Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Ye should watch A Serious Man next to fully understand Judaism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Th Grammys are never going to nominate a hip hop artist whose music is more intense and abrasive than what they nominate for metal performance.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

Every RTJ album is better than every Killer Mike solo album, even RAP Music

2 and 4 yes, but RAP Music, Fantastic Damage and I’ll Sleep When You’re Dead are definitely better than 3 and around the same as 1.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Having the staff decide on a score and then assigning a writer to review to that score is also way loving dumber than just having the writer go solely off their own opinion imo.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
My favorite dumb rap set was Snoop Dogg at Riot Fest. A lot of Riot Fest's draw is that many of the artists play classic album sets, and Snoop was supposed to play Doggystyle all the way through in an hour-long slot. He was 37 minutes late stage, ran through a bunch of his hits from throughout his career, tried to antagonize the people running the festival and get the crowd to yell at the sound guy, and then got cut off abruptly five minutes after his official set time ended while Modest Mouse immediately started up on the next stage.

Ice Cube was also at that festival and was supposed to play all of Straight Outta Compton (iirc) but very much did not do that. Would love to see the contracts for that event.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Vince is not really a showman but I’ll take his extremely business like stage demeanor over running around with a hypeman shouting over pre-recorded vocals.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It's not great.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
"Rob Smith" is a generic rear end name that could mean anything from the old Vikings running back to The Cure frontman but it is a weirdly Pull Your Pants Up kind of album at times.

e: apparently he's talking about a private equity investor lmao

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
He's also running for president with the bold strategy of primarying a Democratic incumbent with a base of entirely Republicans.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

if i had to pick a meme drill rapper this still go hard and the visuals are amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzc3_b_KnHc

I heard that song one time in a Chapo episode like six years ago and it has periodically popped into my head ever since, including just last night.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Lyrics Born is pretty good if you're into that kind of thing.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I like it but it is very much OME by numbers. Should be marketed as an EP.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Drake is half Ashkenazi Jew so I’m inclined to believe he has genetic gut problems. We get a lot of them.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

thathonkey posted:

has anyone seen billy woods before? hes coming to town soon might cop

His live show is about what you'd expect. If you're a big fan definitely worth seeing but he's not gonna convert anyone through the power of his stage presence.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
She in racial chat rooms eating wings!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

So keen for new aesop

He's been on a roll for like a decade. Maybe even longer! (I have not listened to the pre-Skelethon albums actually)

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Bismack Billabongo posted:

New av is sick goobusters.

I guess pitchforks ad revenue is known for being pretty bad? Idk much about that kind of thing but I get the feeling that when they decided they wanted to move off their old demo (dudes who liked the 2000s indie scene) in favor of their new target (people buying Olivia Rodrigo vinyls) they didn’t actually manage to get a younger audience reading the site, and the old people stopped going as much.

Post your favorite pitchfork moments here. I would like to once again put on for when they took chief keef for an interview at a gun range on video and violated his probation lol.

Was that not Vice? That feels like something Vice would’ve done.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DeimosRising posted:

i think this is sort of unfair. first off, those two reviews are by different people. two writers for the same publication are under no obligation to write to a party line, and in fact it's cool that pitchfork would publish both perspectives.

That is generally a good rule, but Pitchfork literally does have a party line (the staff decides on a score) and then assigns a reviewer to write it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Just when I thought he couldn't get any more RYM-core

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Imagining Kanye introducing Peggy to Varg's racist board game and grilling him about circumcision.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

40 lbs to freedom posted:

what freemason level do i need to hit to understand what this post means

Burzum is the main project of notorious murderer, Nazi (really something more esoteric than that but who cares) and--worst of all--YouTuber Varg Vikernes.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Stuff like that gets to #1 on iTunes because there is a sizable group of people whose consumer choices are entirely based on whether they are theoretically owning libs or not (among other likely artificial boosting measures).

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Wasn't T.I. also the one who talked about inspecting his daughter's hymen or something?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

40 lbs to freedom posted:

im typically probably able to separate art from artist more than im guessing most ppl on this forum but i cant listen to kanyes voice anymore without thinking about how dumb and crazy and annoying he is. idk how id feel about vultures if it came out in 2014 maybe id love it but he started annoying the poo poo out of me around life of pablo and now i cant stand this album.

Saying dumb and crazy and annoying stuff has always been part of the musical package with Kanye so it makes sense that it lost its charm as he got progressively dumber, crazier and more annoying.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Mike Arthur McVein posted:

Obvious jokes aside, there is so much potential in a collab with him and Kanye that I'm surprised it hasn't happened already.

Varg is absolutely never collaborating with a black person even if he had the exact same ideology. I wouldn't be shocked if he regrets being in Mayhem with a Hungarian.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
He also claimed to not know who Kanye is.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DC Murderverse posted:

I don’t know anything about hockey but I assume that Toronto taking another L there is drake’s fault too

That is just what the Leafs do I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I’ll ask the admins.