Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Who do you think makes those cheesy animation loops that Spotify uses? Like does the artist get a say in that nonsense? Because some of them are utterly ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Fuckin ten year old kid died

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I don't understand how there are folks in GBS saying they don't know who he is. Like I can understand not knowing any of his songs but it's kinda wild that someone could be that silo'd from the world.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I went to see Travis Scott in 2017 or something and my buddy hyped it up a ton like how he had fire and a model train set and all this poo poo and then we went and saw him at Showbox SoDo and he didn't have any of that stuff so it was very underwhelming.

I lost my keys and had to go back to the venue to get them but nobody died I don't think.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

t a s t e posted:

Pick up the PHONE

Oh man I didn't know about this. What a piece of poo poo.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I just remembered the time Method Man went on TRL and he had on UNC blue from head to toe and a powder blue tooth brush in his mouth.

Carson Daly sorta shyly asked him why he had a toothbrush and he goes

CUZ IT MATCHES MY OUTFIT

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Yeah that looks straight up coerced. Does Kanye know Morse code?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Boywhiz88 posted:

He’s Houston and its rap scene in a nutshell. This is someone you “check-in” with if you’re big before coming to Houston. Tekashi was called out for going to Houston and not checking-in, I’m p sure.

A lot of clout and probably a lot of uhhh force behind that clout.

https://youtu.be/LV-8cyH0CZU

Lmao

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Epstein thread is leaking.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Drake is an op, op.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Like I know goons pump up Papoose and have for years but that verse is hot.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Kanye and I aren't so different.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

He's lost his goddamn mind lmao

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Can I ask a production question? I'm dumb as heck about how rap records get made so bear with me.

Take this song for instance:

https://youtu.be/ASwABnJjBkA

At the very end the beat gets looped again in a weird way that doesn't really make any sense musically. Is it for some other purpose?

E: I just realized the yt link doesn't do it but this Spotify link does

https://open.spotify.com/track/1lDnr10iH0O5sURL5JlGig?si=KzASlgytRBCVMtEeThEfPg

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

No it's like you said. The beat just kinda awkwardly repeats at the end.

My first reaction was that it was for people to chop up and freestyle over but I wasn't sure if that was how it worked.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

It's just car tires

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

When did "melodic rap" become a distinct category lmfao

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

DC Murderverse posted:

Maybe Kim is just dating Pete Davidson to prove a point about how goofy it is for 40 year olds to go out with people that young

Isn't Kim like 41?

E: lmao Pete is only 28. He looks like he's 42.

DR FRASIER KRANG fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Nov 26, 2021

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/MONTANAof300/status/1466124487158607873

Quite a hashtag there

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Kendrick as the king: "Please don't kill my wife."

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

No HYFR? fuckin lame

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Rapping about something that's illegal? You sure that's allowed?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I like how on Aston Martin Music (one song jp didn't call out), there's already a chorus and yet somehow Drake sings his own second chorus.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

It's not really rap I guess but the video for Post Malone/Weeknd's "One Right Now" is mega violent and has tons of practical effects and just generally looks awesome.

https://youtu.be/Tc0tLGWIqxA

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Pull up to the block and I drop trou, take a spot
Mr BVDs, pee stains fillin in my crot

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Just wedging my heater directly inside of my rear end crack

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Just remembered the time Jay Z put out his last album and retired from rap.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Freddie getting banned on Instagram was a fuckin shame.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I like "High For This" because the overall sentiment is "this is gonna be terrible so you're going to want to be high for this".

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Fragments of Time is all I remember. That's a good tune.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

The one time I saw Macklemore he was opening for MF Doom and I don't know how to make this post any whiter.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

drat I forgot about I Want It All.

"Sex in expensive cars, and I'm ballin every time I stop and talk to y'al"

Man what a good track that is.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I just discovered Suave Smooth and I love it.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

This Juice WRLD doc on hbo is pretty good. Lots of good footage and you get a real sense for how absolutely hosed up he was the entire time.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

https://youtu.be/h3woNzWvdSI

Lots of hot takes from Uncle Murda

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Imagine having to call out Pete Davidson in a rap because he's Mr Steal Your Girl. Fuckin sad.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

40 lbs to freedom posted:

i really dont like cordae but i cant really put my finger on why exactly. hes like a jcole jr who says the same stuff everyone else says idk. i like him a lot more than gunna.

I remember liking "Gifted" when it got pushed to me on Spotify.

"They caught me sliding on the e-way with the heat on the seat / I got tennis chains and crosses but I still keep a piece."

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

40 lbs to freedom posted:

danny i love u but omg no

This slaps

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Those parking sticker purchase kiosks look exactly like the ones in Seattle fwiw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

incoherent posted:

Can't corner the doner

Can't rehab the kebab