Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

DrSnakeLaser posted:

I've always wanted to see a horror game use something like this sequence from Fear(s) of the Dark- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyWKEZ8CKYw&t=682s

Specifically playing on the innate trait of seeing faces where there are none, or how different things look in the dark. It probably ties back to seeing a kids tv show about faces appearing in the concrete of someone's kitchen floor but it's left an impression on me.

There's a fun part like that in Alien Isolation, where you go aboard the other ship and there are pipes that just happen to look exactly like the alien from the side :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

WombatCyborg posted:

Yeah Rule Of Rose is ridiculously expensive. From an LP, it does look like a good if clunky game though. You sure you aren't thinking of Rumble Roses? That piece of poo poo belongs at that price range.

I have thought these two games were the same thing up until now and wondered what amazing spooky poo poo could possibly happen in this wrestling game

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I don't think there's anything anyone can learn from Machine for Pigs. I played the game and couldn't tell you a single thing about what happened.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

al-azad posted:

There's a lot to learn from it actually, such as how not to make a game that is A Machine for Pigs.

:hmmyes:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

The Berzerker posted:

Do we have a thread for games like 7 Days to Die? I've been kinda consumed by it.

There's actually a specific 7DTD thread on the forums already, but it doesn't get much traffic due to the lack of things to talk about and the slow update schedule. That being said, go ahead and post your experiences; it's a real fun game that captures something in its core gameplay loop that nothing else really does. God knows I've gotten my money's worth out of it with my 1.6k+ hours :v:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Crimson Heads are definitely more of a system that's designed to feel difficult to manage than actually being so. Even on the hardest difficulty, there's more than enough supplies to burn/decapitate every zombie in the halls you'll travel most often. Plus, even if a zombie does turn into a Crimson Head, they're actually really easy to just run by, or kill if they're in the way. They're not as fast or powerful as they seem!

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

graveportents posted:

So uh, Murder House is loving terrifying. I picked it up a few days ago and haven't even gotten past the prologue because of that goddamn shrieking every time the bunny starts chasing you. I don't know what it is about this game that I can't stomach at night but it makes every other horror game feel like Toontown Online.

Puppet Combo is pretty good at making viscerally horrifying sound design, if nothing else :v:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Have there ever been any other horror games like SH4 where the spooky nightmare world is actually someone else's delusions and the main character is only marginally involved at best? Dude literally just bought the wrong apartment and has to deal with all this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Out of curiosity, why is 3 a bad game to you? Thinking 1 and 2 are better is hardly controversial, but I've never seen anyone claim 3 wasn't good at all.

Full disclosure 3 is my favorite in the series, the story is whatever but for me the presentation absolutely elevates it to one of the greatest horror games ever.

SH3 plays the best and has the best overall horror feel too, imo. It's my favorite as well :hf:

SH1 and 2 are absolutely legendary landmark games, and SH4 is incredibly well-designed and scary as hell but uh, is kind of a pain in the rear end to actually play so I can understand the complaints about that one. :v: All 4 of the OG games are absolute classics and arguably the best set of horror media there has ever been.