Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Just finished Silent Hill for the first time. Pretty good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Started playing Kuon yesterday. It's pretty great and has aged really well. Except for the combat which, in true survival horror fashion, is terrible.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

exquisite tea posted:

Is anyone looking forward to The Medium? The concept seems pretty neat and I think it's debuting on PC Gamepass tomorrow.

The review embargo just lifted and reviews are actually pretty positive. I was planning on playing it either way, but it seems like it might be an actual good game.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Horror might be the wrong genre for these folks

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Happy Landfill posted:

If this is the rumored SH2 remake I'm going to tear my whole face off. Just let 2 die. It's been milked enough

The gently caress.. how have they milked SH2? It gone one half-assed port to PC and was included in an HD collection that everyone agrees is worse. A next-gen remake is something literally everyone wants.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Lol they're really reaching with these. That's okay, I'll still keep playing this garbage.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

victrix posted:

Holy gently caress, I just got through that part in Alan Wake 2

Play this game immediately

Alan Wake 2, the Bloober Team level of follow up to Alan Wake? No thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Hibbloes posted:

Has anyone played https://store.steampowered.com/app/2006140/Withering_Rooms/

It looks really neat but i wanna get a outside view from the steam reviews, and i have seen absolutely no news of it anywhere besides the blurb in the new games thread. Anyone here got a take? I think it looks really neat based on the trailers...

It’s great but it does the survival horror thing where it throws some pretty insane encounters at you towards the end of the game that can get frustrating. I will say I haven’t actually died outside of a boss room yet, which means I haven’t experienced any of the roguelike elements and can’t comment on those. Resources are fairly abundant and it’s not that hard to keep yourself alive, even there are an overwhelming number of things coming at you.