Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

unclenutzzy posted:

y'all listen to A Better Tomorrow yet? i'm 3 tracks in and i love it so far, but i'm a wu stan so i knew that would happen.

RZA is so loving gay though, he thinks everything he says is so cool when it is actually eye-rollingly stupid

I like A Better Tomorrow I don't love it though. Ruckus in B Minor is the best track by far and on par with some of the stuff from 36 Chambers in my opinion. Rest of the albums fine, main problem is that Wu Tang isn't as hungry as they were on 36 Chambers and their earlier stuff its much safer.

Also there's a new video from Freeway and Girl Talks EP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCylqr2dXXw I like this track so much more then Tolerated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Viginti posted:

I don't know if inaccessible is the right word, it's just not shuffle-able, or play the hits-able. All you have to do to access it is play it like an actual record, from the first track to the last. If that's too hard for some people, then they don't deserve this music anyway.

faaaaaaaaart, music is not some loving gated club. Everyone deserves it

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

abraham linksys posted:

I hope Trap Queen sweeps that poo poo because I wanna see Fetty accept an award. also what the gently caress does this category even mean

Performance is a performance category song is a purely songwriting category.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

sleppy posted:

https://youtu.be/F2r-8fd1jVE

Injury Reserve is probably my favorite release today.

It’s my current album of the year koruma and lime, gtfu, Jailbreak the Tesla all are loving amazing.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Mickolution posted:

He's since deleted it, unfortunately:

King Push remains undefeated

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Bill Simmons is executive producing all these so take for that what you will.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Rageaholic posted:

RTJ currently killing it on the Coachella stream

Yeah it’s making me real mad their tour got delayed again

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

skipmyseashells posted:

try the first album, run the jewels

Honestly I think RTJ 2 is better. RTJ 1 sorta sags in the back half with the exception of A Christmas loving Miracle. RTJ 2 is just bangers all over the place and theres a hint of the politics and heart felt stuff that will really come around in RTJ 3 and 4

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Goddamn 120 bucks for upper deck tickets for Kendrick Lamar in Denver. Almost certainly this is his only tour for Mr. Morale.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

The REAL Goobusters posted:

This was so hard to get

How much were floor seats?

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

The REAL Goobusters posted:

loving way too much: $189.00 each before fees

it was 100 before fees for bottom of upper bowl in Denver this suuuuuucks.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

always hated those loving freaks.

I am ashamed to admit I did go see them live about 5 years ago before a lot of the stuff about them reached the US media at large. They suuuuucked.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Going to see Kendrick tonight, I'm up in the rafters of the arena but I super don't care. drat Tour was awesome and this should be good too.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

So you didn't need to hear this from me but the Kendrick Lamar show kicked rear end. I wasn't sure how the Mr. Morale songs would translate to a live setting but he made it work. He peppered in a bunch of high energy back catalog stuff to raise the energy when needed, the title track was incredible live. The stark stagecraft did a good job of keeping the focus on Kendrick and he did a great job using silence.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cl1P7eWrdt1/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D 2023 Death Grips Tour just got announced. Wonder how long its gonna take for this one to fall through. But Denver is the 4th date so that might actually happen.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I haven't seen them in person, do they generally do their more groovy stuff like Hacker or Death Grips is Online or noisy bullshit like You might think he loves you...?

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I usually get a bunch of presale codes in my inbox but got nothing for DG god its gonna be so expensive on seatgeek.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I heard that Kanye is going out on a world tour and it just makes me sad. I’ve never seen him in person, he was a fundamental part of my love of hip hop during the Graduation era and I can’t with what he’s become.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

don't worry, he won't be going on tour

Well yeah probably or it’ll get cancelled the main point remains.