Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
wow this game, I remember this, unlike many of the others here I actually finished it and I think I found some things that you didn't. For example, if you lay a snare trap and catch a goat, you can domesticate the goat and keep it as a pet/source of milk, which I thought was cool. You can do more or less the same with a chicken in a basket trap as well, though that gives you eggs rather than milk of course (it probably helps that I didn't find making the snare traps and such that much of a problem). Oh, and in that sulphur vent area, if you do the search the ground with the touch screen thing you demonstrated for a crab, you can find a pretty blue stone to give as a gift to Skye.

Also, because I have an inhuman patience with games, I once just played the game until the days got to a full year, which triggered an ending were they decided to just live on the island forever, which I thought was an interesting thing to be included.

Funnily enough, my first proper ending was the one with the radio, as that one doesn't require taking Skye all the way to the bad guys base, and I thought that trying to escape on the lifeboat could go horribly wrong.

Also, I apologise for sounding like I want you to be a total completionist sperg, though it would be nice to see the conversation with Skye that you get for getting a goat or chicken, you being able to finish this lp has priority. And going for the time ending would likely be damaging to your sanity, so you probably shouldn't try and show people that one for the sake of your own health.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

hectorgrey posted:

huh. I suppose I should have realised that'd be an option, but it never occurred to me...

What do you mean? The time ending or the domesticating a goat/chicken?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Yeah, I was aware of being able to domesticate goats and chicken and stuff but after hunting pissed me off as much as it did I just didn't want to do it. It's probably not going to end up being shown, the rest of the LP's already been recorded and going back to record minor flavour dialogue just isn't appealing. Didn't know the blue stone thing at all though, new one on me although it's too late to get that in the LP either.

The 365-day ending thing revitalises an old discussion point of the time, because Survival Kids definitely had a similar ending for 100-days but the 365 day ending was a thing brought up a lot and I'm almost certain it was proven to be a fake rumour. I have never had the patience to do it myself so I do not know for 100% certain but I find the lack of video footage of the ending, lack of it being mentioned in guides and the only information I can find on it is all in relation to it being fake pretty damning.

Lost in Blue 3 absolutely had a 365-day ending though, but I'm basically certain LiB1 doesn't and LiB2 might gently caress if I can remember. Maybe you're confusing the games?

hmmm, possibly, though I know for a fact the blue stone is a thing you give to Skye in Lost in Blue 1, though it may take repeated tries to find it on the ground, just like it would ordinarily take repeated tries to find a crab.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Yes, but this plays in the form of a binary "Do you want to progress in the game?" dialogue choice and saying Yes results in the same thing that happened in the Boy's Story playing out in the form of a cutscene of him walking you there. Still nothing to actually do, just say yes and acquire progress.

You know, considering your username, playing this game is kinda sorta ironic, as this game is anything but "succinct and punchy" even if you did your dammdest to make it that in this lp.

• Locked thread