Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Have stuff that's more likely/only going to happen in the copies we send out to Youtubers so people can accuse them of making up all the cool stuff for clicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

It's more a proof-of-concept than an actual game these days. It hasn't had an update since October and there's still nothing to do except run around and restart every three minutes.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

According to a comment on the Steam forum for the game, the devs have been active on Kickstarter as recent as last week. I checked the page and there's a post from last month where they say they're aiming for a 'Spring' release, but they don't want to give any concrete dates since they have a habit of missing them. They also say that they've gone voluntarily radio silent until they have everything nailed down so they don't overpromise/underdeliver. I think most people who've played the game would just be happy if they rolled back the updates to before they hosed everything up though. At least then people would be able to play it for more than a couple of minutes at a time.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I think the origin of 'lore' as we know it probably came about because of Dark Souls. Yeah, Demon's Souls did the whole 'inferring world/story details from item descriptions and context clues' first, but it flew under the radar until Dark Souls came along. And then FNaF came along and codified the concept, leading us to where we are today, knee-deep in lovely Youtube channels that promise to 'explain' every miniscule facet of a work, no matter how obvious it appears at first glance.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I dunno, I don't feel remotely miserable enough for it to be a worthwhile sequel.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Haven't had a chance to watch the Agony vid yet. I'm guessing it's not the mid-point between Bioshock and Zeno Clash I was hoping for?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Jukebox Hero posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noct

From the steam reviews:
"As of its latest patch, Noct no longer has a tutorial or campaign, and as a result has no scripted scares nor gameplay goals. It can still be played solo or online. Regardless as to how you choose to play, Noct can be summed up in one word: empty. The map is large and filled with empty placeholder buildings. Sprinting is extremely limited, so you cannot simply run from one landmark to another. There are no objectives and enemies can easily be defeated our outrun, making the "survival" aspect of the game rather bland."

It's the "As of its latest patch" that blows my loving mind. They took the game out of the game.

They're allegedly aiming for a full release this year, possibly by the end of Summer. I guess they found the rest of the game down the back of the sofa cushions.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I liked the art direction in DI, primarily because I love the artists they copied outright were inspired by. Getting to wander around a Beksinski painting blew me away at time of release, and the game was fun in a 'bubblegum for the thumbs' kinda way.

Yardbomb posted:

Satan's giant cock was good because there's already a billion tits in games, but not so much big ole swingin dicks. Also it was surprisingly really serviceable as a character action game.

I just loved all the people saying 'yeah, it's cool that we get to murder sluts and babies, but did we have to have a big floppy cock, just gayin' the place up?' at the time. The lack of awareness was a thing of beauty.

Kaboom Dragoon fucked around with this message at 18:22 on May 30, 2018

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I'd love a physical copy of the artbook, and I know $60+ for 88 pages isn't entirely unheard of, especially for what amounts to a vanity project, but still, yikes.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

discworld is all I read posted:

Has anyone played World of Horror in here? I've been thinking of picking it up but it's hard to tell how much content there is to it and I'd be curious is anyone in here has had any experience with the game.

It's pretty good, but it's hard to recoup resources. I could do most of the individual stories well enough, but trying to do a couple in a run usually ended swiftly after starting the second. Not sure if it's a balancing issue, there were ways to recover I was missing out on or I just needed to git gud, but it was fun for an evening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

AitD 2008 is a weird game in that, someone on the dev team clearly gave a poo poo, but they weren't high enough on the totem pole to make sure that spirit carried on to the rest of the team.