Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Observer really felt like some sort of short story set in the Blade Runner universe, I really enjoyed that game a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Bogart posted:

they built the police station in an art museum
Spencer being a crazy rear end in a top hat who likes to put insane puzzle locks all over the place is very canon for ResiEvil in general, just presume he had a hand in Racoon City in general.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Yeah the setting grabbed me but the survival stuff really felt pointless, the ending is pretty loving nuts though.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
/\Yeah Lust for Darkness looked really bad.
Hot drat I need to grab that Carrion demo, that game is super my jam. I actually am enjoying Conarium quite a bit, the puzzle Im on is maybe a bit too complicated but its decent otherwise.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Just imagine the poor person that had to model all those dildos in the game.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
We can't stop here, this is penisbat country!
For anyone who has Dying Light, looks like theres a L4Dead event going on.

Dreadwroth2 fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Oct 29, 2019

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Sea Salt has you playing as literally Dagon, directing your horde of unearthly horrors to exact revenge on a town that stopped feeding you sacrifices. Also, you get to summon crabs.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Wolfe has said that before and his viewer numbers tanked super hard, I'll believe it when I see it.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Hes certainly played way worse tepid garbage, and maybe mean it this time who knows. This is why you don't try to make YouTubin your day job.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
That sucks about the lovely devs of Rachel Foster, I played a bit of it before getting a refund and they managed to make a really amazingly spooky atmosphere. I saw some people online playing this game, it looks kinda neat for a budget title.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1228520/The_Convenience_Store/

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
So guess what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NiQAlGUw_o

Yaaaaaaay!

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I think it will probably be somrwhat similar in that the darkness monster will be chasing you and there will be wandering monsters, it will be at least hopefully an interesting story.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Carrion is probably my most anticipated game, I'm looking forward to bein the Thing.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
They really nailed the feeling of being a sentient liquidy goo monster where you don't have precise control over yourself, the game feels really good to play. Also grabbin dudes and smashing them against the ceiling is really satisfying.

Oh yeah almost forgot, if you played Lakeview Cabin and wanted a sequel, good news!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/783840/Lakeview_Valley/
So far my nudist hammer-wielding psycho has been bitten by snakes, hidden a dead body, and been beaten to death by a perv in an exercise outfit.

Dreadwroth2 fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Mar 19, 2020

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
There is also the possibility that Simon forgot about his girlfriend, considering how long it has been.
I agree about the ending, I think it was added later maybe?

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Wow the tone of that Scorn Dev update is giving me some serious "up their own asses" vibe.
Still not a clue what the hell is even going on in that game, some kind of flesh infestation?

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I started playing through the second season of The Last Door, man they do some effective spookyness for something with such simplified visuals. They got me real good with a few of the jump scares, and the sound is amazingly good.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
It's probably been mentioned in this thread, and most probably by me, but I just played through both seasons of The Last Door and had a super awesome time. They rely a little bit too much on occasional jump scares possibly, and there are a few inventory bugs that can easily be fixed by just exiting out to the menu and going back in, but they manage to nail the bleak uneasy dread of good cosmic horror even though its all simple pixels. The music is very well done, which was a nice surprise, and the sound effects in general are all very decent. The puzzles can be a bit hit-or-miss, especially in the second season, I had to get hints for a few of the late game ones because they were pretty obtuse. Overall, it's probably one of my favorite horror games in recent years and an example of a Kickstarter working out well.
Also I love me some NiTW, I am a trash mammal!

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Bogart posted:

Can’t say I’m a fan of any TBF content; care to share the laundry for the lazy among us?

The devs were super salty nobody wanted to blindly trust their vision, due to them not releasing any kind of playable build for people to have a poke at. So their kickstarter failoed and they were mad about it.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Id play a Barlowe-inspired game over Scorn any day.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
From what I've seen, Tencent take a pretty hands-off approach to game studios that perform well. They didn't get this successful being run by idiots.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Yardbomb posted:

They did it by being an arm of the chinese government, tencent suck poo poo.

It's also extremely lame and sad that a chunk of the comments on that announcement are garbage tankies and poo poo caping for the PRC.

I did not know that, are they a branch of the psychological operations then?

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Its Blue Umbrella, totally different from Red Umbrella.
Totally.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I thought Sega had greenlit a sequel?

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
You need to give Mia the axe... to her face.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Spook Ware looks hekkin great.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
The demo has been out for a long time, and they did announce it at one of the Devolver presentations.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Chas McGill posted:

Try roaring to find the checkpoint things. I haven't really become lost yet, found it quite streamlined.

Remember your growl will cause the save points to ping.
I found the exploration flow really nudges you in the correct direction for progress usually, I only got turned around a couple of times. I kept missing doors to change areas since they kind of look like the rest of the background a bit.

Dreadwroth2 fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jul 25, 2020

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Discendo Vox posted:

I just watched part of a video playthrough of the succubus demo and I swear to god it's like blazing saddles.

Isnt that the devs that made that lovely Agony game?

Improbable Lobster posted:

The switch version is surprisingly good looking imho

Yeah I heard the A:I port was super ridiculously good.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Cool, I'm sure its super "edgy" and poo poo.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Lifeglug posted:

Also throwing Gab Smolders into the ring of youtubers worth watching along with those folks have already mentioned.

Agreed, she seems to actually enjoy the games she plays so it's a lot more fun. Also shes dating JacksepticEye and they stream together sometimes, which is pretty cute.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Daniel Mullins, the guy behind Pony Island and The Hex has a new game coming out that looks horror-adjacent https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70QOKsr27Po

Yessss this looks really great!

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I always thought the ending of Shadow was even though the Navy bombed the reef, Dagon and his Deep Ones didn't give a single toss about it and things went on as they always were going to, the entire thing was the usual meaningless flailing at the inevitable.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Prey kind of has monsters that are just inhuman shapes with kind of eyes maybe? Its def not a full on horror game exactly.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
The thing in Observer is probably the closest to what encountering a truly alien intelligence night be like, that game is super great but also not horror.
More like a really superb Outer Limits/Twilight Zone.

Dreadwroth2 fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Aug 16, 2020

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747

SardonicTyrant posted:

What even is that thing that can kill you in Observer? You only ever see it in people's memories (and the last level, but by that point what's real and what's hallucination gets blurry)

Oh god I just realized I was actually talking about Observation!
The thing in Observer is a spoiler for sure, but it makes sense really.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Dang VtM video games must be cursed or something.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Haunted House on Steam?

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Yess Darkside Detective is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
The official Ghostbusters game with the og movie cast is decent, I'd say also Haunt the House is a cool chill game with a good score where you play as a lil ghost spookin people is another good "spooky" game.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/270630/Haunt_the_House_Terrortown/