Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Okay I finished my first playthrough of Dead Space Remake and it's good. Very good.

This is a rare case where the remake is basically superior in all ways over the original.

Hell a lot of people were afraid of them having more dialog for Isaac but honestly it all fits. He's not overly talky. It feels natural for him to make those comments that he did.

They e also expanded the game by like 10% and redesigned various sections and they are so much better than in the original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

exquisite tea posted:

It's close to 20 years since I last played Resident Evil 4 so even if the remake changed a lot of stuff I probably wouldn't even remember.

Yeah I just checked, the last time I played any version of re4 was back in December 2012 so ten years for me.

The only downside is you have to pay more money for this (versus just replaying the original) but I'd like to support good remakes like this and Dead Space. And the way I see it, is this is probably the only re game we get all year, I'll definitely buy it.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

I think the reason people want dead space 2 remade is because it rules and that would be an easy sell for EA to rubberstamp.

I'd take a dead space 2 remake over Motive team getting put on making live service content for EA or something. Or God forbid some sort of dead space battle Royale.

Remember toys for Bob with the Crash games? They made those remasters then also did a new crash 4 but now they got called on for helping out with call of duty and making what looks like a Crash moba that nobody asked for.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Isaac, make us wool again.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Read After Burning posted:

Not sure where else to put this: last night I was trying to Google what "Buddy Simulator 1984" was, and accidentally searched "Bussy Simulator 1984". :yikes:

This might say something about you if your autocorrect got you like this.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/concept/10007269

Didn't this get good reviews? Coming to Playstation now.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Vermain posted:

amnesia: the bunker reviews are coming out and it's looking like a good 'un, although you might wanna wait for a sale if you're on a budget, as the first full playthrough i can find on youtube clocks in a little under 2 hours and 30 minutes

Yeah I was a bit concerned it was gonna be a small game given how they kept talking up replayability.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

https://youtu.be/ZfQ0KELzcqI

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Honest Thief posted:

For people saying Bunker is short, does it have enough engaging gameplay to warrant further playthroughs, like harder modes or variations like REsi?

There are more difficulty levels and stuff inside the Bunker is randomized (like codes or locations of stuff).

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Man of Median is the worse of the supermassive games so definitely don't judge them all by that. There are some variations, you can get completely different scenes and outcomes, but it does try it's damnest to get you through the same plot beats. It's generally better if you do this game with friends where you all choose different characters to play as (the shared stories function I believe it's called).

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Darthemed posted:

You felt Little Hope was better?

Yes but not by that much. I liked the setting and the lore pieces they tried in that game better at least.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

The Dark Pictures present

Man of rear end
Little rear end
House of Asses

And concludes with the final episode:

The rear end in Me

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Morpheus posted:

Normally not really a fan of jumpscares but I just want to point out this one from Song of Horror that I quite liked, both due to its unexpectedness and how it's not one I've seen before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3t4JTEhM-E&t=2146s

That was a good one. I'd like to see one where you're examining an object and like the figure in the photo reaches out to you or something.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

3 remake is also much better value if you were doing these two things:

1. Replay the game for more unlocks and also beating it in a harder difficulty as well as fast as possible.

2. You played some hours of that re:resistance game that came with it. It was actually kinda fun until the people who play too seriously got overpowered and now it's really hard to win.

Other than that, yes 3 is way too short especially if you only play games once and move on.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Read After Burning posted:

Don't think I saw this mentioned, but Alan Wake 2 has been delayed ten days...the new release date is now October 27.

I kind of prefer it this way, I'll just play Spider-Man 2 first and hopefully finish most of it by Alan Wake 2. On the other hand it's only one week and it's probably gonna be a bigger game than the first so.... I'll still have to juggle 2 games.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Wasn't dead rising 3 was and still is basically an Xbox exclusive? It took like a year after it released to come to pc.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Have we even seen any concrete previews of the sh2 remake besides trailers?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

joylessdivision posted:

Lol I watched that stupid 4 hour stream of horror games the other day so I could say "Huh that looks neat" to like two or three games and then laugh at the "Silent Hill Ascension" trailer that confirmed it was indeed not something I have any interest in interacting with.

Also for the love of God, don't do 4 hour god drat streams of trailers, I honestly can't remember half of what was shown other than a WWI trench horror game that I can't even remember the name of.

https://www.youtube.com/live/3kMdq9k00U0?si=BHpZW42t_-n90_sQ

I believe ww1 trench horror is likely ad infinitum

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Sep 12, 2023

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Chatrapati posted:

I kept dying over and over in Fatal Frame, and mostly gave up on the game. Today, I realised that you're supposed to be able to see the ghosts and it was a problem with the video configuration settings on my emulator. The game is way more enjoyable now. Just posting this here in case other people have this issue.

I've reached the first boss (I think?), but got too spooked and closed the window before fighting it, going to tackle it again tomorrow in the daylight. :ohdear:

You weren't playing Enemy Zero were you?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Bitmap makes good books, I own several of their previous release. Will keep an eye on this one.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm midway through the Resident Evil 4 DLC, and it's solid as well. I was surprised that it was only :10bux:, but it makes sense because a lot of it is bad around going through existing areas from the main game but in different scenarios, like in the original version. Overall it's basically more RE4 with a few new tricks and some new weapons, which is a good thing by me.

Yeah it's a decent amount of content for ten bucks but it makes sense when you realize that like the main game, you'll need to do 3+ playthroughs to grab all the unlockables and it's a retread of most of the original game but there's like 20% of content that's actually new so that's actually worth playing. If somehow the dlc was only the exact new content it'd be like a hour long at most.

Still working on getting up to professional s+ rank anyway because drat it I want all the trophies.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

At the very least, waiting for people to get it, review it and tell us how it is in articles and posts is free so it doesn't hurt to wait for that at least.

If it's perfectly playable and still captures like 50% of the spirit of the original, it's still way better than most horror games out there.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Whirling posted:

Alright horror games friends, what jank rear end ps2 horror game should I play for October? Beat Silent Hill 2 and 3, and now I am hungry for more

Rule of Rose

Extermination

Haunting Ground

Kuon

Obscure

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

Don't play Kuon. It's got great style but it's not a fun game.

He said jank rear end so fighting the jank rear end systems can be part of the fun if you're one of those kinds of people.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Hey I finished that game too, from ps+ extra right?

Yeah it was pretty chill and not that tense.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

Thanks for the headsup. Hm, no posts since 2020. I hope they're doing all right.

That is a very concerning year to drop off at.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Professor Wayne posted:

I started Calisto Protocol last night and played for about 30 minutes. It's cool to see Sam Witwer and Karen Fukuhara. But it's blowing my mind that the gameplay so far seems like Mike Tyson's Dead Space Punch Out.

Duck, dodge, dip, dive, duck

Then punch them

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

I figured I could finish one game quick before Spider-Man 2 comes out this month so I picked SIGNALIS!

I'm maybe a hour in but there's some implications

||with the fact I picked up a book about the king in yellow and there's all these terminology like gestalt and replikas and it's like... I've heard this in another video game before...

Don't know where it's going but imma find out!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Okay in Signalis I just Beat my first boss Mynah, and explored some more. I read some files on replikas models and it feels like I'm gonna find out I'm a faulty unit of my past life or something. I also found a diary that seems to implicate we might be in some kind of loop. Lots of things going on but nothing coming together yet. Game is really tense but fun in that way

I definitely agree, the item limits is so tiny. And that camera was useless since any platform you can play the game on will have some kinda screenshot feature.

They could at least make it so anything you equip to the item/tool slots don't take up space, so it would be like giving an effective two slots.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Panderfringe posted:

The team is like two people. Yeah, I'm not expecting anything anytime soon. But I'm extremely pleased by what we did get

Apparently it was in development since 2014. So yeah unless they really step up and/or make it a full time job, not sure we'll see anything soon.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

I think the new re 2/3/4 remakes are the new canon and the new style of gameplay. It's faster than the older remakes and generally easier (I mean you don't even have limited saves unless you play on hardcore)

I wonder if RE9 will be third person or first person or they'll give us both from the start.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

World of horror got delayed for a week on consoles too.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm playing Signalis on Game Pass and it's cool so far although the Protektor area outstayed its welcome by a key or three. I don't really feel like rushing it but conscious of it leaving Game Pass in a few days, can anyone give me a rough estimate of how far in I am? Just got to the mines and they seem nice, there's a friendly large lady.

I finished signalis not too long ago. I can give you some light spoilers on how much you have to go

Have you noticed how there seems to be a theme of getting a bunch of key items and unlocking the exit to escape the level? You did probably about two of those before the mines. And I saw you just finished the mines. You're in the last area, collect all the keys in this area and you won't be too far from the end.

To give a quick answer, probably 2 hours

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 24, 2023

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

More posts like this

GREAT HOLES SECRETLY ARE DIGGED
WHERE EARTHS PORES OUGHT TO SUFFICE

AND THINGS HAVE LEARNT TO WALK
THAT OUGHT TO CRAWL

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Mr E posted:

Well I'm glad they're adding those features but I really would have loved the inventory spot and flashlight module changes before I beat the game 2 weeks ago.

I know right? Just finished it earlier this month!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Yeah but Alan Wake 2 is fun as hell to play, that should be all that matters.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

8one6 posted:

Just in case anyone doesn't have these:

Hidden Deep
QGTE*-NRBLI-ZHE**I
*four
**eight

Tormented Souls
MJZF*-9**GNP-JL*CW
*three
**nine

Moons of Madness
BRZ*A-BIQ8**-YQLCL
*two
**seven

I took Tormented Souls, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Given the existence of the steam deck now and that it's a pain getting egs stuff to run on it (sometimes it works sometimes it won't) I don't blame people for wanting to stick with just steam.