Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Puffy is actually Stringer Bell from the Wire, iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Yuzenn posted:

This looks like a tweet Trump would send, like an animal backed into a wall.....

Also, it's lyrically better than her diss records :haw:

Trump would get Instagram immediately if someone told him there not a character limit. That would be wild.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

In my head Remy Ma is an occasional feature rapper for Terror Squad songs and that's about it

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

More Life has some fun songs but overall it's pretty sleepy. Drake is like 25% rap 75% faux Jamaican singy dance hall now. Meh.

New Ross is great, though, Dead Presidents goes hard AF

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

HorseRenoir posted:

who's ready for the most boring important rap album of 2017 to drop https://www.instagram.com/p/BR-YXjeha56/

Please please please be more like good kid madd city

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Kendrick song is awesome and video is wild

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

The Kodak Black record is so fun, can't stop listening to it

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Crumbletron posted:

"Pussy bald, call it Caillou"

That one MURDERS me

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

New Kendrick is fun and chill and I really dig on it

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

And I'd like it to be explained without using the terms "sjw" "leftie" or "safe space"

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Big Fish Theory is awesome as hell, goes really well with coffee on a dark rainy Saturday morning. Next listen is Summertime 06, because I'm an idiot and didn't blast this man's tapes previously

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I'd play 4:44 if it showed up on Spotify but I'm absolutely not exerting any effort at all to procure it, lol @ Tidal forever

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

My favorite slimeball Jay Z move was during OWS when he started selling "Occupy All Streets" t shirts for like $40. Get rekt, old man

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I think most people on SA are olds

I am an old

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

TLOP has some amazing tracks and a lot of tracks I can't remember having ever listened to in my life. Lot of filler.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

People just need to make peace with getting older. I realized recently that the soundcloud type poo poo is where I tap out. I still like rap, I'm just not always going to like what 22 year olds like. I'm 36 years old, so that's probably how it's supposed to be. When we were kids, 36 year olds probably thought what we listened to sucked poo poo.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Big Fish Theory was my favorite rap record last year. Something about it really works for me and I can always throw it on and enjoy it.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

That reads like a tweet from one of Will Smith’s kids

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

This is so trash by even JCole standards that I’m actually flabbergasted

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Not trying to be funny or sound cool but I literally couldn't finish the J Cole album because it was so uninteresting. I dunno how the gently caress this guy has such a rabid fan base

Wife and I had KOD on in the car yesterday and by track 4 or 5 agreed we were bored to all poo poo and turned it off.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

What should I check out if I really like all of Vince Staples music?

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

More people ITT are offended by Kanye wearing a MAGA hat than they are by Kodak Black and 69guy being sex criminals and that's really funny, to me

"Yeah, Kodak's a jerk IRL but his songs are great and I can disconnect the two"

"OH MY GOD KANYE LIKES TRUMP IT'S OVER I'M DONE WITH HIM"

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

She should have known better but it did seem like he was looking to make an example of someone

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

lol at paying for albums in the age of spotify/am

100% lmao, I can't remember the last album I bought

Daytona is really good, I can't get enough of the production, and Kanye sounds great on What Would Meek Do

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Drake is having a really good year, that diss track is solid

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Still don’t get how Chris Brown didn’t end up cancelled

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I like the beats a lot, it’s down tempo and chill, lyrics are pretty meh

Singing on Ghost Town does blow

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Vargatron posted:

I wake up every day hoping to hear 6ix9ine has been shot.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

This updating poo poo is why I'm so loving happy I don't buy albums at all and just use streaming, LOL at having to cobble together my own version of an album after an artist starts jacking themselves off with DLC

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

lol at paying for a streaming service when you can just pirate everything under the sun

I'm too old and stupid now to do that, Spotify is my compromise

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I enjoy a lot of Drake music but he is a loving bitch start to finish on this whole thing Jesus Christ

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

The REAL Goobusters posted:

oh yeah and Weezy is free from his contract

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4q6MIsvroU

post your fav wayne

A Milli

https://youtu.be/UROLAsyc_KU

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Escobarbarian posted:

Ghost Town tracks have been by far my least favourite part of these projects so far, kinda sad I appear to be so in the minority on that lol

Nope I agree with this too they just don’t do anything for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

so is Drake's next move dropping Scorpion and hoping the whole Push thing just blows over? I mean I guess it will, lol

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I think they were looking for 'cavernous'

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Yuzenn posted:

Man, I would not test Keef of all people. For his sake I hope it stays non violent but i'm not super confident of that now....

It does seem, at first glance, like a really poor idea. So par for the course for sixtynineface.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Beat up Kelis? that's just hearsay man WOAH WOAH WOAH he's anti vaxx?? cancel Nas

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I found Nasir boring except for Cops Shot the Kids, and overall I can't stop laughing at the anti vaxx poo poo long enough to give the record a serious second listen

Easily weakest of the GOOD June

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Yeah lmao

Illmatic rules forever but I can't take contermporary Nas seriously behind that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

conventionalcat posted:

i know the sms triple x thats the only time i'll shoot below the neck thing is supposed to be a dick pic joke but explain the lines after that if it's not also a subliminal double entendre about having a hit out on x? is it another jab at pusha for bringing up quentin? hardly makes sense in comparison to the (coincidental if youre skeptical and ignore jprince's street mythology) eerie xxxtentacion reference. why they keep on filming when hes dead?

and x said if he "ever gets killed it was champagne papi im snitching right now" on his instagram. i was pretty high when that was first posted but on sober reflection it would be dumb to ignore. drake is the white knight persona and xxx is a known abuser who has nothing in street cred that we know of aside from a wild bipolar personality. he won't be missed by many due to his past offenses. drake picked another target when he realized he couldn't aim for pusha T anymore about streetstuff. i dont think he'll make any more deal about it. i know i'm joe buddening this but drake doesnt rap on surface level with his shots, it's always subliminal

not making light of it, and not saying it's true. to go off potential subliminals enters youtube illuminati conspiracy territory, but holy poo poo what a coincidence if it is just that

When do you go on Joe Rogan and how do you feel about chem trails