Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Hello maybe it's because I'm watching it in LP format (Hell, that's definitely why) but Fatal Frame doesn't seem anywhere near as scary as I remember people saying it was like 8 years ago.

The first one almost hit it, but now there's something about 2 that feels even less scary. Maybe it's having a sidekick with you...Maybe I should just play them myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Tgent posted:

What's the best way to play silent hill 2 these days? I love horror games but I've never played it.

Probably the original. There was a Silent Hill HD collection thing but everything I've heard about it said it was a buggy, cash in piece of garbage which is really loving sad :(

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Morpheus posted:

Hey, fans of Fatal Frame have a new game to look forward to on the Wii U:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1rv4GAZoho

Will this one also not be localized? :(

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Did BMS even *finish* Xen? They released like a few years ago without it and then said something like "Uh, yeah...we'll do it later since everybody hates Xen anyway".

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm actually surprised at how cool Five Nights at Freddy's is. Good job Steam Greenlight.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

So how long has Five Nights been directly available on Steam? Because it's there now

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Safari Disco Lion posted:

I did sort of want the Xbox versions, but they cost twice as much as buying it on the PSN ($20 vs $10). Also means no undub patches for me, sadly.

The voice acting in fatal frame 2 and 3 is fine.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Shattered Memories is the shaky, amateur proof-of-concept for the best exploration/personal horror game that will never be made.

Believe in Silent Hills :unsmith:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Neo Rasa posted:

Holy poo poo remember when Resident Evil 4 was going to be seven disks long and take place entirely in the Paris research facility?

No but I do remember when Resident Evil 4's build was a lot like a Silent Hill game that took place in a big haunted western mansion or something and I still want it so bad :(

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Sep 15, 2014

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

I really have no idea what they could possible do in a sequel that would be meaningful iteration on the original concept.

Eight animatronics?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Any time someone says a horror game plays like an old horror game like it's a bad thing I'm like :psyduck:

Tank controls 4lyfe

I'm gonna have to try Evil Within. Is it better optimized than Dead Rising 3?

Oh right, Dead Rising 3 is real crash happy, isn't it? Well that sucks. I was kind of interested but not if the game still isn't stable.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

So Daylight is some game I got for free with the purchase of my video card. I think it's a horror game, but is it even worth playing or is it just some sort of mediocre UE4 engine test more than anything?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I think the system is inspired by the way SH2's endings worked, where it was based on s bunch of things tracked during the game like "How much do you try to use the knife" and "How close do you stick to Maria" and other things, rather than a simple good/bad scale.

Has anybody actually datamined SH2 to find the exact values for that poo poo? Because it's really fascinating to me. I want to know more besides "Checking the hospital diary over and over is a really bad idea unless you like Water!"

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I mean it's still there because it's Classic, and also not Resident Evil without it???

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Here is my theory: there are going to be five freddy games because the title has five in it

!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

A. Beaverhausen posted:

God loving DAMNIT, I at least wanted to play PT whenever I got a Ps4. Horror is dead.

You can buy it on the playstation network website right now, and it'll be in your download list forever.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Butt Ghost posted:

But couldn't you just download it from Sony's site, and keep that around?

And what I don't quite understand, if they're still discussing future Silent Hill titles with Kojima and Del Toro, why cancel Silent Hills at all? Well, more accurately, why is it not just shelved, as opposed to out right not happening?

damage control

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Even in the total of around 4 levels you can use stealth and executions in Manhunt 2, it was just so over the top that it was hard to take it seriously. I mean sure it's gruesome but it wasn't really disturbing, just gratuitous and schlocky. Manhunt 1's more minimalist approach to the brutality where there was less gore than you'd expect from some of the executions came across as much more disturbing.

I agree. I'd say the plastic bag's executions are probably the most disturbing, and in both games it barely shows any blood from them at all.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Didn't somebody figure out they were going to do 0 next? :(

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

King Vidiot posted:

Condemned but instead of fighting a bunch of hobos and creepy monster-people it's a single deranged guy. You can fight him off but he keeps coming back, and your only course of action is to try and keep moving.

Isn't this what Evil Within was kind of like? Or was that not Condemned enough because I haven't gotten around to playing Condemned yet :v:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Yeah, the atmosphere was great and the story was decent but it did have a disturbing amount of very graphic loli murder, to the point where you start to wonder

There's nothing to wonder about at all: Makoto Keduin Is In Fact Into Some Very Sick poo poo

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Aw man, I loved Mangaminx when I was younger. Should definitely check her out again.

I played the demo for the original Corpse Party game years ago. It was a lot of fun, and I was planning on tracking down a copy to play the full thing eventually. Now... Now I"m not so sure. :psyduck:

The first game is relatively okay, but avoid Book Of Shadows like a plague

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

what is SOMA

was it a game that was intended to save horror games?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

blackguy32 posted:

Soma is a type of muscle relaxer that goes by the generic name of Carisoprodol. It is kind of an old school drug due to the complications that can occur with it and there being a variety of more flexible muscle relaxers out there. Hope this helps.

thank you this helps allot

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

is there something wrong with Gothic Lolita. Should I feel bad for enjoying the clothing style of Gothic Lolita?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Just found out Fatal Frame V's creepy, slutty, tiny bikini costumes were replaced with classic Nintendo characters costumes like Samus for the western release.

That owns.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

spoil it for me, i love dumb horror game twists

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

silent hill downpour is a good silent hill game

well that's my unpopular opinion for the day

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

well then were you ever considering lping it, niggurath?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Does Shadow Tower Abyss count as a horror game

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I thought Toro was done with video games though

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

+1 the FF1 mansion. I don't think any other location in the series really compares, but to be fair I barely remember the Manor of Sleep

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

There's no opinion about it, the creator seems to have a thinly veiled gore fetish to go with his actual admitted piss fetish

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

is sweet home worth playing

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

exploding mummy posted:

Can't wait for D2

doesn't have a pc verison so prolly not

also it's extremely sad the guy died since he clearly had more he wanted to tell :(

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I actually bought a PS4 half for Until Dawn. I'm only an hour in and i'm excited

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I beat Until Dawn

As for my end game stats, everybody lived but jessica, matt, and josh. 5/8 isn't so bad, especially since I found out that everybody actually can die

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Nah, it may have been because I massively hosed up but Jessica died really quick, first, in like chapter 3 or around there

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Also I wanted to like Until Dawn's Totem mechanic but it felt sloppy. I didn't find half of them even though it felt like I explored a lot, and a lot of them don't even really match the theme they're filed under. I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Hideo Kojima's Death Stranding? It looks like it might be a P.T reincarnation because it has Norman Reedus in it

e: but of course it might not even be horror who knows

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jun 14, 2016