Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
Drake's really just out here posting hentai screencaps on his IG stories to plug his project with 21 Savage, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
The new Brockhampton record is a great Kevin Abstract project - very emotionally raw, top notch production and mastering. It's not particularly a Brockhampton record other than the meta of it being Kevin talking about Brockhampton. However, if it got them all clear of their label deals and free to do solo work, I'm looking forward to it, and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna listen to it some more soon.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
I guess The Family was just an appetizer: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGKsG70lPqe0VEG4lA_pdBmE5uivEDlaf

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
Well, drat:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/kanye-wests-love-of-hitler-and-nazis-allegedly-goes-back-20-years-1234647700/

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
Megan is with Roc for A&R.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
That's gone too soon for sure.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
The Outkast photos appear to be from an old Source magazine shoot, but still, activity is activity:

https://www.commarts.com/project/26990/jim-fiscus

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
Drake finally has the ammo for a response.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
Peggy would probably need a sequence of records like Tyler's Flower Boy, Igor & Call Me When You Get Lost to get a Grammy, but he's clearly more than capable of doing that if he wants. He's got the emotional depth, he's got the production talent and he's got the composition skill. He just needs pull back the Death Grips and 100gecs vibes a little, and let the Yoko Kanno and VGM samples sit a bit more forward while he bares his soul a little in the way Grammy voters like, and he'd could hook them. Whether that's something he's interested in any time soon, well, that's a different question.

Still, Scarin The Hoes is a fantastic record. No notes. I'm glad the mix is angry. It'd be disrespecting the concept if it was anything less. That would be my commute music for the next month or two if I still had a commute.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Oh wow he really is the spitting image, isn't he?

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

^burtle posted:

with the bezel?!!

thread title?

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
Yeah iTunes sales charts have always been a little soft compared to other charts, but especially now.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

flow and bars are too good to be ye. verdict: it's AI

definitely sounds a little weird towards the end. otherwise, those are the most lively ye verses in years.

that said, if some one told me it was just another Demi Adejuyibe prank song, I'd believe it.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Monkeu tattered and in rags, gnashing his teeth and wailing. The agony aunts, triumphant

This must be the worst week of Monkeu's life.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

selec posted:

The Al Green song was written by Willie Mitchell, Drake’s father’s uncle. There needs to be a Nobel Prize for hating

Kendrick angling to have the first rap beef that's settled by Kendrick winning a second Pulitzer.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

I do have to wonder if Kendrick got tremendously lucky on half of the meanings of that title, but either way, it feels like bad news for Drake, because it sure looks like, at best, Drake is tremendously unlucky. All of the "Drake has lost the mandate of heaven" jokes may be dead on.

Ultraklystron fucked around with this message at 01:36 on May 4, 2024

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

selec posted:

When you can start referring to something as like…an octuple entendre you are in for some poo poo

Especially when that's just the title.

Before one word of the actual song, the title alone is meant to get in Drake's head by any possible route while also setting unreasonable expectations for the response. Beyond unenviable.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Skeezy posted:

The response:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkXG3ZrXlbc

Edit: The self defense line was pretty funny lol

Wow, I've never seen a diss that made the opponent to take themselves and their crew out for a succulent Chinese meal.

New Ho King is the real winner of this beef. They're gonna get so attention they'll start franchising at this rate.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Rageaholic posted:

"He's hiding another child, give him grace, that's the reason I made Mr. Morale"

Bro WHAT

A second child has hit the six.

Sheesh.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

DC Murderverse posted:

A thing I noticed: Drake had to make his poo poo into a production, he had to get the video, had to go out and do poo poo, which took time and isn’t really gonna benefit him. Kendrick literally just had one picture as album art and spent the rest of his time sharpening his words into a very fine point

Also Drake put the lyrics right in front of his video so it’s easy to read along once and never have to touch it again. Kendrick didn’t so people will have to go back like “wait what did he say” and listen a couple times. It’s the little things to maximize how much people are gonna listen to you calling Drake a “horrible loving person”

Exactly. Drake, even in battle mode, is making little short films with a bunch of his usual stuff in there. "Look at me in my city, look at me at my estate, etc." It's a lot of the same notes he always hits, and until Kendrick hit back with the rapid response, the only part of the video that felt like it was trying to work on more than one level was the Micheal Jackson merch shot in the studio. Intended or not, that reminded me that Drake has gotten a bunch of Michael Jackson merch from Nardwuar and I thought for a minute "yeah, Nardwuar is good at getting a lot of dirt between obsessive research and being low-key amazing at getting different musicians to air out each other off camera." However, that just doesn't matter after "you've been hiding and grooming children, your whole family should be ashamed." Like, you have to come back with not just rumors but receipts now. Things were easier when it was just octuple entendres.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

The REAL Goobusters posted:

hiding a second child who is 11 is insane

With the implication there's many more he kids he doesn't claim.

With the implication that he's got multiple sex offenders on payroll.

With the implication that he's so sketchy and suspect that he's gonna be raided soon for the same reasons Diddy was.

Like, whatever Drake thinks he can do to follow this up, Kendrick will have the response online within half an hour with even more receipts.

Ultraklystron fucked around with this message at 07:44 on May 4, 2024

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Thumbtacks posted:

its also possible this girl he's hiding is a metaphor. he did say she's 11

isn't that millie bobby brown's stranger things character

edit: nevermind that might be real LMAO

Kendrick can't stop being "Oops! All Entendres."

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Thumbtacks posted:

I just...

how the gently caress do you come back from this? like what the gently caress do you even say in response to this? this is the most hosed up diss track i've ever heard i think

Not just how, but the idea that he could sit on the energy from that video for a while was ended instantly. Reaction YouTube didn't even finished recording, let alone up loading a reaction before Kendrick swung back. He's made it clear that every time Drake thinks he has another lined up, he won't even let breathe long enough for anyone to have processed it because he will know when it's ready to go and be sure to have the rebuttal preloaded, ready to be set to public.

Beyond that, what can he do when that choked out response is already being torn apart on Genius like it's Politifact, and they're giving you the "pants on fire"-rating bar after bar? What can you do when your claims are being rebutted by facts from the wider web:

I can't fathom how awful at the Drake estate right now. He probably had a whole party setup, a whole victory lap, and then all of this.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Thumbtacks posted:

im not saying this means anything but the medication bottle on the left is zolpidem, which is an insomnia drug and also one of the most common date rape drugs in the US

so you know there's that

This time the cover art is the octuple entendre I see.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Quantum of Phallus posted:

j Cole been awful silent...

Clearly a smart man. J Cole actually wants to protect himself, his label, his artists, his legacy, his family, and so on. J Cole took a few days of looking weak, but is coming out on top. Kendrick easily could've gone 2 on 1 and if they're was anything close to as off at Dreamville as their is at OVO, it absolutely would've been exposed.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

BitchMidget posted:

{extended stanning}

Oh there's Monkeu

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

TheBizzness posted:

Old boy spent $10 to defend drakes honor on a dead gay comedy forum lol

$15 AUD

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Yuzenn posted:

Don't know nothin bout dat

these edits have been gold.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
Wikipedia had to lock Drake's page:

https://bsky.app/profile/magic-skeetbus.bsky.social/post/3krotvv3hy22f

"a diss track is not an authoritative source"

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Dramatika posted:

"how many stocks do i really have in stock, one two three four five plus five"

Six more in the chamber?

That's how it reads to me. There's a whole album here, and we're only 4 songs in. He's gonna get a second Pulitzer.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

virinvictus posted:

Can you get the for murder

First Pulitzer for hating.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

somewhere a monkeus paw just curled

Thread title?!

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
https://twitter.com/JosephineDocma/status/1786917401507848668

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

ItohRespectArmy posted:

hearing reports that drake is about to be made a mod, chilling news.

Dr-aatrek?

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
it's properly international now too:

https://twitter.com/ValomentZ/status/1786940736975278520

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Wow, that "12 too" run is slick. That kid skated on this. Get enough of these going and there's gonna be an hour long compilation of MCs clowning Drake over this beat.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

I take back what I said about an hour long compilation.

There's gonna be a 24/7 youtube radio station of "BBL Drizzy Disses to Study/Hate to." It will only loop over every couple of weeks.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Lol what a loving loser. Important to address this and not, you know, everything else

I mean, he knows that even if, some how, Kendrick doesn't have him dead to rights on all accounts, the optics of addressing it at all are worse for him than trying to switch angles and focus. He simply can't debate inside of the narrative Kendrick has created now, especially at the same pace. That's part of why Drake did his whole music video and all of that stuff for "Family Matters." He desperately wanted Kendrick to fight in the modes and media that he is most confident with. He did not expect an immediate shut down, then a double tap that following day. Drake thought he could set the pace, and maybe if it could've breathed all weekend on in clubs and on air, "Meet The Grahams"/"Not Like Us" wouldn't have hit so hard, but he has to find another route now, and he's scrambling because he doesn't have one.

Ultraklystron fucked around with this message at 20:55 on May 5, 2024

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

pentyne posted:

Literally everything the Drake fans are pushing seems to be "well it was better produced/mixed" the argument boiling down to drake spent more money therefore better.

And that's embarrassing. Production values are always icing on the cake vs. strong fundamentals, but especially in this context. Kendrick could drop these flows and accusations over a click track and it'd still hurt just about as much. Hell, it'd be even worse in someways because it'd just be baiting producers into flooding the streets with remixes. The reverse of the Metro contest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Cobra Commander posted:

WATCH(ED) DRAKE START A loving WAR

Thread title?

Anyway, Kendrick absolutely has deeper mastery of the whole ecosystem vs. Drake:

https://twitter.com/YourRAGEz/status/1787183548132155628

Letting the reaction channels eat is a fantastic move. Sure, Kendrick passes up a little money because of that, but getting that whole section of the internet on board is what real strategy looks like, not making a short film.