Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Jeezy did an interview on hotnewhiphop.com about Gibbs. At work right now but the summary is Jeezy personally told Gibbs he can't afford to fund him anymore but he was gonna help however he could, said that convo was cool and walked away thinking thing were ok. He hears the disses and is surprised and he refues to respond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Honestly I skip most of these Gucci shits as they arent nearly as memorable as the earlier stuff. Even the bigger ones are kinda letdowns as its obvious its just random verses at this point.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/french-montana-lil-wayne-and-rick-ross-have-recorded-a-song-called-gucci-mane-news.11702.html

quote:

French Montana is currently preparing his sophomore album, Mac & Cheese, and in a new interview with Billboard, he's explained what we can expect from the new record. According to French, he's very much taking the direction of the album into his own hands this time around.

The rapper revealed two songs that will make the cut of the record, including a song with Miguel, and a crew track with Rick Ross and Lil Wayne, cryptically titled "Gucci Mane". It seems that the song will be using the currently incarcerated GuWop as a punchline for "going crazy", with lines like "I’m about to lose it, man/I’m about to go Gucci Mane". The comparison is likely a reference to Gucci's infamous (and allegedly drug-induced) Twitter meltdown last year. Harry Fraud, who is executive-producing the album alongside Kanye West, feels the song may "make people nervous."

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

All that deserves is a "lol".

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Jesus Christ

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

God drat this loving sucks.

Why are y'all actually listening to the video, just watch it in silence.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The best thing i've ever heard from Lupe is Double Burger With Cheese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvbtN2EW97A

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

http://real-eyes-realise-real-lies.blogspot.com/2013/12/2pac-amerikaz-most-wanted-dead-or-alive.html?spref=fb&m=1

Here's an interesting article.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

No matter how old this is it's forever funny.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Goddamn this Jeezy was just what I needed. Best song has to be Holy Ghost, it's even produced by Cannon one of my faves.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They make more than that a show, it's bullshit. Sounds like a promoter is angry at them.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Robawesome posted:

All of his studio albums are pretty drat great

EHHHHHHHHHH.........no.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That's it.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Kendrick is always hit or miss to me. It's mostly he weird flows that can ruin a track for me.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That fact that he got dropped without an album or even a single is drat hilarious.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I thought Gunplay was locked up for awhile?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

temple posted:

I don't know where to jump in with the 90's discussion but the whole late 90-early 2000's thing is so wrong. From 84 till 97, hiphop got better every year. Anyone telling you otherwise does not love you.

You crazy. early 2000's rap was fun as poo poo and even the radio/club music was wayyyy more enjoyable than anything from today. That's also when the south got hot and changed the game.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Luda, Tip, Nelly, Twista, Kanye, camron and the dips even more that got even better like UGK and 36. It was way more out than just crunk and Cash Money then. Late 90's/ early 2000's was the poo poo.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

What G-Unit had was HUNGER. It oozed out of every track they did. Listen to their first albums/mixtapes and the obvious effort put into them. Few came in as hard as they did and did it consistently. Yes it's different now but they're still pretty good and the reunion has seemed to reinvigorate 50's creativity.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They were loving worldwide superstars before the hiatus. Hell Buck was the second most popular after 50.

quote:

best rap-group-featuring-a-dre-protege-and-his-weed-carriers (that would be D12)

:barf:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Budden dropped OLS 4. Of course its hot.

https://soundcloud.com/eone-music/joe-budden-ols4

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yuzenn posted:

The track is great, but $6.99 for a 7 track EP Joe, cmon son.

I thought it was the actual album coming out until I looked it up and saw the tracklist.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Robert Analog posted:

Is Joe Budden still rapping about Tahiry? :suicide:

He usually puts out an ols song after he has a lot of relationship problems. Him and her were in l&hh NY last year so he's been working on this for awhile. Hes at his best when he's going through poo poo so yes I hope he keeps having terrible luck with women.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The TI album is No Mercy tier. Why such a drop off in quality from Paper Trail and Troubleman?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

alansmithee posted:

I can't get into that Rich Gang at all. Quan has always been meh (and "meh" in that type of rap means you're actively making songs worse), and Thug is just way too inconsistent. Production does ok, but I think they'd be served by expanding a bit idk.

I think it's just too...soft? or something. 2 of my fav tracks this year have Migos (and one has Thug-Bricks and Freestyle) so it's not like I hate the style. I'll prob listen a bit more but outside of a couple tracks nothing seems to stand out at all.

I'm actually a bit excited to see what Carter V is gonna be like.

Totally agreed. Thug is loving irritating if you listen to him too long and is an idiot and RHQ still needs more...something.

I don't have high hopes for Carter V as everything he's released has been the same old.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I call Thug an idiot because he loving is. He doesn't care about anything. Every time he opens his mouth it's something stupid flying out. Everything he does is borderline gay which wouldn't be bad if he wasn't so in denial of it. Half his music is decent the other half is garbage mumbling he inherited from Wayne. Go look at any of his interviews. Look at that video in his "hood" he's trying so hard he's waving guns on wax.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

good electric posted:

lmao young thug has three children. thug gets hosed up on lean and does some silly poo poo like put on a dress and people still talking about him. also the first two Big Gucci Sosa tracks are really good, keef actually raps

You know how many down low men there are with kids? Why is there even a young thug defense force here? Get that mans nuts out your mouth.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I like how I said things other than him acting gay but the only thing people want to harp on is me being a "homophobe". But then I forget where i'm posting sometimes so whatever.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The only Lox songs I ever liked were gently caress You(classic), Breathe Easy, and Mighty D Block. I like them better on records with just 2 of them like Sheek and Jada or Styles and Sheek.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

How do you not know what fuckboy means? It's in the loving word.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Somebody said kendrick was paying homage to Tical's anniversary. It was that day.

http://www.bet.com/news/music/2014/11/09/fredo-santana-threatens-migos-after-fight-with-gbe-member-in-chicago.html

Migos might die next time they try them. Any dude crazy enough to publicly death threat you gives no fucks about life.

“Niggas hard on the web #peterparker" is funny as gently caress tho.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Baram posted:

what are recommended solo tapes/albums for the l.o.x. dudes?

Jada's kiss of death is almost a classic. Some of the later songs on it are some of the realiest poo poo I've ever heard and are still in my rotation. The rest are ehhhhhh.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Wayne finally woke up, maybe he might not be poo poo anymore.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

gently caress the lovely albums what were the top 5 songs of the year?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The Fresh Prince posted:

This isprolly my favorite song of one of my favorite albums of the year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmAMUqlkugM

I like this poo poo.

I rather have nice singles, I make a lot more mixtapes to play in the car than whole albums.

My top right now is:

Mind Right
About The Money
1/4 Block
Tuesday
Handsome and Wealthy

Song of the Year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vYnas6q3Sg

RBX fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Dec 10, 2014

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Lol if they ever play uncensored rap on the radio

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I do cuz I didn't listen to poo poo this year.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yeah like someone else said his music is a little toooo personal and he comes off as whiny. Like his music is made for HIM and about HIM. His ego doesn't match his music. Hes like a Drake without the self awareness. That one mixtape he did was nice tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Young Thug is barely music you hipsters.