO all hands this morning gotta be miserable.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

THROW THE drat TOWEL.gif

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

6:16

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
poo poo like that is why I don’t believe Haley Joel Osteen was a mistake

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
getting bodied on a beat by Taylor Swift's main producer is diabolical

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

getting bodied on a beat by Taylor Swift's main producer is diabolical

I genuinely wonder if this beat was something that Drake planned on using that someone in his inner circle leaked to Kendrick.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
drake rn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJbuXLwzMaI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
oh my god kenny