Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

This is a pretty good song, everyone looks so serious but every once in a while someone pops up with a goofy smile on their face...

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

GET MONEY posted:

cool video and the 40 seconds of rap in it is pretty good

new soulja boy is cool too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO44wj5ba9g

maybe the 40 seconds of rap is another song like LPFJ2 snippet in the middle of the multiply (I think?) video

I hope it is...

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

so loving future posted:

is ghostface suddenly relevant again or something?

he is trying to be

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

alansmithee posted:

And in this case, Planned Parenthood was founded by someone who believed in eugenics and wanted to eliminate blacks because they weren't fit for her idea of the gene pool or something. On top of other rumors/conspiracy theories that float around about PP, it's not really seen as some bastion of good in many parts of the black community.

cmon man really

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Marching Powder posted:

I had no idea PP was founded on eugenics. Sorry for the santorum thing,it's hosed up in that light.

it isnt

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

baram. posted:

that mick jenkins tape is floating around the internet already too. aoty 2015

name? I like the water[s], didn't know he had anything coming up

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

it's on npr for anyone curious http://www.npr.org/2015/08/12/431910529/first-listen-mick-jenkins-wave-s

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Wafflecop posted:

Did anyone else get Trick Dice (Nickelus F over new LUM/Shawn Kemp beats)? It was posted last page but got no love...

I'm really enjoying it, comes as a couple of 20min tracks (Side A and B, plus 2 songs and another two "sides" of instrumental) so havent got any particular songs to recc though. I've just been letting it run.

Much smoother and more accessible compared to Mista Thug and Nickelus fits well.

yeah I liked it a lot, wasn't a huge fan of the remixed Days Like This https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DtGUEwsb4s on Side B (I think?), but overall enjoyed it.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Gonna post this elsewhere once I find the proper thread but figured I'd ask my besties:

Looking to spend ≤ $400 on some headphones. Any recommendations?

What are you looking for in your headphones? Monitors? Lots of bass? Sound canceling? Open/closed? How big is your head?

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

HorseRenoir posted:

New Busdriver album is out https://busdriver-thumbs.bandcamp.com/album/thumbs-2

loving incredible so far, definitely AOTY material

AOTY seems like... a stretch

first couple songs I'm not a huge fan, really picks up at MUCH and the rest is pretty good. I like summertime 06 more at this point, but need to give it a few more listens

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Quantum of Phallus posted:

literally sketched on the back of napkin

that's a receipt

this is good stuff imo

Sweeper fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Dec 7, 2015

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

rear end Catchcum posted:

Jesus Christ, are you seriously trying to claim there's racism in the music industry?

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

spoils posted:

Nickelus F is underrated
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucaCqYMHJVU
No one cool cares about the grammys or racism

his tape with LUM was really good

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

BetterOffDead was such a quality mixtape.

Yeah it was, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfzRXseSBIM

Good stuff all over it

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

40 lbs to freedom posted:

not super cool person to google at work fyi

yeah woops

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
am I the only one not in love with TLOP here? There are like 4 or 5 really good songs (ULB and Famous are great, FSMH 1/2 are also great), a few okay, and a bunch of forgettable stuff. what the gently caress is facts? why would you put that on an album

Waves is also really good... the album just feels like it has some great songs, some filler and then just poo poo. All in all, albums feels rush (how??) and just thrown out there

Sweeper fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Feb 16, 2016

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

TheFallenEvincar posted:

I still like TLOP but I've mostly just moved back to bumping I'm Up all the time again
Cmon SS3

I've been playing TLOP and I'm Up a lot lately. TLOP has an annoying stretch of four songs right in the middle where all but 1 are skippable (low lights -> i love kanye, highlights is good), so I find myself playing I'm Up more

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Yuzenn posted:

Yeah TLOP has the distinction of having the most amazing four song stretch followed by the worst four song stretch but then regains its steam before the end.

My only wish is that All Day was slipped in before or after Famous, I probably would have slapped somebody after that much excitement on first listen....

Waves -> Wolves is also great, it is great songs with poo poo in the middle

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

DonnieBravo posted:

Yeah new Flatbush bumps, new Denzel deepens the mystique, then I put on I'm Up and just smile the whole time.

I'm loving the new flatbush, not as good as BetterOffDEAD, but still good. It is way better than the underachievers album, that was a disappointment

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

abraham linksys posted:

yeah sure, flying solo myself

also I feel like "meeting Young Thug" would be an incredibly surreal life experience so yeah maybe get the VIP package

I feel like he would just blow it off

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Wow this song is great, way better than his last single

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Marching Powder posted:

i've been away from civilisation since just after pablo released and finally got access to some good internet (briefly). can someone give me a quick rundown of the good tapes worth listening to since just post pablo?

The new edition of tlop

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Robert Analog posted:

I'm still really digging Flatbush Zombies 3001, Royce's Trust the Shooter, Denzel Curry's Imperial, and Elzhi's Lead Poison. Those 4 are getting all the play right now.

SS3 is pretty good, not my favorite thug though.

unrelated https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVEgWw55sbc

The last song on the new Flatbush is so loving bad

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Robert Analog posted:

After they're done rapping and all the people start talking and gently caress it up yeah, I like the song though. I just changed when the song ends on iTunes.

Yeah I usually have it on in the background and get agitated that I have to get off my fat rear end and click next

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Robert Analog posted:

Rap thread always friendly and welcoming

rap thread is actually pretty welcoming if you aren't a thin skinned baby, but it also the easiest thread to rile up on the forums

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

power botton posted:

Currensy has made a great song. the AC/DC of rap.

Currensy is great, he has many excellent songs

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

This was great.

http://www.npr.org/2016/05/03/476641863/first-listen-oddisee-the-odd-tape

I'm five minutes into this album, and so far I'm really enjoying it. Feels like a 90s New York version of Nujabes

I'm really enjoying this tape thanks for posting, I'll have to check out his other stuff

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Her account was suspended

Career is over now

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
I think 2chainz has my favorite verse on coloring book (no problem). i cant explain why i like it, but it grabs me every time

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

bows1 posted:

I don't know why it never clicked for me before but I just got this line. It geeked me out

Yo it's got to be cause I'm seasoned Haters give me them salty looks, Lawry's

Lawrys is the best seasoning salt, glad it is getting the respect it deserves

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

sleppy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAtxec5-Jg4

Third installment of Earl's radio show finally mirrored. His mixing sucks but he has such good taste.

Yeah his mixing leaves a lot to be desired, hopefully he gets better since the music he plays is great

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

I'll believe it when I see it

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
with that captain murphy track posted a bit ago, I went back to listen to Duality and it still rules. Anyone have anything similar? It feels similar to LUM in some respects which I also listen to a lot

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

alansmithee posted:

Sparkmaster Tape has a kinda similar sound.

Yeah I like his first two tapes, but the last two were... not as good. His latest was a big disappointment

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

I thought he was done as LUM and was now Shawn kemp and doing secret circle or whatever the gently caress

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

cryme posted:

he released a record as bedwetter this year

Forgot about that, it was pretty good... but dark at points

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
not sure if this was posted here, I haven't seen it recently, but earl sweatshirt x knxwledge have a stream on redbull radio which is pretty good: https://www.redbullradio.com/channels/stay-inside-earl-knxwledge

they recently (idk when) added streaming of the archive, but you can't pick the actual episode. I like, they play good music, the early episodes are a bit rough as they work out how to not be so annoying as hosts. I used to catch StreetSounds on kexp when I live in Seattle (http://kexp.org/programs/StreetSounds), which is... okay most of the time

Any streams/shows people listen to regularly?

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Good Will Hrunting posted:

that's fair, i pretty much only see it used by annoying white people on facebook/white bros i work with in a super condescending way (the same coworkers who jack off lil dicky)

Where do you work, I need to avoid supporting companies with lil dicky fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Why do people (even non white people!!!) like dicky

He isn't funny and he doesn't have anything to say

Idiots exist everywhere