Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

1stGear posted:

I wasn't wholly sold on Zombi till (very early spoilers) having to frantically race from the grocery store after the alarm went off and hearing the chasing zombies panting behind me as I scrambled to the safety of the fast travel. And then having to desperately fend off a goddamn horde of the fuckers with each individual zombie posing a very real threat and at least one more always clambering over the barricades as I struggled to deal with the first.

Its an exhausting game, but in a good way.

ZombiU was a great launch game that perfectly used everything the Wii U could do. I might hook my WiiU back up and play it again, I never really got very far, once my badass british guard dude got killed and I lost my shotgun I was pretty mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

s.i.r.e. posted:

It's the reason I gave up on the game twice, once on the WiiU and the second time on the PC release:

Basically what happens is that when your character dies you wake up as a new survivor in the safe house, but everything your old survivor had is dropped wherever they died and you have the chance to retrieve it. Sounds good, but if you second survivor dies all of that first survivor's stuff is lost, permanently. On the Wii U I lost everything towards the beginning of the game (2 hours in) because you have to hold out against a lot of zombies that you could easily not be prepaired to deal with. Also, at that point you don't have the syringe to stab the zombies in the face with so if they grab you that's a one-hit kill. So I died and I went back (because that's where I needed to be to progress through the game) and low and behold, there's around 15 zombie or so waiting for my new survivor who only has a cricket bat without gently caress-all else to defend himself with and I again just get grabbed and OHKO. All of that beginning stuff is lost and I quit.

With the PC release I make It all the way to the end because the game's a lot easier on a keyboard and mouse but towards the end I'm running low on ammo and have to resort to melee attacks to make it through a clusterfuck of an escape sequence with alarms and whatnot going on. I'm pretty sure I was 20 minutes max away from the end of the game. As I'm making my way through all of the non-sense I accidently hit an "explosive" zombie with my melee weapon and it explodes in my face killing me. My new survivor has literally nothing and I can't even make it back to my old corpse because at this point the game world is a maze (it's not open world, think more Resident Evil with linear sections) and the fast travel system is in accessible for some reason. Oh and zombies became horribly abundant. I literally couldn't beat the game.

It's an interesting concept but once it happens to you it's frustrating.

So, I also take it you don't like Dark Souls because that the same thing they do with your souls when you die. The death mechanic in ZombiU was amazing and the only people who disliked it are crybabies.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Sakurazuka posted:

I mean not really, it'd be more like if in Souls all your equipment vanished if you died before getting back to it.
So more like Diablo 2.

not so much, because you still get your gear back in D2 if you log off and log back in, you just don't get your xp back if I remember correctly.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Sakurazuka posted:

Honestly it's been that long I couldn't really remember what happened if you died during a corpse run in D2

your gear stays on your body, and you lose a chunk of XP, when you get back to your body, you get all your gear back and get the xp back. if you log off then log back in, when you spawn in the camp area, your body is at your feet, but you lose the lost xp for good

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

I know it was mentioned in an earlier post, but for ZombiiU I though someone posted that the game doesn't work anymore, is that the case? I never finished the game and want to find a reason to plug my WiiU back in (other than Mario Kart)

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Anyone remember the game Jericho(spelling?) It was a pretty decent shooter with an awesome Hellraiser style storyline.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Drunken Baker posted:

Outlast 2 has been banned in Australia due to strong sexual violence.

Took this from Kotaku. (first google hit)

In one cut-scene in the game ... a female creature prepares Blake for a ritual. She says, "I want to see your true face. Your seed will burn this world." Shortly afterwards, he objects to having psycho-active dust blown into his face, yelling, "Nope! Nope!" before he stumbles into a forest clearing.

His vision blurring, he witnesses what appears to a ritualistic orgy. His wife, Lynn, calls out for his help, saying, "It hurts! Oh god!," as she hangs from chains on a raised platform at the front of the clearing. Humanoid creatures, their skin grey, spattered with blood and scarred, implicity have sex as others pray, or chant, or gesticulate.

One creature has another bent over a rock, thrusting as they implicitly have rear-entry sex, another sits astride the pelvic region of a creature prone on the ground, moving their hips rhythmically as they too implicitly have sex. Two other pairs of creatures in the clearing are also implicitly having sex.

As Blake yells for the creatures to "Get away from her!" a female creature, her greyish breasts bared, pushes him onto his back, holds his arms to the ground and repeatedly thrusts her crotch against him. As Blake protests, saying "No! Stop that!" the creature thrusts again, before placing its face over his midsection and then sitting up and wiping its mouth.

Although much of the contact between the creature and Blake is obscurred, by it taking place below screen, the sexualised surroundings and aggressive behaviour of the creature suggest that it is an assault which is sexual in nature. The Board is of the opinion that this, combined with Blake's objections and distress, constitutes a depiction of implied sexual violence.

In the Board's opinion, the above example constitutes a depiction of implied sexual violence and therefore cannot be accommodated within the R18+ classification category and the game is therefore Refused Classification.

Dang, for a former penal colony full of criminals and rapists, Australia sure doesn't like Rape

Carebearz fucked around with this message at 15:08 on May 2, 2017

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Skyscraper posted:

I heard people sometimes make jokes on this site

Yeah, the last couple pages on this thread have been the biggest jokes

Carebearz fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 8, 2017

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Bogart posted:

See, but like. You didn't make jokes. You made one joke, three times, which wasn't received well the first time.

Prey is good. It's more tense, due to player vulnerability and the juxtaposition of familiar/foreign throughout Talos 1, than out-and-out horror. I've had one good freaky jumpscare so far, but the atmosphere of everything going to poo poo feels real. It's one thing to say 'hey the Typhon have broken containment, like, last night,' and it's another for the hub area to get more and more hostile as you get further into the game.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Sorry but humour is subjective and thus you should not post

Stuff like this is why this thread has been a huge joke.

someone goes "man, this game personally freak me out because xyz"
next person goes "well probably because you're a huge pussy, this didn't scare me because xyz"

then you two have some sort of sad nerd dick waving contest and both look loving retarded.

more posts about horror games plz

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

It's really hosed up that a thread on the Something Awful Dot Com Comedy Forums is a joke

except this isn't the comedy forums so much as a thread about horror games, not "i'm less of a pussy because this virtual game didn't scare me as much as you"

less threadshitting more relevant posts about horror games pl0x

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

I'm curious as to why you care considering the last time we disagreed you were really lovely about my sadbrains.

I'm curios as to why you keep threadshitting and picking fights when nobody cares

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

I wouldn't consider Bioshock a horror game as much as it's a psychological thriller.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Danaru posted:

I'd love to see more asymmetrical multiplayer games in general. I love Dead by Daylight, Friday the 13th looks like it'll be awesome, and... that's about it :smith:

dead realms and Damned are pretty neat from the youtube videos I've watched

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

H2SO4 posted:

Scary Game Squad just released the last installment of Outlast 2 and holy poo poo what a dumpster fire of an ending.

I mean, Outlast 2 was a dumpster fire of a game, what did you expect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

catlord posted:

Rugged but fairly friendly lumberjacks. Or hippies. Sorta Canada-lite.

So like this?