Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Played a bit of Lethal Company the past two nights with some buds and yeah dang having someone sit in the ship really is a huge difference. We had two people looting, one person ferrying the items to the ship and someone on comms directing the first two and we went from losing every cycle to now being on the third quota without issue. Really interested in saving up enough money to go to those really expensive moons and see wtf kind of horrors await us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

He even did the stock standard “this is NOT a game, we are BEYOND games” schtick.

Excited to see which FROMsoft design innovation he’ll take credit for this time around. Timed parries? World reactivity to emotes? Fat rolling? Only time will tell.

What

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

You misunderstand me. I don’t mean to say that FROM invented that. How could they have? They weren’t involved in the development of Death Stranding, the original Strand game which preceded the entire genre we all know and love.

Between making up things wholecloth to get mad about in Alan wake 2 and this you have some serious problems dude lol.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Absolutely no idea how someone could call it a hot mess game is great.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

This might be a longshot, but I remember a few years ago a streamer I watched played a demo for game that's very similar to Pacific Drive, but more horror focused. I remember you started in a bunker and then find a car and are driving around a spooky Zone style place, but theres monsters and stuff you have to hide from. Does it ring a bell for anyone else?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

Titan Chaser, maybe? I haven't played it, but I remember the idea standing out because it reminded me of The Mist, driving out into foggy areas and seeing huge monsters.

Ah dang, no it doesn't seem like it's this although this does look cool.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Did some more searching (was hard since Pacific Drive now eats up all the results lol) and found it.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1648990/HorrorDriven_A_story_for_the_road/

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I think if 8 had it's own identity I'd probably like it more but as it is, the whole game is "Remember RE4?" and well. It just makes me think about how much better 4 is lol.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Re6 is better than 7.

Fair. Stern, but fair.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I'm assuming Texas Chainsaw Massacre didn't do too well because I've been getting an email once a week from Xbox letting me know it's on sale.

Nah, the devs really fumbled it so once the initial rush of people playing on Gamepass got bored the population fell off a cliff.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I can respect Shipwrecked 64 but I think the metaplot got really really stupid in a way that it didn't need to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Forewarned is great, so is demonologist. Don't have the staying power of Phasmo but they're still fun 10-20 hour games with your friends.