Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ohhhhhhh poo poo, as a big fan of both Glitch Mob and hip-hop, this owns owns owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Countdown until this gets sampled

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I don't know how much local poo poo gets shared in here (if any), but a buddy of mine produced this track for a local hip-hop duo he works with and the video for it just got released today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceOnGhUq05c

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

polpotpotpotpotpot posted:

Slaps. What's your buddy's name?

Edit: oh I see it's on the YT page.
Yeah, his name's Jesse. Before this he was one half of an indie pop duo (the producer half) and before that he made trance music. But recently he's been producing all of DeepNSpace's stuff.

He's also the white dude in the tux in the video :v:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDZX4ooRsWs

Drake cries to himself softly as the booty overwhelms him. Also Nicki Minaj
God drat this loving sucks.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jesus Gucc.... :smith:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This is actually Lupe's best song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTAud5O7Qqk

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ahahaha, what the gently caress? This is horrible.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

thathonkey posted:

And you know what, while we're on the subject, I didn't really like his Flying Lotus collab that much (at least not compared to the known potential both artists have).
I like FlyLo and I like Kendrick but the production on that collab really sucked.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

spoils posted:

More poo poo you'll see on your favorite blog, like I even care

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDqTlwkBCMU
Beat is sick, hook is stupid catchy, and lyrics make me want to commit lewd acts on bitch, bobby bitch
This dude was on the Tonight Show last night. Apparently it's blowing up because of some dance associated with it. I just paid attention to it because the beat was hot as gently caress (I read that it was taken from a Lloyd Banks song) and that synth makes it sound like it belongs on a Metroid soundtrack or some poo poo.

e: Wait, I was talking about this track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJwKKKd2ZYE

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Oct 11, 2014

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Robawesome posted:

Nigga you been living under a rock?
Haha well from what I heard it's because of Vine, and I ain't got Vine.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Bumped RTJ2 for the first time today while driving around town. poo poo was fresh. I have a feeling that "she said she wanted my dick in her mouth all day, dick in her mouth all day" sample is gonna pop into my mind at random times and make me crack the gently caress up.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I don't think I've ever liked T-Pain more than I have this month :circlefap:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That is gonna be the hottest poo poo

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Wezlar posted:

Should have used The Weeknd drunk in love remix!
That one shits all over the original. Why would I ever care to hear the original again after I've heard that one?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

TenaciousTomato posted:

bobby shmurda arrested on shooting and trafficking charges :laugh:
His lawyer's gonna wipe the case away though, right?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Budget Prefuse posted:

id just like to reiterate that run the jewels is fantastic live. kind of bummed out they dont do jeopardy though
RTJ is supposed to be playing a festival here in March. Are they good enough to justify paying like $80 for a single day ticket just to see them? Because they're one of only like 2 or 3 acts I actually want to see out of that whole lineup.

Bobby Shmurda was on that lineup too but I don't know if he'll even be playing anymore since the lineup came out like a day or 2 before his arrest lmao

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This is the dopest poo poo, I can't stop laughing

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The redone Bon Iver parts in I'm In It were just the icing on the drat cake.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Q was surprisingly dope when I saw him live at a festival back in March.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

RTJ did Lie, Cheat, Steal on Conan last night and it ruled.

http://pitchfork.com/news/58084-run-the-jewels-perform-lie-cheat-steal-on-conan/

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm quite sure I threw up in my mouth just now.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Christ, Wayne's suing Birdman/Cash Money for $51 mil, trying to sever his deal with Cash Money, and also trying to become copyright holder on all Young Money stuff.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5KRNVKc1YY
El-P and Killer Mike are the best role models for children :allears:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dark Twisted Fantasy destroys every Kanye record that came before it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The R Kelly remix of Flashing Lights is arguably better than the original. In fact every time I hear the original, when it starts up, I have to fill in "AND NOW WE IN THE CLUB LIKE" and "OH WOAHHHHH OHHHHH OHHHHH" out of habit.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Marshall Mathers LP 2 loving sucked. There were like 2 decent tracks on it at most. And it came out in 2013. Should an awards show in February 2015 be awarding anything that came out in 2013?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

thathonkey posted:

wait so they already announced all the grammy winners? :confused:
Not all, just certain categories.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ahahahahaha gently caress

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dexo posted:

Oh hey, New Kendrick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AhXSoKa8xw

Yeah, Not really worried about his next album
The dopest poo poo

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

VLADIMIR GLUTEN posted:

lmao @ making lists of quality posters

anyway, i got tickets to the ghostface + BADBADNOTGOOD show here and its like a 500 person venue this is gonna be nuts
The same festival where Run The Jewels is playing in March that I'm debating going to also has Ghostface + BADBADNOTGOOD on the lineup. Also A$AP Rocky. Also Lil B. Also Lil Boosie.

Okay, yeah, gently caress it, I'm probably going to that.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

SCOTLAND posted:

Drake mixtape up on the OVO soundcloud

https://soundcloud.com/octobersveryown
lol They took it down already :shepface:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:eyepop: hahahaha

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Madonna hasn't really been relevant for years but apparently she knows what the gently caress's up.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So uhh, I finally saw Run The Jewels live for the first time today. That poo poo went off. Easily the most fun hip hop show I've ever been to, bar none. Highlights included A) El-P saying that marijuana had nothing to do with them succeeding and then a guy in the front row offering both him and Killer Mike joints and them smoking said joints onstage and El-P saying "Man, y'all smoke that real poo poo down here :stare: ", and B) getting to hug both El-P and Killer Mike as their set ended.

I saw A$AP Rocky after RTJ and he was good but not as good as RTJ. He premiered some new song about Yams from his new album that he said no one in the world has heard yet.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

HorseRenoir posted:

Gave the new Kendrick album a few more listens and I'm starting to accept that while I respect the artistry and talent that went into making it, it feels like a total chore to listen all the way through. It's like one of those Oscar bait films that are really well made but don't really do much for me past an intellectual level.
Yeah. I'm about halfway through and so far I'm not feeling most of it nearly as much as GKMC. I like jazz and I can respect that he wanted to try something different, but the use of it here makes the album feel...unfocused, I guess? None of the instrumentals feel especially standout. At times Kendrick's vocal delivery is incredible but at other times it's almost embarrassing to listen to.

I mean I don't hate this but I'm not feeling particularly floored by any of it either. I seriously doubt I'll feel the urge to listen to the whole thing again. Individual tracks from it? Sure, but there aren't even many of those that make me think "holy poo poo I have to listen to that again".

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 17, 2015

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Blacker The Berry puts the rest of this album to shame. It's like a window into how much better this album potentially could've been.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"that nigga gave us Billie Jean, you think he touched those kids?"

:cripes:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Run The Jewels played SXSW earlier today and some dude came on stage and tried to fight Killer Mike and El-P.

That's pretty weird, especially since I saw them a few days ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"I'd give it a 9.2"
"I'd give it an 8.8"

Hahaha, gently caress these clowns.