Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
drat you guys werent lying about that lil wayne song holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

im so loving HYPE for this album

also i voted LOL sorry i meant Trashy!

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Oct 13, 2014

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
So loving excited about seeing run the jewels tomorrow.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
If run the jewels are playing in your area definitely go see them. Because holy gently caress that show went hard

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
RTJ 2 is godlike yep yep yep. I want them to play more of this stuff live! They only played the released singles when they came to Austin and maybe one other song from RTJ2 but I'm not sure I was pretty hosed up.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

I AM BRAWW posted:

The only good thing from the Shady XV album tracklist:

12) Eminem, Royce Da 5'9", Big Sean, Danny Brown, Dej Loaf & Trick Trick - Detroit vs. Everybody

I am actually down for this.

E: wait just saw big sean. color me not as down but still a bit down for that danny verse

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Young thug loving owns.

Except for that one time I saw him he was late to his set and only played like 3 songs but it was still good.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

temple posted:

He's broadcasting it on social media. He owes his fans the truth. They are supporting him in whatever means. When he posts pictures wearing dresses, people are going to ask questions. For Thug to deflect makes him seem like a bullshit rear end person and holds ulterior motives. I think a lot of people would sour on him while some might praise him. But there is nothing to praise when he won't stand for something. He's playing it both ways like how Nicki Minaj played gay when she first came out (and people called her out for it). Don't treat people like fools. Ask Mr. Cee, be free.

Who cares

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Young Thug doesn't represent all black people. He can dress and do whatever he likes I don't really care, that is just on him. And no you still have a private life if you post poo poo on instagram what the gently caress is wrong with you.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

temple posted:

When people asked Cam why he wore pink, he answered. He didn't deflect or make some 3rd wave post modern deconstruction of gender roles. He thought the poo poo was fly. He started a movement. When Kanye wore kilts, he answered. He thought it was fly. He's different. He does dope poo poo. I like those guys.

Why do you have to answer again? Who cares just let the man rock whatever the gently caress he wants.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

thathonkey posted:

unrelated... lol just saw p4k gave rtj2 a 9.0 :cmon: it is good but not that good. btw I saw them the other night. i couldn't tell if they were good or not because the sound at the venue is so loving terrible i dont know why it is still open or why i even bother going to shows there anymore. seemed hype though. all i could really hear was noise though.

You were at a rtj show and weren't in the pit smh

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Saw Nas play all of Illmatic last night. It was loving awesome, gonna see Gibbs and Madlib today.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Gibbs and Madlib yesterday was a pretty good and weird set. Madlib didn't really do much it was more Gibbs (over no beat, and madlib trying to catch up with some scratches sometimes). The ending was a bit of a letdown but I was happy I saw it.

Flying Lotus later that night was incredible though and he busted out a bunch of captain murphy stuff. Good poo poo

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Gregor Samsa posted:

When I saw 'em Madlib did a DJ set of about 40 minutes or so before Gibbs came out, but then once Gibbs was out it was more or less like you describe. Lots of acapella, with Madlib cutting the beat halfway through the song and Gibbs just finishing the verse and moving on. He did do some stuff off BFK though, which was awesome.

Yeah like they would end a song, and Gibbs would launch into another one immediately over acapella. He would even ask madlib sometimes what he wanted to play but those were cut short too.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

ruddiger posted:

That Thriller one is loving sick.

Went and saw RTJ2 at the echoplex last night, poo poo was raw as hell, both gangsta boo and zack de la rocha showed up to drop their verses too, poo poo was awesome.

drat thats legit as gently caress.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

temple posted:

You are a contrarian. Migos is different optimistic music? You don't say? I haven't heard it but I have no reason to believe that from their past music. Migos is pop rap. Every rapper sounds like them. You are just dumb contrary opinions.

If an rapper gets popular without making gangsta killa music, then they become corny. I shouldn't have to mention the countless blogs, reviews, youtubes rushing to criticize Kendrick's new single. About as many people like Chance as hate him. How you fail to mention that is pretty funny.

I think I piss you and other people off because you, yes you, have opinions that fit in a box and you are basically an unaware hipster. But people are going to deny that hipsters exist because most music fans in 20__ fit the description of a hipster on most levels. If chance or childish or kendrick stayed small, people would be championing them. But when they get popular, then they become "uneven, disappointing, problematic". I can write your posts and most music reviews before they come out. This isn't unique to rap, rock has went through this as well. Video games suffer from the same level of uninspired writing as well. Good music is music you like and everything else is bad or at best "middling". I read that and the other 3 words in just about every music review and you sound pretty much identical to them.

Macklemore is a good rapper and makes cool music. He's white, smiles, made a song about gay people, and doesn't talk about drugs a bunch, Ergo, he's corny. He is an easy target, much like childish who is the same but black. You and most others can't help but fall for that bait every time and show how much you are influenced by image and marketing as the average person. Like I said above, that's probably why it pisses you off when people look past the obvious criticisms and talk about the actual music. Your criticism is directed more of the people that like <insert popular artist> than of the music. Hipsterism.

El p is white and makes good music and is a much better rapper than Macklemore. Macklemore is lame and corny as poo poo. The only people who love him are people who say they hate rap music.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Anaranjado posted:

Who's excited for that new J Cole tho???

Best nap I'll ever have.

NO SINGLES

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

the new Jaden Smith tape is up on DatPiff and it's...pretty good for someone sooo young. Production is great.

You can also get it on his app. THE JADEN EXPERIENCE

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Yuzenn posted:

Killer Mike Mixtape: http://rapradar.com/2014/11/23/new-mixtape-killer-mike-sunday-morning-massacres/

Whoo Kid Shady Classics Mixtape : http://rapradar.com/2014/11/22/new-mixtape-eminem-dj-whoo-kid-shady-classics/

Realized that ShadyXV popped up on my itunes today and ZZZZZZZ. Disc 2 was fun with some throwbacks that I love but I probably should have stuck to just redownloading those individual songs and listening to just Detroit VS Everybody and Y'all Ready Know

At least PRhyme is coming out soon (and J Cole, but without a single god knows how thats going to turn out)

Side note: Beyonce 7/11 video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4YRWT_Aldo She is goddamn killing the game and its all so drat catchy and fun. The video is equal parts enthralling and distracting and I'm digging it.

Holy poo poo at the comments on that video lol.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

goodog posted:

So Nas is coming to my city to perform The Illmatic in full. Every instinct is telling me that it's a cynical way to gouge big money off backpackers and the entry-level crowd, but what are the odds that this is actually worth paying $100 for?

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/nas-...01&minorcatid=3

I saw him do it at Fun Fun Fun Fest and it was awesome. But I don't know if I would pay 100 only for that.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
RTJ2 definitely top 1 album for me. I don't know what else I've listened to that I really liked as much as rtj2 off the top of my head.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Yuzenn posted:

#1 Hot Nigga
#2 Hot Nigga
#3 Hot Nigga
#4 Hot Nigga
#5 Hot Nigga

If someone tells you that anything happened about a week ago and you don't throw your hat in the air and schmoney dance I don't even know what the gently caress to tell you....

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Lol that beat goes hard.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Yuzenn posted:

HOT

NIGGA

jungle beats.....

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
J. Cole is a boring rapper and he let nas down.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

awwww yeezy

this is pretty good!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I think he does some backing vocals but yeah. The songs are fine, I guess. Some people I know are saying that Kanye and Rihanna have saved country music with that song and I have no idea what the gently caress they are on about.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

dethkon posted:

Welp you got me there- the man does have an impressive jawline, especially for having it all broke to poo poo.

also stop slut shaming me you patriarchs.

edit-

"People" as in more than one person? thats the dumbest thing ive heard all day. saved it from what, being one of the most popular genres in music? plus if any rapper "saved country music" it's Nelly. And Kid Rock, lol.

This is late as gently caress since I forgot to reply but yes I think there was even a buzzfeed about this poo poo I'm not even kidding.

Here it is http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/dear-rihanna-thank-you-for-saving-country-music?s=mobile

:downs:

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Feb 12, 2015

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

I AM BRAWW posted:

Y'all think Theophilus London worth going see thursday for 30$?

gently caress no

i saw him for free and he was poo poo.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Sneaky Fast posted:

Seriously? I would not have expected that. What's the best live hip hop show you've seen?

RTJ at this really small venue sometime right before rtj2 released like at the start of their tour. That poo poo was something else it was incredible. But I also really enjoyed Danny brown, Flatbush zombies, and Nas.

E: to elaborate on London, he played the same song like three times through out show because he didn't give a gently caress or some poo poo like that, he had a live band but it all just sounded terrible. The crowd was so bored and getting irritated and people were relieved by the time he left. This was during sxsw and the next act was young thug who was 20 minutes late and only played 3-4 songs very short set and it was still better than London. Dude loving sucks live

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Feb 21, 2015

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
New heems is pretty good

http://youtu.be/DK75KPD4GEs

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
All your fault on dark sky paradise is so loving good.

Can't believe I'm liking big sean in 2015.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeezus is the best album of all time.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'm actually crying listening to heem's new album.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah if you're near Austin you owe it to yourself to hit up sxsw. I've done it for 4 years straight (took a break this year and went traveling instead) and its loving awesome. I still remember waiting for Lil b's set to go down and then loving p diddy randomly showing up to introduce him and do his own set. loving amazing.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

air- posted:

Pretty much knew Rae Sremmurd would show up at the minimum, and everything else was a nice bonus. Honestly I was surprised that I liked hearing Miley do Nicki's lines on Throw Some Mo'

Sounds like you're a local or you live nearby? The city treated the preparations way differently after everything that happened last year... the Doritos stage/Lady Gaga, the accident with the drunk driver, stuff like that combined into a wakeup call: stricter and fewer event permits, numerous highway exits in the downtown area were closed with more street barricades to improve walkability, and getting a wristband by walk-up required a badgeholder to buy it for you. The wristband even carried some power past evening showcases this year since some day parties let you have expedited entry with a wristband. Of course, the event as a whole still had ads/branding/marketing plastered all over the place, but it was nice that the vibe felt dialed back towards getting people exposed to new talent versus big names typically seen on a festival bill, which is.. you know, the whole point. Here's another good big picture summary.

Yeah I'm a local and the only reason I didn't go was because I had the opportunity to go to Japan last week so I took it. Last year was probably the worst sxsw I've been to and decided that I needed to do something different is all (and yeah it was a poo poo show). I'm glad the Doritos poo poo is gone but then this year McDonald's tried to have a showcase AND a food truck loving disgusting. But either way I always have fun at sxsw, and always been able to get into the good poo poo without a wristband.

We'll see maybe next year I'll do it! I was jealous as gently caress when my friends sent me pics at the RTJ show or the tpain show (he played 42 songs).

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Previous Jesus posted:

Anyone here seen Del the Funky Homosapien live? He's playing a free concert at my school this weekend. I've only listened to the new Deltron album and the Gorillaz songs he's on I think.

Yes he is good live.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Lil Wayne is no longer good

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Lmao at Drake's face hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

spoils posted:

little disappointing there is no Earl/Tyler song on either of their albums. Assmilk is a cool song

Tyler had an interview that none of them really do stuff together because everyone is trying to do their own thing. Also I watched his performance at coachella and I didn't recognize almost any song, guess it was all from wolf and I skipped that album.