Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

How to ruin improve game sessions & family ties with one simple question.

-Would this be better if I used poison?
Hey guys did you hear about the game "No one lives under the lighthouse?" It's the most itch.io game that's not an itch.io game. It's really good. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1254370/No_one_lives_under_the_lighthouse/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

Simon I feel is a dummy regardless of the brain damage. He was given a moral choice earlier regarding the whole copying shenanigans but then he's all like "Oh it's 100% going to be different this time".

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

Cardiovorax posted:

There's currently a very good LP of Lobotomy Corporation going on over in Let's Play and it personally strikes me as the kind of game that is better watched than played, so for those who are happy just seeing the weirdness from the sidelines, I would recommend going there first.

That's where you're wrong friend. Lobotomy Corp is way better played than watched, when discovering new poo poo on the abo's, dealing with meltdowns, having to retry the day for the tenth loving time because Binahs a poo poo. I cannot ever imagine watching this game instead of playing it.

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

I enjoyed it in a way, I liked the reactive gameplay and the escape gameplay (gently caress that toucan puzzle)but that's it. Not the worst silent hill, but no where near the best.

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

I loved darkwood and I can't believe that I'm reading someone say they found the night parts boring, those are legit the best parts. Especially if you're going with the difficulties that cut down the number of times you can die before losing completely. And night events are different depending on which hideout you're in, if you're in the third one than good luck buddy you have no room to get bored with several split heads gunning for your rear end while your barricades and hidey holes are being torn down as you're taking glances at the clock hoping you'll hold out.

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

I finally finished painscreek killings and it was alright!

I really liked the investigation aspect. It gave you clues but didn't hold your hand with really anything. I liked that a lot of the puzzles were well designed in that there wasn't any moonlogic involved they tell you how to solve it and you just really have to find the parts.
I was eh on it being 20 bucks and there wasn't that many characters/suspect when you're investigating basically a village.
I disliked the voice acting like god drat get actual audio equipment if you're including voice acting like I could hear some of them spit while they talk. At least there isn't a lot of it.
Why was it 7 gigs download? How badly optimized is this thing?
I also disliked who the killer turned out to be. It felt like it was building up to be Derrick but nooo, it had to be the priest who for some reason didn't confront Charles for having an affair with his love interest when he was told about it 10 years prior? Also What was with that chase sequence? Like I love that they foreshadowed it and you get to see the killer enter and lock the door behind him from your position but it looked so silly, especially the end part.

Not a game I recommend to everyone, but it was had a lot of good design going on, it was clearly made by amateurs but you could see they had a lot of passion in it. Really good potential. I hope they improve on the formula if they attempt something like this in the future.

Waterfall Watcher fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Aug 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

Phasmophobia is legit some of the funniest poo poo. Was playing it with a friend who was on VR and we did the haunted farmhouse one and the objectives were to take a picture of a ghost and witness an event. It also said saying the name of the ghost pisses it off like crazy. So after we stuffed a cot with every teddybear we could find we located the room with the highest ghost presence by use of the thermostat and edm to then start shouting HIS NAME IS ROBERT WHITE. The ghost started flickering all the lights in the house, the radio was blaring murder, we were seeing our breaths and all of the doors to the outside were locked shut. The ghost then chased us down and sent me to the blindfold dimension. We also didn't get a photo of the drat thing even