Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

EDIT: I am relieved to find out that the youth has, indeed, heard of the Wu-Tang clan.

Rush_shirt fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jul 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

Let me tell you kids about an up-and-coming cat that goes by the name of West...

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

After this thread helped me realize that I'm a hip hop grandpa, I decided to check out what the youth was listening to nowadays. These are the artists I have found enjoyable.

Please either poo poo on these guys or offer me some recommendations like them:

- Doppelgangaz
- Armand Hammer (billy woods & Elucid)
- Black Milk
- Qwel & Maker
- Blu & Exile

Thanks fellas.

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

Hmm. Your avatar suggests that you are a "big idiot" and that your post was "bad." However, I am told that these days "bad" actually means "good," so I will have to take your word for it.

What about Childish Gambino, Shabazz Palaces, and Big K.R.I.T.?

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

Wezlar posted:

If you're into Black Milk check out his collab with Danny Brown (black and brown) and if you like that then Dannys album XXX is amazing, and his most recent album Old won a lot of end of the year praise last year despite being kind of meh on repeat listens imo. Old also sounds a lot more EDM.

I am not into Danny Brown, sorry!

Wezlar posted:

For KRIT I would start with his first two mixtapes KRIT Wuz Here and Return of Forever because I think they're still his strongest work. His debut album was pretty lackluster and his sound tally hasn't evolved much since then.

I got King Remembered in Time and like it. I'll check out those mix tapes.

Wezlar posted:

oh and 90% of people hate Childish Gambino in this thread but I don't mind 3005 or Heartbeat or his songs with Chance the Rapper (whose mixtape you should check out its called Acid Rap).

Temple will tell you that Because the Internet is a 5 mic masterpiece though

I am not into Chance. I like Camp. Because the Internet is growing on me, but Camp is the jam for me.

Harley C posted:

Your list suggests you like 'conscious' raps or whatever with wavy production, try out Mr. Muthafuckin Exquire and Run the Jewels.

I like the few tracks I've heard with Mr. Motherfucking on it. I'll check out more from him.

I love RtJ and anything Killer Mike/El-P related. You have me pegged.

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

I'm fine with Danny's voice. I actually liked his verse on 1Train. I'm just not a fan of his lyrics, particularly on XXX. Old was better in that regard, but I think I liked the production on XXX better.

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

That doesn't look or sound like the Lupe Fiasco I remember. When did he make this change?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

Budget Cop posted:

the unsubtle heavy handed lyrics, polarizing beat and awkward video are all there. sure looks and sounds like the lupe i know

He dropped off my map after his first album. Back then he rapped about skateboarding and Islam.