Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

holy loving poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I bought Alan Wake Remastered, and the description says it's the definitive edition with "all the story dlc".

But this is a lie.

It doesn't have American Nightmare.

I'm a little confused as to why but mostly mad they loving lied to me?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Oh OK...

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

It's me, the Shatmemz apologist

It owned

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I will admit the psychology stuff in Shatmemz is stupid

But it was fun to explore spooky places... Like a less lovely dear esther

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

dear asster

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i'll crush their tiny stupid heads

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

It's Trauma! is still funny tbh

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

iiiiiiiit's trauma! :jazzhands:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Superhot in VR has impressed a primal joy in every person I've successfully gotten to try it

Game owns

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

WaltherFeng posted:

https://youtu.be/B4wl3OVt8J4?si=EGVqIulIxl4-Pvcb

Im just posting this old clip of mine because it shows how my mind is broken from playing too much OG 4 and remake. I'm constantly menuing despite the remake having a perfectly functioning weapon hotkeys.

The cabin fight in Re4make is pretty drat excellent when everything comes together. Or you die in the last minute and start all over again.

Game: The Last of Us

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I just checked and I'm happy P.T remains on my PS4 no matter how aggressively The Man tries to remove any evidence it ever existed :)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I guess the true Silent Hell was raising a family in America

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Imagine not liking butt rock

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Morpheus posted:

Is Sonic Adventure 2 butt rock? It's bad and it's very good

Crush 40 is very buttock

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Completely forgot we finally got an official release of the 4th Fatal Frame game like, just last year

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

whaley posted:

did D stand for anything in any of the D games? i oughta try those things finally

In the first game, yes. The second one is just an artifact title.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Why is Konami doing this

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

It's actually almost funny how much Konami doesn't understand WHY people liked Silent Hill, just that they liked it

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Downpour is fiiiiine

It's derivative as gently caress still, but I finished it

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I loved Shattered Memories. I just loved the concept of exploring a snowy, dead town and finding all sorts of creepy notes and audio files and stuff that tell so many of their own stories, of people you never even end up meeting. Lots of visual storytelling too.

But then you're interrupted by the only danger in the game via the canned chase sequences with monsters you cant fight back against at all.

So in that sense I guess I wouldn't say ShatMemz is a true horror game, it's more like a moody atmospheric exploring simulator that occasionally becomes Amnesia The Dark Descent? (though apparently ShatMemz is a year older than Amnesia)

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Feb 4, 2024

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

"Rides with Strangers" is probably vaporware at this point (and didn't look amazing to begin with in prerelease), but it was a cool concept I'd still like to see finish one day.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

cool!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

pedrovay2003 posted:

What did you think of RE8 compared to RE7? I think I'm in the minority here, but I liked RE7 more. The Family was just such a memorable cast of characters for me (and the End of Zoe DLC was so much fun that I don't even have words to describe it).

RE7 is one of the best games in the series, RE8 is arguably one of the worst

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The Colonel posted:

i dont think anyone is actually calling 8 the worst game in the series it's just the newest one and we haven't seen re9 yet so 8's negative traits linger in peoples' minds more

no i kinda literally did

but i was being hyperbolic, yes. 8 isn't the worst, but it is one I have never gone back to so that means something at least

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

the reload animations got worse so I like the remake less (half serious)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The ending is way too sad even for a horror game

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

is it really worse than until dawn rush of blood?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

Went through the Dark Seed games again. I think that firstly 2 is pretty bad compared to 1 (though neither are really worthy of the SCARIEST GAMES EVER titles) and secondly, it’s one of the few stories where “all in your head” is a satisfying conclusion. In 2, he’s struggling with the trauma of 1 and continuing nightmares he’s had since before the series began and is starting to lose it, and papers the… weirder but also more mundane Dark World over things to try and justify his trauma. It’s okay, Mike thinks, it’s all worth it, because I can use that experience from then to save the town / bring Rita’s killer to Justice / be the hero again. It’s also shown in how he starts to view Rita herself, going from horror and pain that she’s been killed into eventually thinking she deserved what she got, as he needs the personal excuse less to be ‘the hero’ anymore. I’m not doing a great job in explaining this, but I think there’s legitimately enough implication that he’s a completely unreliable narrator that you can put forward the ‘in his head’ theory without sounding like you’re just trying to write a Rugrats creepypasta.

Judging from the classic retsupurae of dark seed 2 (that I have rewatched at least a dozen times), I am absolutely 100% on board with the "Mike is a loving weirdo nut" interpretation

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

it sounds extremely mid

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Enemabag Jones posted:

"Oh no! Not the Hall of Death again! The only way out of here is death!" is a quote I probably use too much but you'd be surprised how useful it is.

Hey, how's it hangin' Paul???

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I wish COVID hadn't killed our Family Videos here, it would be the perfect rental game....

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

Your rental place was hanging on past the mid 2000s?

yeah dude there were droves of people still renting movies. I rented RE3make and RE2 for four bucks each, it was the poo poo

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Gaius Marius posted:

Man I didn't realize they were finally gone. Getting the one two of streaming and Redbox must've been terrible for them. Even Redbox seems to be nearly dead despite how low cost their whole operation must be. Physical media, even just renting, is purely for purists and collectors it seems nowadays.

I've honestly never seen anybody check out anything from the local Redbox. Sometimes I poke it myself and I noticed they finally took all the video games out sometime shortly after Borderlands 3 came out which was the newest game I ever saw available in it

There's just not a point when it's not a store you can browse and chat with people

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

oh so even humble bundle has fallen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I can't swim and water kills you