Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I'd say at least 2/3rds of Condemned 2 is great, but it definitely falls apart once the plot goes off the rails and you turn out to be an alien or something that can shout things to death with magic vocal chords.

That sounds like the opposite of "falling apart", because now I want to play the game where I portray Detective Steve Dovahkiin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

I am totally ok with Capcom re-releasing the best classic RE game.

They're not re-releasing RE2 though? :confused:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

In case everyone forgot, Norman Reedus and Guillermo del Toro worked together before, on Blade 2.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

RE4 owned because it was basically The Wicker Man X Escape From New York.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

al-azad posted:

Well, I thought Tecmo kept its perversion squarely in the Dead or Alive series but I see it's bleeding out.

Let me just scratch off Monster Rancher from my list of games that need a revival. I don't want to see what they turn it into.

Monster Rancher's been ruined since the third main series game, anyway. The GBA entries were really good, though.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Captain Yossarian posted:

Looking for the ps3 siren game- is it basically impossible to find? Saw some copies on eBay for around 30$ a piece but most need to be imported. Was it a pal game only?

Just buy a EU physical copy on ebay, it's cheaper than the US PSN version and the PS3 is region-free.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I think the problem is that underwater levels are usually reviled by the gaming public as a whole, so doing a horror game set entirely in the ocean would be difficult to do right. Games like Bioshock don't count because you're never really in the ocean and outside of Medical, the game is never scary.

Did you completely skip Fort Frolic or something?

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

ayn rand hand job posted:

My favorite part of Heavy Rain is that the convoluted death trap for the kid required more rain than Seattle gets in a year.

The fact that it takes place in Philly (in/around my neighborhood mostly, the first Jayden segment takes place right around the corner from my house) is hilarious, since we've never had nearly that much rainfall.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

When the gently caress is that 80s futurism space station horror game coming out? It's been so long that I can't even remember the title.

No, not Alien: Isolation, the indie one with the floppy disks and CRTs everywhere.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Jesus. It's been in development for what, 4 years at this point?

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Just a heads up: Siren: Blood Curse (complete, all 12 episodes) is free on PS3 for PS Plus subscribers this month.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

DropsySufferer posted:

Wonder what the story of EW2 would be this time? I really liked the gameplay of EW so this is really good news.

Maybe it'll have an ending that actually loving makes sense?

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

The only bad thing about Cold Fear is that the Xbox version's box states that it supports 1080i 16:9, but it's actually 480i 4:3 :mad:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Also, the PS3 version of the HD Collection was patched to remove a bunch of bugs, but the 360 version wasn't.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

RE6 is actually Fun and Cool, aside from some bullshit segments (mainly the train in Leon's campaign and Chris' QTE-laden final boss)

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Crabtree posted:

Are there any horror games that just go as far as they can into the realm of the bizarre that they actually work in becoming uncomfortable by sheer strangeness?

Deadly Premonition would fit this bill. Wouldn't you agree, Zach?

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

David Lynch (and his lawyers) saw the Rainy Woods trailer, which is why it had to be changed :v:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Nightmare Creatures 1 is super cool, and is basically what Dark Souls-style combat would have been like on the PSX.

Nightmare Creatures 2 is less good, but still worth playing.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Nightmare Creatures 1 has combat that's reminiscent of a slightly simplified version of Dark Souls'.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Crabtree posted:

So with PARTY HARD 2 coming out possibly soon, will we enter into a retro 1980s slasher sub genre soon? I kind of want a Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 of horror games where its still a survival horror, but really campy and intentionally cheesy as it tries to horrifically murder you.

ILLBLEED already exists though

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

the black husserl posted:

Are you a point-and-click-adventure game stan?

:confused:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

al-azad posted:

It’s revealed in the end you’re just a guy in an asylum and everything was in your head.

That’s every indie horror game right?

OR WAS IT!??!?

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

It's gonna be kinda weird when the 2 best Resident Evil games are RE2 and also RE2 :v:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I only played Jericho for about an hour, and I couldn't stand it because your weapons may as well have shot marshmallows and baby farts for how effective they were. Every enemy was a bullet sponge and combat was a goddamn slog. How the hell did any of you stand it long enough to beat it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

The Keeper's Diary from Resident Evil is one of the best pieces of world building in any game, and

al-azad posted:

Yeah, "itchy scratchy" is a total embodiment of the death note trope but it works so well. How did this guy have the cognitive reasoning to talk about eating someone's face and then hid in the closet for however long while transforming into a zombie is exactly why that scene is unnerving.

hits the nail on the head.

quote:

May 9, 1998

At night, we played poker with Scott the guard, Alias and Steve the researcher.

Steve was very lucky, but I think he was cheating. What a scumbag.

May 10th 1998

Today, a high ranking researcher asked me to take care of a new monster. It looks like a gorilla without any skin. They told me to feed them live food. When I threw in a pig, they were playing with it... tearing off the pig's legs and pulling out the guts before they actually ate it.

May 11th 1998

Around 5 o'clock this morning, Scott came in and woke me up suddenly. He was wearing a protective suit that looks like a space suit. He told me to put one on as well. I heard there was an accident in the basement lab. It's no wonder, those researchers never rest, even at night.

May 12th 1998

I've been wearing this annoying space suit since yesterday, my skin grows musty and feels very itchy. By way of revenge, I didn't feed those dogs today. Now I feel better.

May 13th 1998

I went to the medical room because my back is all swollen and feels itchy. They put a big bandage on my back and the doctor told me I did not need to wear the space suit any more. I guess I can sleep well tonight.

May 14th 1998

When I woke up this morning, I found another blister on my foot. It was annoying and I ended up dragging my foot as I went to the dog's pen. They have been quiet since morning, which is very unusual. I found that some of them had escaped. I'll be in real trouble if the higher-ups find out.

May 15th 1998

Even though I didn't feel well, I decided to go see Nancy. It's my first day off in a long time but I was stopped by the guard on the way out. They say the company has ordered that no one leave the grounds. I can't even make a phone call. What kind of joke is this?!

May 16th 1998

I heard a researcher who tried to escape from this mansion was shot last night. My entire body feels burning and itchy at night. When I was scratching the swelling on my arms, a lump of rotten flesh dropped off. What the hell is happening to me?

May 19, 1998

Fever gone but itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food. Itchy Itchy Scott came. Ugly face so killed him. Tasty.

Itchy.
Tasty.

That's the poo poo. And this is the original version from the goofy PSX original RE and not the remake, which still kept the final two entries although it splits the May 19th one into two parts, with the second half being written two days later for no apparent reason.

Also, the version from the RE5 Lost in Nightmares expansion is garbage so don't even bother looking it up.