Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
New Roc Marciano

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Q8kUccyXw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

whoscookinbacon posted:

Yeah, it's leaps and bounds over CrasH Talk and I fail to see much hip-hop that can be much be--

*notices new Roc Marciano album came out*

errrr, nvm

Woke up with the beat to Gold Crossbow looping in my head. Have only made it halfway through the album so far but it’s top quality Roc Marci so far, quickly becoming one of my favorite artists after having slept on him for wayyy too long

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
As someone who never paid attention to Drake, I had no idea about the sex pest allegations until now. Bringing that into a wider consciousness alone is a victory for Kendrick, let alone how absolutely savage the rest of all these tracks are

Edit: I saw Benny the Butcher live on Thursday and it was clear from the audience reaction that Drake was losing badly, and we were only how many tracks deep then?

reversefungi fucked around with this message at 21:25 on May 5, 2024

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

TheBizzness posted:

If you like Kendrick but are just discovering rap I would suggest JID - The Forever Story. Great album and he has a very similar style to Kendrick.

As someone who got back into hip hop after a multi year hiatus last year, this album (and all of JID's catalog really) was huge for me. Also go check out JID's tiny desk too. And seconding the Denzel Curry recommendation.

Also would recommend anything under the Griselda Records roster and associated artists, such as Mach Hommy, Benny the Butcher, Conway the Machine, Boldy James, Freddie Gibbs, and Roc Marciano, to name a few. Great if you're into 90s East Coast vibes

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

Rageaholic posted:

What is this Yeezus erasure?

If you're going to listen to Kanye's albums, definitely stop after Yeezus.

No More Parties in LA from TLOP is at least worth listening to for Madlib/Kendrick alone

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
Occasionally lurking this thread has introduced me to neph and my life is all the better for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

:lol: