Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

mutantIke posted:

On the topic of RE4-likes with frequent checkpointing: Just beat Alan Wake! Hilarious how shoehorned in those vehicle segments were. Gonna play through Control because I heard it was relevant to AW2's plot, but not looking forward to it - I got it back when the EGS was giving it away for free, and bounced off hard. Open world games with sidequests and percentage-based upgradable loadouts aren't for me. Is American Nightmare worth checking out? Heard very mixed opinions on it elsewhere but gamers are often stupid

American Nightmare was essentially a tech demo for the improvements Remedy was making to their combat system back for their original version of Alan Wake 2 back in the day. Its a neat little game, but entirely skippable. I also wouldn't stress too much about playing Control for story stuff related to AW2. There will probably be some connections and easter eggs references, but I doubt Jesse is going to come crashing through a wall and talk to Alan about the Control Initiative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I played Signalis and watched a few analyses on it afterward and I'm still a little lost on all of the plot to be entirely honest. Fun game though, and a great sense of aesthetic.

Powerful psychic lesbian robotfucker gets super cancer and wants to die

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
There's videos of people beating the game on the highest difficulty in about 10 minutes so it can absolutely be broken. It's just a question of whether or not you want to put the time into doing so.

Goon Worm Girl has a story summary if you want to get the gist of the genuinely interesting lore and story without the anal bleeding.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Meowywitch posted:

Didnt Wake 2 get delayed???

I could've sworn there was a last minute delay on SOMETHING...

They made a last minute delay of a couple weeks because their original release window got pretty crowded. Remedy's got some power behind their name these days, but the sequel to a cult classic can't directly compete against Spider-Man 2 and Super Mario Brothers.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
It probably feels like a longer game than it because all the time you spend in the forest kind of melds together.

I wonder if Barry is going to be in AW2. He might be too wacky.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The connection of Control and Alan Wake 2 has actually felt pretty smooth so far. Its not some MCU-esque "HEY HEY LOOK AT THE THING FROM THE OTHER THING"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Hidetaka Miyazaki and Hideo Kojima locked in a eons-long battle, each using their personal time machine to try and create a timeline where they were the first to invent video games.