Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost
Lone Survivor is a 2D zombie game with a survival/thriller focus that will absorb your soul if you let yourself get immersed in it. The graphics are pixelly and the soundtrack is awesome, and the map system has you turning corners in the building you're in, so you feel like you're walking around in a square rather than a moebius strip.

Mostly you sneak and shoot your way past zombies, but hiding spots and ammo are both limited. There's sanity and health and hunger, but there's no bars to keep track of; the screen changes filters and the character will make remarks about his status.

The exploration is fun because it's kind of urging you along. It's a constant push from "I need more food" -> "I'm low on ammo" -> "I'm going insane from not using my flashlight" -> "Yes, two bullets" -> "Ok I got a can of fruit" -> "What the gently caress do you mean I need a can opener" -> "Well there's some batteries at least" -> "Maybe if I take one of these pills I found something will hazzxckjjnm"

Fake edit: Also it's basically Silent Hill and sometimes the walls are made of meat

Soho Joe fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Aug 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost

I can go lay back down, we've already found the most terrifying thing of the week.

Soho Joe fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 2, 2015