Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006
Anyone else like Boldy James? I really enjoyed My First Chemistry Set. Looks like he just signed with Nas and dropped this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e5qWSDHXPQ

Pete Rock was just on the Combat Jack show too, two hour interview. I'm halfway through so far and it's really good.

https://soundcloud.com/thecombatjackshow/the-pete-rock-episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006

Joe Gillian posted:

La Flame released a free album and it's good.

EDIT: T.I.'s verse on Quintana Pt.2 is goddamn great. T.I. has been on it all loving year.

This is real good, but man that video of Travis Scott and Metro Boomin in the studio was way better than the finished version of Skyfall

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXNbt0yCfLQ

Like cmon that beat sounds nasty as gently caress in the video, the final version is good but it doesn't blow me away or anything

Bulging Nipples fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Aug 19, 2014

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006

Man, Killer Mike is. the. poo poo.

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006

Oh poo poo! Didn't even know this one was coming

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006

thathonkey posted:

If a Gucci tape gets released and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

yea, it goes BURR

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006

temple posted:

Half of the rappers living or dead have been under Interscope's umbrella at some point. Being on Interscope means gently caress all. It's all about management at this point. But for whatever reason, the industry is dominated by people out of Miami, Atlanta, and NY (excepting Houston). Macklemore and Kendrick broke the curse but west coast rappers tend to be big only on the west coast. In a world were French Montana had a run, SchoolboyQ should be able to do better. I'd say RiffRaff and Action Bronson are probably more well known, featured, "relevant" than a lot of west coast rappers and they are bit players at best.

I'm sort of surprised Action Bronson isn't more known at this point, just purely out of a viral sort of "look at this crazy fuckin guy" youtube epic meal time kinda way. I got a lot of respect for the guy though, he's a great rapper and he's also just firmly doing his own thing. He works with a lot of great producers too, and just makes a whole lot of unique music. He's come a long way since everyone was calling him the "white ghostface". Love his work.

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006
Curren$y is usually good for 1-2 more mixtapes towards the end of the year

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006
New Kendrick sounds like a Pharrell B-side with a bad Outkast outro.

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006
RTJ2 is pretty similar to the first, some absolute bangers mixed with some fairly forgettable stuff. I still really like them as a duo, though and would like a RTJ3

Blockbuster Night, Oh My Darling Don't Cry and Angel Dust being my standouts

ALL Due Respect I didn't like at all, though

Bulging Nipples fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Oct 24, 2014

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006

Robert Analog posted:

Appearance matters more in rap than any other genre and dressing/acting flamboyant like he does is gonna alienate people.

Kanye and ASAP Rocky are walking around in leather skirts, only person its alienating is like a bunch of washed up irrelevant rappers from the early 90s

Lord Jamar is really upset guys watch the throne

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006
I usually like Ferg but that clams song is terrible

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006
J Cole has like what, three number 1 albums in a row now?

I still can't name a song.

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006

screaden posted:

Freddie Gibbs worth seeing? He's at the corner hotel in a few weeks, wanna know if it's worth trying to rope some friends in to going with me

Do it, saw him a couple years ago in Sydney and it was the poo poo. He said "What's up Sydney" and then rapped for an hour and then left, didn't say poo poo else. Gonna see him again in NZ in Feb.

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The Big Sean album is out and I gotta listen to it but anything I've heard so far is good. Never liked Big Sean but maybe it'll be good !

Also that m&m cover is amazing

The first half is really good but then he runs out of good features and the second half goes back to normal lovely Big Sean.

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006
Well while we're all just saying stuff Outkast is the GOAT, Flockaveli is one of the most influential albums of the last 10 years, and The Infamous is in the top 5 best ever rap albums

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006
Just saw Mobb Deep tonight and yea, The Infamous is pretty much the best rap album of all time behind one of the Outkast albums I can never choose between

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006

This dude looks like his neck had a brilliant idea

boom boom boom boom

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006

Robert Analog posted:

Why does Jumpman have a crow cawing through the whole track?

because it sounds awesome

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW986OIWhqQ

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

i love curren$y in that i've listened to and enjoyed pretty much everything that's ever been posted in this thread but could somebody recommend his peak album?

Curren$y is pretty excellent all the time, but I really think he really shines with a single producer. The Covert Coup tape he did with Alchemist is IMO his best work, and I really love Cigarette Boats with Harry Fraud too. Otherwise Pilot Talk 1 and 2 are great, and the Saturday Night Car Tunes series is good too. Priest Andretti is a fun concept tape, and New Jack City is a ton of fun.

He's one of the most consistently excellent artists out there, except Muscle Car Chronicles I don't know what the gently caress that was

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006
Anyone seen Bone Thugs live recently? It's only 30 bucks so I'm leaning towards 'hell yea why the gently caress not' but just want to make sure they aren't going to be croaking old men trying to harmonize

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulging Nipples
Jan 16, 2006
This is gonna get lost in TLOP chat but Curren$y and Alchemist just dropped the follow-up to Covert Coup, Carrollton Heist. Covert Coup in my opinion is Curren$y's best work to date so I'm beyond stoked for this. Two tracks in so far and it's real good.