Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
Stubbs the Zombie, guys. That game is terrifying.

"NOW HOW WILL I PLAY THE PIANO?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

The best part of Downpour was when you're in the theatre and the set comes to life, and you wander around the forest and come to this cabin where you fight some enemies. When you're done and you open the front door, you end up back in the theatre and the house stand just falls backwards.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

King Vidiot posted:

Seriously though there should be a game where it's a Friday the 13th-style supernatural slasher scenario, and you're up against a single tough villain who doesn't seem to be able to die. You can try anything to kill him, hammers, nail guns, handguns, knives, you name it, and nothing will work (maybe some things will slow him down or make him retreat). To finish the game you have to find the convoluted combination of MacGuffins that will stop him, which you discover by finding and talking to random people and reading handwritten notes or passages from books. The way to kill him will change for every new game.

I kind of had an idea that was the opposite of this. You create your slasher villian (maybe unlocking "classes" like demonic spirit or possessed doll) and go through levels offing stupid college kids and the local towns people. Essentially take the basic idea of that Naughty Bear game, mix it with a little Hitman and coat it with 80's horror movies and there ya go.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

This would be cool if they gave you some sort of bonus system based on how gory and creative your kills were and how close you let them get to safety before offing them.

And at the end of each level, it should tally the score (think of Burnouts Crash mode where it does a recap of all the poo poo you destroyed) on how scary / gruesome it was.

Also like Hitman, you'd be able to drag the bodies around and hide them...

...or display them to the rest of your victims to show them what's good.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

I really enjoyed all 3 games but I traded Dead Space 3 in before I got a chance to try out the co-op. The DLC ending was a little eh, I liked how the base game ended much better.