Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Word on the Wind
May 23, 2014
Yet another on the Raftblock camp. I still have this game and really I don't regret putting it down. I find Survival Kids to be a much more entertaining and less frustrating game. The gender-roles thing also annoyed the tar out of me in this one, particularly since SK let you play the girl with no functional difference.

I'm actually rather annoyed that SK2 wasn't released over-seas. A cursory look about the inter-tubes reveals that there's one apparently late-ish stage translation for the game still ongoing but is currently in the doldrums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Word on the Wind
May 23, 2014
I don't know if streamlined is what I'd call it myself. Rather than the game carting you along to a plot-point and have the characters make the declaration that they have an idea and then giving you a recipe to follow, you're just given a merge interface and from there you have to figure out what to combine with what and there are complete dead-end items that serve no function that you can end up building. That being said I find that preferable, it satisfies my Adventure Game itch.

• Locked thread