Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
I would have been more excited if English fan translations of the SNES and PS1 versions weren't already available, and the other stuff they're adding in don't sound super interesting. Like an animated intro? The intro is literally just a group of orphans and a lady driving up to a spooky mansion. Or comic book cutscenes? I don't know, it's cool I guess but also what's the end game? It's not like any of the other games in the series will get a re-release or remaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

ghost head remake with second player bates
I was pretty happy to find that someone did a hack of Ghost Head but they replaced the English VO with the Japanese. Not that that was the extent of the problems with that game, but yeah, the humor of the VO kinda took away the horror.

Bussamove posted:

You say that now but when the Clock Tower 3 remake on the RE engine hits boy won’t your face be red.
Man, if only they did this but with Haunting Ground. That'd be great actually minus the rapey ummmm overtones.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

Don't play Rule of Rose. It's got great style but it's not a fun game.
Wanted to correct that a bit; Kuon was alright to play, if basic. But man, Rule of Rose was a slog to play (whether it be the combat or following the dog around).

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

So I feel like I might have misread this plot thread about the visiting brother but was it based around sexual abuse, or that the brother had done stuff to Amelie? Or maybe that was explained after the final chase sequence that I gave up on (really could have done with at least one checkpoint in there or something) but the way the diaries were reading about how the brother stared at her and made her feel uncomfortable, but I don't recall them mentioning why.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Gaius Marius posted:

Does Clocktower remember your previous deaths or did I get good RNG; I got jumped by Scissorman in the Piano room, which actually gave me a jolt, and had to run back to the other wings bathroom to evade him. On locking the doors he initially jammed his scissors in and skewered Jennifer. But upon reloading he just gave up when confronted with the lock.

At least I've found the Demon Idol and discovered Mrs.Mary is an evil twin who killed my father. It's funny, the game feels pretty generous and kind with its reloading and how little actual action there is, but at the same time I have zero idea of where to go. I assume the Clocktower itself is the final area, but how to get there escapes me.
There's quite a bit to Clocktower that's random, even for the SNES it was pretty impressive to have a perpetual enemy chasing you around from screen to screen or where it might decide to show up being somewhat random (or at least giving that impression). Also I think the game will try to give you the benefit of the doubt when you first try to hide in a location or use a spot to avoid Scissorman, but you can't keep relying on the same spot or setup as the next time (there really is a finite amount of safe places you can get to reasonably, at least I don't recall any traps or places you could continually use).

I think though there are some specific triggers to make sure your friends survive or not; depending on how much you want for spoilers, there are definitely ways to save some of the other kids but not all of them. Or you can definitely leave the house early...though that's not the best idea :)

I'd also say if you're interested in extra content, the SNES version was re-released with some extra content in Japan on the PS1 and it's got a fan translation out there. It was interesting the bits of added story, and I'm wanting to say there might have been some extra areas? Or maybe I'm just thinking of the cutscenes they added in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

IShallRiseAgain posted:

There is also the remaster coming out, and probably soon too.
Yeah, I'm a bit curious if they're adding anything new to that or if it's just an official translation/port at this point.