Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Dreadwroth posted:

Darkwood, it's in Early Access but I haven't been this unsettled in a game since I played the first Silent Hill.
Clicky

Can you, or anyone else who has given this a go, expand a little more on the gameplay and why it is unsettling? I thought about picking this one up, but from the description kind of wrote it off as like a top-down State of Decay. If it's actually good I might grab it, early access or not (I've been enjoying The Forest, even in it's half-finished state).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Dreadwroth posted:

I've been thinking about how to describe Darkwood in a way that makes sense, without totally spoiling it. It seems like it occupies a land somewhere between Silent Hill and STALKER, with really cool hand-drawn art and great sound design. Add a heaping scoop of Carpenter's version of The Thing, a whole bunch of Unreliable Narrator, and some really creepy "friendly" npcs and you have some idea what this game is. I thought it was some sort of "Slender-like" but it's actually way more interesting. It is definitely a survival horror game though, running away from things and not going out at night should go without saying.
I like it a lot.

Thanks for the recommendation on this, it's really interesting. It reminds me more of Pathologic than anything else, just tonally and in terms of me just barely knowing what is going on.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Brackhar posted:

Any thoughts on Anna: Extended Edition? It's on sale on Steam for $2 right now.

I only saw an LP of what I believe was a demo, but it seemed terrible.

edit: no, wait, I'm thinking of Amy, I don't know what Anna is.

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Aug 14, 2014

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Periodiko posted:

Is there a good LP of Five Nights that doesn't have a total retard mugging for a face cam? I tried to watch "Markiplier" and it was horrendous. I'm curious about how the game works but I don't want to buy it.

Supergreatfriend took a look at it here, no idiot mugging: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x-O-P-psl4

He only does a couple nights, but it's enough to see how the game works.